Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its not fair that...

+12
PresidentRagman
GeneralGarminFe
UnityPrime
Lions of Earth
DPrisoner00200
FieldMarshallStrykker
TheSectorGeneralDeer
MaehlHoldings
Ar'yayhivequeen
blackheartsecurity
LeftenantRyuk
Palomedes
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty The nature of things ...

Post  MaehlHoldings Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Blackheart, you brutally misunderstand the nature of "pirates" in the year 2220. I'm not going to go into how that is, but a pirate in somalia in our reality is nothing like a pirate in Iron Republic dominated space. And there are LOTS of reasons for that. While you may not understand it, you don't have to. I don't question how your faction works or doesn't work, its not fair that you've been dogging mine for the last few weeks because you don't "understand" based on "reality".

In our reality there are no vampyrs, no leyas, and no qual ndrone. I'm not crying foul, because it's intrinsic (or developed) through the game.

Admin knows and gets it, as do my faction peers. If it weren't, admin wouldn't have allowed it. Since when is that not good enough??? Because, bottom line, we live in his world. If we don't like it, we can ask for clarification. If his clarification isn't good enough because it doesn't fit our mold of what we believe reality to be, then we can either make and design our own game system, setting, and world for others to play and enjoy, stop playing alltogether, or enjoy it for what it is and what admin has set up for us. But its rather ridiculous to question the creator's justification for things, especially in a world that purposely doesn't follow the same rules as ours.

/end rant

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
its not fair that... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue125/125its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty Re: its not fair that...

Post  blackheartsecurity Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 pm

LOL I guess whats so frustrating about the Free Systems is the number of misnomers in it.
The systems aren't free, right now the place is locked down tighter than North Korea and there are pirates that act nothing like pirates.

Oh and Maehl, you are in my faction, I would certainly hope you understand how it works afro

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
its not fair that... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Its not fair....

That each one of us at one time use to be honored to play in this game. That each one of us was devoid of any feeling that we were owed anything by anyone.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
its not fair that... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue120/120its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshallStrykker Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:29 pm

@ Temopral Empire

Actually if you check this thread you'll see that TNI was willing to be killed or kill himself before being taken by anyone against his will days before it was even a mission to post in.

This however brings me to my actual point. I think its unfair that cries of meta gaming have been being thrown around a lot and I think it needs to stop. For all the complaining about it I've seen there has been little intentionally meta gaming happening on this forum. What has happened has more often been a misunderstanding or an accident and has been dealt with fairly. Usually if something happen and you think it was meta gaming it was because that person had IC knowledge you don't know they had or something was established in IC PMs or a thread that you didn't see.

Even if you feel very strongly you have been meta-gamed the thing to do is contact a Mod or Admin make them aware of your concern and ask them to look into it. Either way it will be handled. What you should please not do is come into a public thread and make accusation against another player. That is not going to solve anything and will only cause bad feelings among everyone.
I realize this is a thread to complain and complaining is fine but please lets all try to remain civil.

FieldMarshallStrykker
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
its not fair that... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue120/120its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:58 pm

MaehlHoldings wrote:Blackheart, you brutally misunderstand the nature of "pirates" in the year 2220. I'm not going to go into how that is, but a pirate in somalia in our reality is nothing like a pirate in Iron Republic dominated space. And there are LOTS of reasons for that. While you may not understand it, you don't have to. I don't question how your faction works or doesn't work, its not fair that you've been dogging mine for the last few weeks because you don't "understand" based on "reality".

In our reality there are no vampyrs, no leyas, and no qual ndrone. I'm not crying foul, because it's intrinsic (or developed) through the game.

Admin knows and gets it, as do my faction peers. If it weren't, admin wouldn't have allowed it. Since when is that not good enough??? Because, bottom line, we live in his world. If we don't like it, we can ask for clarification. If his clarification isn't good enough because it doesn't fit our mold of what we believe reality to be, then we can either make and design our own game system, setting, and world for others to play and enjoy, stop playing alltogether, or enjoy it for what it is and what admin has set up for us. But its rather ridiculous to question the creator's justification for things, especially in a world that purposely doesn't follow the same rules as ours.

/end rant

Then again, considering the core of Ironsbane's pirate group was a large amount of Anti Iron Republic revolutionaries who used piracy to fund their campaign against the IR it seems odd that the survivors would just give up their campaign. Also considering that Free Systems pirates helped to kill Ironsbane the sizable fleet that survived his death would most likely never join the Free Systems. I have been quite confused as to where the heck these pirates and the dozens of Light Frigates that they still possessed would have gone and why they have just given up their fight?
Then again I do not know what happened between the death of Ironsbane and the beginning of this space game. Maybe the Temporal Empire and the IR hunted them all down, though it seem weird that there was no official mention of what happened to those Pirates.

