Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Enemy has a Plan

4 posters

Go down

The Enemy has a Plan Empty The Enemy has a Plan

Post  GeneralGarminFe Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:47 am

It appears that in the attack against the Continent of Dead Quall, an enemy unit purposely took a frost generator from the field of battle. I put forth the question:

Do we investigate and respond?
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The Enemy has a Plan Left_bar_bleue120/120The Enemy has a Plan Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The Enemy has a Plan Empty <AUTOMATED MESSAGE>

Post  TheIllusiveM.D. Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:50 am

<BEGIN TRANSMISSION>

Correct me if I am mistaken, but we are not yet in a position to retrieve it. In this case, it seems to me that our best course of action is to investigate any potential weaknesses to the frost generator, as well as any applications to which our enemies might put it.

<END TRANSMISSION>
TheIllusiveM.D.
TheIllusiveM.D.

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The Enemy has a Plan Left_bar_bleue100/100The Enemy has a Plan Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The Enemy has a Plan Empty Re: The Enemy has a Plan

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:51 am

PERHAPS I'M STICKING MY NOSE WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG, BUT IF YOU CAN JUST DROP A FEW FROST , sorry for yelling, my ears are still healing from the sound of the crushing defeat we just gave our IR enemies. So if you can just drop frost generators in the lava sea over there and it will form an island, then you can artifice that island to levitate why aren't we tossing in the frost generators to Mass produce floating islands? Seems like a cheap and yet perfect Airships fleet for an otherwise dangerous terrain.

Oh I wouldn't trust those IR corporate dogs, they should be spaced one at a time for dinner entertainment.

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The Enemy has a Plan Left_bar_bleue100/100The Enemy has a Plan Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The Enemy has a Plan Empty <AUTOMATED TRANSMISSION>

Post  TheIllusiveM.D. Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 am

<BEGIN TRANSMISSION>

An interesting idea, admiral, and one that bears further thought.

<END TRANSMISSION>
TheIllusiveM.D.
TheIllusiveM.D.

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:41 pm

AdmiralLayneYr wrote:PERHAPS I'M STICKING MY NOSE WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG, BUT IF YOU CAN JUST DROP A FEW FROST , sorry for yelling, my ears are still healing from the sound of the crushing defeat we just gave our IR enemies. So if you can just drop frost generators in the lava sea over there and it will form an island, then you can artifice that island to levitate why aren't we tossing in the frost generators to Mass produce floating islands? Seems like a cheap and yet perfect Airships fleet for an otherwise dangerous terrain.

Oh I wouldn't trust those IR corporate dogs, they should be spaced one at a time for dinner entertainment.

Planar instability. The birth of the continent pushed the dimension on the edge of destruction, which seems like a good thing, except the contents would spill into thousands of other dimensions. It would spread our enemy across all the multiverse and make our task of hunting them down impossible.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The Enemy has a Plan Left_bar_bleue120/120The Enemy has a Plan Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:05 am

The reply is straightfoward, and we appreciate your humor as always, Layne Yr.

They seek to reverse engineer and perhaps counter a device which is remarkably simple. The Frost generator is old technology, and as such there are few things which can be done to manipulate them.

1) They will try to make the Quall immune (20% likelyhood) As the frost generators make their environment cold, the only way they could make their people immune is to make them immune to cold. They will quickly learn that this is impossible to accomplish with so many. If they take this route, they will quickly take a second.

2) They will make a neutralizing device, a heat generator. (40% likelyhood) This is more plausible and could be a concern. The iron republic could make a device which radiates heat in a fashion that the Frost Generator consumes it. While this would be a difficult scenario to counter, it is not impossible. The issue is primarily one of physics. Our heat consumption technology cannot simply be reversed to generate heat. All the same, a next generation frost generator could count this eventuality through its higher efficacy.

3) They will attempt to make a remote shut-off signal, or a reverse polarity signal. (40% likelyhood) This we must prepare for, as success from them would be catestrophic. The Unity will assist Garmin Fe to prepare for all of these eventualities.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down