Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research

2 posters

Go down

Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research Empty Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research

Post  MichaelHerbertGilmour Wed May 18, 2011 7:21 am

Enclosed is a standard Michael Gilmour videomessage.

"Captain Axis!

I hope today sees you well. My work has been proceeding nicely, as you have no doubt heard. However, I've met up with a bit of a stumbling block that I believe you can help me with. You may know that I have sent Grand Admiral Layne Yr a similar missive. I have been doing a bit of research into the the current TRILAT position on Leyas research, and I have realized that a significant amount of that knowledge seems to be deposited resources directly under the control of several members in our group- otherwise, I would have simply taught myself. Furthermore, I'm very interested in things that aren't terribly basic, so there might not be much known about them.

I am interested in infusing creatures, living or otherwise, with leyas/leyas created abilities. I would greatly prefer that these creatures be able to propagate these infusions to their progeny. I am also very interested in developing ways of stopping the flow of extradimensional forces- this would concern not only leyas but several modes of transportation used by both our allies and our enemies. Inhibiting the function of leyas-infused items and creatures is also a high priority. Technologies based on extradimensional transport are commonplace at this point, but they seem surprisingly poorly understood.

As always, I am more than willing to offer any clarifications concerning my request that you may wish.

Thank you for your time."

And, as normal, the feed terminates.
MichaelHerbertGilmour
MichaelHerbertGilmour

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research Left_bar_bleue100/100Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research Empty Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research

Post  CaptainAxis Tue May 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Dr. Gilmour

What you are trying to accomplish is called braking. It's a relatively well known procedure. The most well-known group I've come across is the Tsoga. I can assist you with the braking technique. What “adjustments” are you trying to create? If I understand you, I believe you said you’re trying to make it wear these broken can reproduce and their offspring will have the same adjustments, is that correct? If so, than you’re looking to change the genetic makeup of the entire specimen into a new being. I’m sure it can be done but will require further investigation.

As far as “stopping the flow of extradimensional forces”, Zela is the most useful for shutting down the leyas. However, Zela is incredibly rare and I don’t suggest using it. Therefore, the next most useful option is leyas warding.

I would like to discuss both of your plans in further detail. That way I can give you better aid in these projects.

CaptainAxis
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research Left_bar_bleue100/100Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research Empty Re: Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research

Post  MichaelHerbertGilmour Tue May 24, 2011 8:33 pm

The video-message is sent as normal.

"Excellent! I'm glad to hear that is such a standard procedure that it already has a set of defined terminology. That gives me great hope that my further investigations will be successful. And yes, I am very interested in passing the 'adjustments' down from parent to child. Significant modifications to the whole genetic makeup will not be an issue.

I am mostly interested in such 'breaking' procedures in order to help my fungus grow even in environments that are not conducive toward life; specifically environments that are highly influenced by leyas. The situation that made me first notice this disadvantage was Viggo's introduction of nightmare flesh into CV-β4, though I am certain other situations will arise that present a similar challenge. Giving my creations the ability to counteract those effects would be extremely advantageous. If those traits can be passed down, then entire strains could find themselves more resistant.

Yes, I have heard. However, it is my understanding that zela must actually be incorporated into the object to be warded, which is not ideal. Its rarity is also an issue, and I will agree with your assessment completely. What exactly is leyas warding? What are its exact effects? Judging by the sound of it, it actually seems like the most ideal option.

Thank you very much for your reply; I look forward to working together with you in the future."
MichaelHerbertGilmour
MichaelHerbertGilmour

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research Empty Re: Attn: CaptainAxis- An inquiry concerning my research

Post  CaptainAxis Fri May 27, 2011 4:00 am

warding are leyas spells that prevent leyas users from using sertan types of spells. You need a specific ward, example: an earth ward will prevent the use of earth leyas. The ward must be big enough to effect the area. example, warding and area like a hallway only effects the hallway. the negative of warding is that you and yor allies can't use that specific leyas either. also, the larger the warded area, the larger the risk of failer and the larger the risk of burning out.

CaptainAxis
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down