Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall

5 posters

Go down

PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Empty PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall

Post  Admin Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 am

The Unity Probes hanging over the pools of magma at the edge of the Continent of Dead Quall had a tough job. They had to take accurate readings while facing heat equal to the inside of a volcano, a hard enough job if they weren't under constant attack from Flayers.
When they picked up the huge mass of Flayers moving towards their positions, they sent out an automatic alert to all Unity connected and the nearby forts of Quall Hunters. These Children of the Falosini have armed themselves with special crossbows that could survive the immense heat of the other dimension, and artificed shields to allow them safe breathable air and to keep them from dying from the heat were necessary as well.
Garmin Fe, leader of the Continent of Dead Quall defense force, awoke in what constituted night on the dimension, a slight lessening of the immense heat, and a darkening of the sky. Two thousand Flayers and Pit Mongrels were assaulting the beaches at the eastern coast near Fort Iceheart. Two thousands Flayers and Pit Mongrels were also attacking the western coast at the peninsula near Fort Whitecap.
But it was the sighting of strange new Neo-flayer starfighters and a Horn Starcruiser modified to survive the heat that concerned all who saw the reports.
As the Sagittae Starfighters left their docking bays across the continent, and the Arcturus Warships moved into position, battle would soon be joined.
The reason for this attack is unknown by the TRILAT.
The IR is attempting a pincer attack on the Continent of Dead Quall, in the Land of the Quall N'drone, on the dimension of Kyrpos.
The landscape is flat obsidian, and most of the structures are made of smoothed obsidian and lavarock. An extensive trenchsystem lines the lava beaches of the continent, manned by brave Children of the Falosini armed with artificed weaponry, and more technomantic weapons like magi cannons, and Eye Spy based Leyas turrets.

This mission is open to Iron Republic players and TRILAT Players (Unity, Kasanthian Federation, and Angels of Desolation) only.
This thread is to discuss battle tactics and plans for the TRILAT.
Discuss your tactics and plans here. Remember that you must post your action in the actual Weekly Event thread for it to count!

Admin
Admin

https://darkrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Empty Re: PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall

Post  GeneralGarminFe Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:42 pm

This continent is the only foothold we have to the world of Kyrpos, the home plane of the vile Quall N'drone, allies of the Iron Republic. I will not allow it to be lost! I will muster and organize as many forces and I can bring to bear, but to ensure victory I request the help of the Unity and their TRILAT allies.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Left_bar_bleue120/120PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Empty Re: PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:52 am

Most of my most devoted and reliable troops cannot survive the harsh heat of the Land of the Quall N'drone. However I would not be the Necromancer Admiral for nothing. So much time serving under Lurlock of Kasanth and learning his myriad of shadowy arts. I have a few thousand undead Quall left over from the border wars that we could deploy armed with chill artifacts and shield breakers.

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Left_bar_bleue100/100PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:10 am

We believe that would be...sublime.

Unity strategic taskforce 3 has forwarded a map of the island, as well as Unity readings of the incoming force.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Left_bar_bleue120/120PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Thank you Admiral for your contribution. Your forces will add a whole new meaning to the Continent of Dead Quall.

In regards to Unity Prime's assistance, it is much appreciated, particularly at this time of need.

With your new maps in hand I will mark out specific zones that we will allow the opposition to take once signaled. All allied ground forces are to clear these zones when ordered and allow the enemy to take them. Also, all air forces are to clear the skies above these zones as well, for their own safety.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Empty making a requisition

Post  ViggoTheKasanthian Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:20 pm

My Grand Admiral,
Might I have some of the Quall corpses as well to harvest from? I will use them to bolster my own forces and try gaining another foothold in the name of Kasanth along the outer rim of out territory.
Demonically yours,
Viggo Twisted Evil
ViggoTheKasanthian
ViggoTheKasanthian

Location : Questing on Refuge, while trying to dodge and stay alive

Character sheet
Army Morale:
PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Left_bar_bleue100/100PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Which of our territorys do you want to expand my sweet Viggo?
If is in space or in the land of the Quall N'drone then I am behind you 110% but be wary. Do not attempt to expand our borders on REFUGE. I don't fear General Strykker but I do fear his nukes. I'd rather as not see my handsome little K'iou reduced to fallout and dust.

I've warned you, so now you can take 500 Quall skeletons for your diabolical plans. They will be delivered by Death Cloud Airships to your laboratory before the night is through.
Now go make your Admiral happy.

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

PreGame Faction Mission: The Defense of the Continent of Dead Quall  Empty my sights set on.

Post  ViggoTheKasanthian Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Grand Admiral,
Though a greatly appreciate the offer of the Quall skeletons and will gladly fine a way to make good use of them, i was hoping more for the meaty bits of Quall. I am looking to help out the fair land of Nykosa V, and offer some of my knowledge to their people. We wouldn't want a force such as the Black Cats of R-U to go to complete waste. Evil or Very Mad
Demonically yours,
Viggo
ViggoTheKasanthian
ViggoTheKasanthian

Location : Questing on Refuge, while trying to dodge and stay alive

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 pm

I can only spare 50 of the fleshy corpses, Viggo.
They are well preserved, but they have spent about two years in cold storage. So when they begin to thaw out they will stink quite a bit.

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 pm

We have a proposed addendum to the defensive plans currently being devised.

Simply, the isle of dead quall is a product of frost generators which the Unity can produce en masse. The only reason why the entire plane has not been extinguished is because of planar stability concerns.

As such, the isle has only limited tactical value.

We propose the following. The Unity will send Builders which will construct local defensive guns. While building defensive positions, they will ALSO prime the continent for self destruction. We can calibrate the blast in such a way that islands of obsidian of seeded with frost generators and holding defensive bunkers will be launched towards Quall settlements unprepared for the sudden presence of Frost Generators. The bodycount would be staggering, even to them. Our own casualties will be less than 1% of those who follow the evacuation plan.

Further, we can use this confusion to set up forward positions on Quall settlements to begin our host resurrection experiments. This offensive move we will perform regardless of the continent's destruction, but it would be aided by the same.

We had considered proposing reformation of the continent in a new location anyway, but it seems we now have two reasons to do this instead of one. The proposed positions of escape barges have been forwarded to all engaging in this action. Garmin Fe, this is your continent. If you do not wish for this contingency, I shall not provide it. The offer stands.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Your proposal is bold, but not entirely different from what I was planning before. I was willing to lose several sections of the continent in order to achieve victory, but in the long term, that would be a losing strategy. Yet still, the continent is not entirely without worth. Spite the harshness of the environment, it has become home to thousands of Refuge pioneers. The obsidian rock has become their home. Not to mention it is a place within the plane of fire that cannot be harmed by your standard Quall invasion. This attack is, I think, an attack of desperation. Then again, they could just be testing the waters of a larger attack.

Let me revise your proposal. Instead of dispersing the entire continent, let us instead section it off into several smaller island bases. The none optimal sections could then be used offensively as you originally proposed. If we pool our resources we could then levitate the islands and use them as mobile bases for our various purposes. Every faction that participates can assume control of an island base after the battle is won. Since the Unity builders will be essential for this undertaking, they could be granted up to three island bases.

If this is agreeable to all parties, then I will personally speak with the citizens and inform them that their home is no more.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:13 pm

An excellent compromise. We will contribute to the defense, and will also set traps along the appropriate fault-lines, allowing us a scorched-earth defense. They will bleed for every inch of ground they take.

We will also set up a processing center for the opponent's dead, such that we may begin reclamation. It is unlikely any valuable specimens will be captured, but you never know.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down