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  TerraNovaIndustries Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Temporal Empire,

Please don't take any of what follows as a personal attack because it's not.

If you really do believe that I meta-gamed then you are sadly mistaken. Strykker linked to one post where Twain referred to possibly killing himself and if you will check here and here you will see that there was talk of that at the very least a day before the mission thread even went up. As for the boobie trapping of the island, try putting yourself into Twain's shoes. He's negotiating with the most untrustworthy faction in the game so far as he is concerned. And while I knew as a player that Ryuk wasn't trying to screw me over, as a character Twain had no way of knowing this. What was he supposed to do, keep dodging and twirling his thumbs while a bunch of Kasanthians and a Da'uhnb who just seemed to randomly show up start building something? Do you really think he should have sat around? Perhaps a frontal assault on 5 Sanguine Lords would have been a good idea? The point I'm trying to make is that he had little to no options. If he brought in his business clients and partners then they would've gotten slaughtered or have started a new war. So the character did what he could given the situation. He got defensive.

You mentioned that the 'foam wouldn't stop you from time shredding and you are correct. However, only half of what it does is stop leyas use. I'm interested to see what the Admin does with it's other properties.

As for your other accusation about turning Su Maehl into a girl, I will admit that it was a dumb move on my part and something I regretted almost immediately after submitting the action to the Admin. But as a character it is something that Twain would do. I mean, he created a weapon called the Brown Note Canon so maturity really is not his thing. Was it childish and stupid? Yes. Was it out of character? Not so much.
TerraNovaIndustries
TerraNovaIndustries

Character sheet
Army Morale:
its not fair that... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Ar'yay, you're right. These aren't the same pirates. The overwhelming majority of pirates never were ironsbane folk. And they certainly aren't now.

Where have ironsbane's core pirates gone?? Well, I only know what hapened to a significant number of them. The rest are unknown... maybe the son of ironsbane knows?? They're not mine... maybe we'll find out.... really soon! Smile

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
its not fair that... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue125/125its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:10 pm

MaehlHoldings wrote:Ar'yay, you're right. These aren't the same pirates. The overwhelming majority of pirates never were ironsbane folk. And they certainly aren't now.

Where have ironsbane's core pirates gone?? Well, I only know what hapened to a significant number of them. The rest are unknown... maybe the son of ironsbane knows?? They're not mine... maybe we'll find out.... really soon! Smile

Indeed, we might find out in the future, though, it seems odd that pirates who were so active would spend months to a year being inactive Razz

It is true that Ironsbane didn't control the majority of pirates but he did control a whole lot of them and many survived and many of those were very well armed and not the kind of guys who sit on their ass waiting for their turn.

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Well, considering the singularly spectacular way that Ironbane went out; I think its pretty fair to say his followers are now for the most part VERY close together. Those who escaped likely decided that overt horrifying acts are not the best way to make money, and probably joined the likes of Maehl. Who is making money hand over fist.

After all, in this game, trade is INSANELY profitable. Particularly for people with pirate skill sets.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:14 pm

UnityPrime wrote:Well, considering the singularly spectacular way that Ironbane went out; I think its pretty fair to say his followers are now for the most part VERY close together. Those who escaped likely decided that overt horrifying acts are not the best way to make money, and probably joined the likes of Maehl. Who is making money hand over fist.

After all, in this game, trade is INSANELY profitable. Particularly for people with pirate skill sets.

Unlikely since their goal isn't profit, it is to kill anyone connected to the Iron Republic. Ironsbane made money to get more weapons to kill any and all people within the Iron Republic.
Allying with Maehl would be counter to every thing they were fighting for.

Also Maehl already mentioned that they weren't working for him. Razz

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:17 pm

OHHHHH, ok.

Huh, thats actually kind of a good question. Where DID they go? I sort of assumed that they mostly just died and/or fled when Ironbane died. Maybe they joined with rebels in the IR and left the Free Systems?
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Entirely possible, some of them would have joined his son but many wouldn't have as his goal was non violent in the beginning. (running his own company)

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:53 pm

I don't know if I agree. Captain Ironsbane killed himself publicly but not before selling out to Warmonger cult. If I was a former part of his crew and saw my buddies on his ships around his Blackhole bomb trap get killed by my now dead boss I would get as far away from that as possible.

He killed off his own crew without remorse. Not ok for a Pirate captain to do.

Also didn't Magnus start as Free Systems like all pirates in Space1 n 2, even if he went his own way later it does make sense his crews would go back to Free Systems after their boss was dead (fighting Captain Axis if I recall).

It's just speculation but after seeing him off his own soldiers down the craw of a Blackhole, I wouldnt think he's a Martyr and I definitely wouldn't keep his mission of selling out reality to aliens like I Am. But I would keep an eye on his son if he really was innocent and it did sound in the mission post like the son of Ironsbane was trying to go legitimate.
And if I was part of that crew and I got a call from that son Id get everyone of the old crew together to help him because he's like an orphan whose still part of the family.

No offense intended to anyone involved. This is how it seemed to me considering the narrative.

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
its not fair that... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue150/150its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:13 pm

The narrative isn't always super clear as to what happens,

Most of Ironsbane's people would know little to nothing about the Warmonger Cult, Ironsbane himself actually did like 2 jobs for them and never officially joined them. Yes he made a deal with them and his soul was taken but he didn't even believe in souls at the time so he didn't even think about it. Also if you notice he didn't lift a finger to help them when Warmonger tried to enter this dimension instead he ran to look the End of Days dragon's treasure horde.

As for I AM he hired I AM for one job and paid him back with the first black hole bombing action. After that they never talked again. It was always amusing to see people freak out about their alliance when there never was one.

Ironsbane's crew knew exactly what was going to happen to them in the last mission, he was using volunteers to run the ships that made the suicide runs. Ironsbane was first attacked by the Free Systems pirates, then Captain Axis. The last battle where Ironsbane died it was to a combined attack from Axis and the Iron Republic.

Ironsbane was never part of the Free Systems, he was an independent pirate group. He worked with the Free Systems on a few jobs but was not part of them. He even feuded with a free systems pirate who was pirating in Ironsbane's territory.

No offense at all taken, it is perfectly understandable that people wouldn't quite understand because a lot of information isn't super clear in the narratives.
Like Ironsbane's involvement with I Am, most people assumed they were allies when they worked together once and then never again.

95% of all actions done by Ironsbane was against the IR, he himself never understood why the other factions turned on him in the end as not a single one could ever give him a good reason why doing some jobs for Warmonger was worse then working with the Creeping Darkness or Demonic Unity.

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Aryay, who said they weren't working for me? Not all if them anyway. And not everyone who works for a cause is doing purely for the cause. Its not in human nature to do so.

Again, those individuals who only sought violence and vengeance against the ir wouldn't be in upper management... but it doesn't also mean that they don't need a job. That pays. Well. Or seek help and or protection...

Plus, what people do while they're on vacation, off the books and not on my vessel is up to them. It's pretty much corporate policy. (Which is why we're better than the iron republic).

Its not to say there aren't those who would rather bite their nose off to spite the face, but how many people would do that? Not the entirety of his forces. Palomedes and prime are right, enough people would say, proverbially, "screw you guys, I'm going home. " Every failed revolution in the history of humanity says so.

So the question, again, is what happened to all th people who don't know and or realize the revolution is over?? Wink

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:34 pm

MaehlHoldings wrote:Ar'yay, you're right. These aren't the same pirates. The overwhelming majority of pirates never were ironsbane folk. And they certainly aren't now.

This is the statement that implied to me that you said they aren't working for you. I was talking about Ironsbane's people and saying that they wouldn't be working for the Free Systems, then you said they weren't the same pirates. So technically you said they weren't working for you Razz

Indeed the grunts might shift over to other employers. However pirates by nature don't go for honest work, the main reason they are pirates is because they don't want to deal with the rules and restrictions of a normal job. So the very idea of being able to convince a large amount of pirates to be restricted by a normal job is silly.

Who said the revolution is over? Every fight has set backs and leaders die all the time. The concept that just because one leader dies that the vast majority of the fighters just give up is also silly. Then again, if they are scripted to just give up and run to the Free Systems then that is what they will do. That is not how they were designed but I am no longer in charge of that group so I can no longer say how they act.

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:48 am

I think its very fair that,

Aryay is having a creation of his own player come back to haunt him.
Welcome to the world of the TRILAT

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  DPrisoner00200 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 pm

GeneralGarminFe wrote:Its not fair....

That each one of us at one time use to be honored to play in this game. That each one of us was devoid of any feeling that we were owed anything by anyone.

The best statement on the entire OOC Lobby. Thank you for this statement.

I would just like to agree publicly. Even if I never get to say my characters name again and am stuck as DP2 for the rest of Space 3 I want to say how lucky I feel to be a part of this game with all of you.

Space 1, 2 and 3 has helped me through some tough times in real life.

DPrisoner00200

Character sheet
Army Morale:
its not fair that... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200/200its not fair that... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum