Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom

+8
GeneralGarminFe
PresidentRagman
Mor'aye'ahn
UnityPrime
AdmiralLayneYr
Lions of Earth
blackheartsecurity
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom

Post  Admin Mon May 23, 2011 12:53 am

President Ragman was relying on his new factories on Haephestom to be the backbone of his new weapons manufacturing and trade division to all of the Polar Expanse. In hopes of saving the planet a full invasion by Kasanthian forces, President Ragman has removed all citizens and innocent bystanders from one of the factory cities that has not been completely cleared by bomb techs. This factory city of Phaeron and an area around it was designated as an Arena. The combatants will land forces at opposite sides and fight each other in the confines of the zone. It is up to them what forces they use, within the rules that no weapons that will spread damage beyond the zone may be used.

Any member of either forces that leaves the zone will be out of play and counted as Kia.

Each Side may deploy seven troops. This will allow Their Champion and six troops. This is the maximum number of troops as set by President Ragman. This does allow 7 S.U.A.R.M Commanders and 21 S.U.A.R.M., and it does allow 7 Kasanthian Slavers with 35 Enslaver Nightmares. Or it allows Characters with Summoning to summon undead, kulieks or some other creatures during the battle.

The Zone DOES NOT have its own Leyas Generators, so make sure to bring your own, and state what types (and make sure you actually have those in your stores from previous missions).

The battle will be filmed and reviewed by a panel of 7 judges. Each side will be allowed to choose 2 judges. There will also be 3 impartial judges from neither faction.

The Contestants Layne Yr and Mor’aye’ahn must put their posts up by no later than Weds May 25th at 11 PM. EST. that will give the five judges a chance. The post must say who they have designated as their judges. Ragman must post what judges he has selected as Impartial.

Both sides are honor bound to follow the terms of the prize agreement.

The official prize of the match is

If Layne Yr wins – Mor’aye’ahn will leave the planet of Haephestom.

If Mor’aye’ahn wins – Layne Yr will leave the system and not attack Mor’aye’ahn’s shared holdings.

This mission is open to All Players.

Post your plan to this mission on either the defenders or attacker's side here on this thread only. First person to post gets a single extra repost later to launch secret attacks, ambushes etc. All other players get one post only. This thread will be locked at 11pm E.S.T. on Friday May 27th. Only actions listed on this mission thread will count as locked in for player actions.

You are encouraged to set up threads in your own factions to discuss this matter.

Admin
Admin

https://darkrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty Re: Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom

Post  blackheartsecurity Mon May 23, 2011 1:08 am

Childeen approached Layne Yrs forces before the battle began. Behind him a pair of large black cases floated. He called over the Champion. “The K-Fed has been one of my most loyal customers. I wanted to give you a gift before battle.”

He opened the case. Inside were enough 20th century assault rifles (AK-47s) and ammo for her forces.

“Consider it a reward for customer loyalty.” Childeen said with a smirk, “Also for a 5 million ghaz I can arrange for an EMP warhead to be detonated over the factory city, that will certainly screw with the Fort Lendil tech heads.”

Childeen approached the Fort Lendil forces readying themselves for battle. “I know you guys have the high end of technology but sometimes it helps to kick it old school.” He offered up a black case containing enough 20th century assault rifles and ammo to equip all of his forces.

“Consider it a gift to grease the bureaucracy into finally selling me your for export weapons and ships.” He said with a smirk. “Also for 5 million ghaz I can arrange for a fighter to drop UV flares over the factory city, bet that will put the hurt on the nightmare lovers.”

(OoC: PM myself and Admin if you want the extra services provided)

Last edited by blackheartsecurity on Mon May 23, 2011 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty Re: Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom

Post  Lions of Earth Mon May 23, 2011 1:18 am

Commander Johnson checked the map against the factory city sprawled out beneath him. He turned to the other Lions behind him who were checking the flat bed hover trucks. "Ok keep it simple and stupid. Wait for the battle heats up and then while everyone's attention is on the fighting we slip into the factory and steal enough equipment to give our "friends" on Infernus production capabilities."

He looked through binos at the forces on either side. "We could have a complication in the skies but they know to wait for us to clear. Alright lions, mount up, let em roar!"

Lions of Earth

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Left_bar_bleue95/100Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty_bar_bleue  (95/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Tue May 24, 2011 4:13 am

The TRILAT Planet Despoiler will open its Bay Doors revealing a landing craft. Once launched, it looked like a tiny castle and came screaming through the skies of Haephestom. It landed on the far side of the field designated for combat. Its trajectory so precise that it was obvious to planetary defenses of its location, and Layne Yr would make sure of it.
As it landed it launched fireworks. They were beautiful and drew the attention of all.
Unity Eyespies, Kasanthian Nightmare Recording Devices and standard FTL transmitters were mounted on the castle. The tiny transmitting station began to play!

A very thin Kasanthian Devotee will walk forward accepting the challenge on behalf of Layne Yr who was currently on Refuge.
+@+
Layne Yr's forces would follow all rules.

The first soldier would be the Kasanthian Devotee who first walked out, he had five Nightmares armed with Plasma Rifles, RPGs, Martian Mining Hammers and EMP Grenades.

The second soldier would be a Kasanthian Devotee who had five Nightmares armed with Acid Spitters, RPGs, Martian Mining Hammers and EMP Grenades.

The third soldier would be a Kasanthian Devotee who had five Nightmares armed with Chill Gland Rifles, RPGs, Martian Mining Hammers and EMP Grenades.

The fourth soldier would be a Kasanthian Devotee who had five Nightmares armed with Suicide Vests, and RPGs. Once they suicide they will reappear from the shadow of the Devotee and use their standard machine guns.

These squads would provide overwatch to the Fifth, Sixth and Champion, as well as Fire support.

The fifth soldier and sixth would be a Kasanthian Nanoplague Juggernauts who will limit their nanoplague to the city given to us by the Ragman for this event. They would be using their Nanoplague to disable and destroy the S.U.A.R.M. or forcing them to use EMP and Chill close to their own troops.

My Champion will be the Wormhole Weapon. He will unleash his nuclear fire within the city designated only, and will avoid the areas patrolled by the Juggernaut. He will target the largest of the S.U.A.R.M. with fire support from the Devotees Nightmare squads.
This Wormhole Weapon is named Brave Ulysses the Blue Hearted Traveler.
-- -OOC He will NOT be activated nor allowed to be activated while on the planet. I just want to deploy a teleporting Da'uhnb who can shoot nuclear fire. Its like a Godzilla/ Nightcrawler Hybrid, squeal!
Since neither of my conditions were agreed to by Ragman, he is lucky I am even taking part in his challenge.
I should just bombard the planet to pulp, but I won't.
Instead when the combat of the battle becomes heated all broadcast bands will show a dual frame. On one side will be the PPV combat, on the other side of the split screen it will show the Video from the Druzi Prime Manslayer attack. It will show the Iron Republic Brethren being cut down from actual footage. Then it will switch to actual footage from Unity Sentinel Station of the Uloh Free Confederacy Ships delivering the Manslayers there. This feed will also be broadcast offworld so no matter what all Iron Republic Sector Generals learn about it. The best part is I want it to end showing "paid for by the Druzi Prime C.A.B., Never Forget" so the Kasanthian Federation appears to be the victim of hacking. If it in any way is considered cheating or not playing by the rules "of the mission" I won't do it, but I don't see any rule stopping me. I said I'd limit my fleet, and I am a woman of my word. But there are no rules against a propoganda campaign based on the truth--

+@+

As Layne Yr watched the show safely at home, she toasted Unity Prime by Eyespy.
"I told you we have this one in hand."

+@+
Layne Yr will request her 2 judges are General Garmin Fe and Sector General Deer. Neither are on her side, but neither is really pro S.U.A.R.M.

Last edited by AdmiralLayneYr on Tue May 24, 2011 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added name of my Champion)

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Wed May 25, 2011 3:40 am

Prime laughed quietly, toasting back from his seated position on the Via. He was looking forward to the next puzzle, but was happy for the momentary distraction.

"Knock 'em dead, beautiful." he said back through the link. Even in a Universe on the brink of destruction, she knew how to have fun. It was refreshing.

Four of Prime's eye-spies watched the battle and surrounding area, serving two purposes. The first was entertainment, as hundreds of thousands of the connected were thrilled to watch another of the Admiral's capricious and unpredictable actions. The second was to keep an eye out for interference. Prime knew that the Admiral could handle this herself, but could not help from being a bit careful. Another of the small floating black orbs remained near the Admiral, providing her their views of the battle and any foul play they detected. In theory, she could use these eye-spies to contact her troops, if she wished to warn them...

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Mor'aye'ahn Wed May 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Mor'aye'ahn is sending down 2 hivestingers with g-class laser pistols and equipped with a built in sniper rifle in their open weapons slot. 2 catskinner pilots with multiple missile launchers in all weapons slots. 1 SUARM commander with full attachment with a demo-pack and one K'iou technofetishist by the name of Francis.

Each member of the supporting squad mentioned above is also equipped with a personal leyas generator in the form of a pair of dogtags in addition to Fort Lendill tactical goggles. The Hivestingers have ornamental plating artificed with shadow walk and cats grace both at six successes. The Catskinners have ornamental plating artificed with Maelstrom shield and cloud cover.

The champion not mentioned above is none other than the rogue K'ias J'khal.

The tactics are simple, all land units will use what sewer system there is to move about below the city and away from range of most EMP grenades. The commander and it's squad is primarily for recon and intel. The Hive-stingers guerrilla warfare and hit and run tactics to pop from shadows, fire, and pop away before a bead can be made on them. The catskinners are tasked with making bombing runs on the enemy to both distract and kill as best they can. The technofetishist is tasked to repair and upgrade any units he can whilst on the battlefield.

((Sorry for the rushed post. I was working on one with more story line but it wound up getting deleted on me mid type and I'm kindof on a time limit as it is.))
Mor'aye'ahn
Mor'aye'ahn

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Left_bar_bleue80/100Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  PresidentRagman Thu May 26, 2011 12:34 am

Ragman, appearing as a well dressed earther, steps into the view of the announce booth's camera.

"Welcome viewers, To the first bout here in the new BattleCity. I would like to welcome you to today's program. My name is John Doe, representive of the controling parties here on Hephaestom.
Today's bout will be between the forces of Grand Admiral Layne Yrs of the Karasanthian Frederation and those of Mor'aye'ahn of Fort Lendill. We would like to thank the Iron Republic Board of Directors for allowing us to brign you what should be an amazing fight. We are streaming this fight Live on IRE's pay-per-view system so that we can bring all the action to you live and direct. Remember that there are over 700 live video feeds, so find the angle and view that you like.

The rules are simple. both teams are made up of 7 members. some of these members have drones or attack beasts, just so you aren't confused by the numbers. Teams will enter the zone on opposite sides of the city and prceed to fight. Niether side is allowed to use any weapon that will spread beyond the borders of the zone. Battle will continue til one side is no longer able to fight or the time limit 24 hours is called. The bout will be judged by our elite panel.

the Judges that have been signed in for this fight are:

First: from the Iron Republic: SectorGeneral Palomedes and according to the list i have here also SectorGeneral Deers. we are lucky to have two such fine example of the might and majesty of the Iron Republic take time out of their busy schedules to help with adjudicating this bout.

Second: from the Earth Expeditenary Forces: General Adam Giffords has been chosen from the pool of officers sent to observe. This just in: Captain Mitchel Jeffers and PFC. Leroy Jenkins have been sumbitted to judge as well by the choice of Mor'aye'ahn. (OOC: he just told me to pick some )

Third: From the forces of Beacon City on the planet Refuge: I was told that General Garim Fe will be making a brief appearence.

And Lastly but not in the least: we have a member of the celery from the Cult of the Horned Dog, taking some time out of their charity work to stop by and participate. I don't have thier right now but as soon as i get it, I will be passing it on to you.

And now here is Samantha Rodrigez, to give you a quick virtual tour of the playing field and a breif overview of the contestants. Over to you, Samantha."

Last edited by PresidentRagman on Thu May 26, 2011 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry: just got the names from STrykker for the EEF officers)
PresidentRagman
PresidentRagman

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Left_bar_bleue150/150Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 am

Making its way into our own dimension, an arcturus warship appeared next to the planet despoiler of Grand Admiral Yr. It was the Beacon City craft, the "Flight of Beacon". It began to directly tap into the visual feeds and eye spy networks near the battle zone. Additional eye spies in the form of white and blue shards also began to appear near the battle site. Perhaps they were created using technomancy cast through the hacked eye spies?

The announcements had ended and the battle began. Spite the fanfare involved, it was quite clear that neither side was taking the matter lightly.

[The Arcturus Warship will continue to scan for and passively tap into the communications down below in order to get the widest perspective of the battle.]

When all was said and done the bay doors of the Arcturus opened and a pod descended to the surface. Revealed for the first time since the battle of Draco Epsilon 7, Garmin Fe gave a personal appearance in order to render his judgement.

"I don't know where to begin. I find it odd at all that the Admiral agreed to not break the rules of the engagement. I had honestly expected the tortured Da'uhnb to detonate and eliminate the planet and nearby systems. She must be having an off week."

"My judgement is that the Admiral made the most impressive display of power, while the SUARM made the best display of tactics, intelligence, and versatility. Spite these advantages, power won. The precision sniping and underground warfare utilized by the SUARM early on is a perfect example of what I am talking about. It was proving to be highly effective at first as each nightmare was eliminated and their equipment collected. But then the flying, teleporting, weapon of mass destruction grabbed a Catskinners and used it as a tool to cave in the entire sewers. A tactic of using the environment against the opposition only works when the environment itself is safe from attack. It made the difference as they are still looking for the remains of one of the HiveStingers. I think the resummoned nightmares even got most of that equipment back, just showing what brute force tactics can accomplish."

Last edited by GeneralGarminFe on Fri May 27, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar/Diction)
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  LeftenantRyuk Fri May 27, 2011 5:12 am

Games? Again! What another wonderful opportunity to make money! I shall have another event at my casino, and take bets!

Bookies! Work up the odds on who is going to win.
We need to Advertise!

We shall call this event Haephestom's HellStorm!

Everyone, lets get moving, and start getting the word out!

Ryuk

LeftenantRyuk

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Fri May 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Bootes task force 5 will arrive in system with the Mothership Fist of Caligula.

It will be flanked by 200 Raptor Starfighters who will have both plasma and liquid nitrogen missiles.
As well as its usual compliment of Gunpods and Raptors. (350 Starfighters total)

They will form a blockade for the safety of all the Judges of the tourney.
None shall be allowed to commit violence while Palomedes brave pilots are defending the planet and all shall be given safe passage to leave the system when the combat is over.

Palomedes looked at the defenses sure it could stop anything short of an Armada.
Now he was ready to take up his position as a judge.

"Looking at both impressive sides I am reminded of the battle of Hares Loft, when I was only a lieutenant, where the Space Pirates of Hares Loft had taken the city of Oamdrepapatom. It was a brutal street fight too and when it ended both sides looked worse for wear.

Today I enjoyed watching the fire support of Yrs Nightmares, and the nearly comical deaths of their suicide bombers. Im impressed that Hive Stinger survived a hug from a suicidal bomb vested Nightmare with rabbit ears.
I never thought i would get to see a Kasanthian Juggernaut or a Wormhole Weapon in combat and those monsters are very scary.
Mor'aye'ahn and Layne Yr both commanded with wisdom and their forces were well trained.
They both deserve to win for following the rules, acting honorably, and delivering an entertaining match.
Since I cannot vote for both I abstain. They really did both have such well thought out plans."

--ooc Palomedes blockade will last until the match is over and ALL parties depart without violence.

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Left_bar_bleue150/150Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Le-aHiveQueen Sat May 28, 2011 1:56 am

Horn Dog Cultists, Bubba Jones feels that Mor'aye'ahn approach is better because it is more subtle then the sheer brute force of Admiral LayneYr. Brute force although impressive in a battle against a tactful technician like Mor'aye'ahn brute force will loose every time. The simpler the plan the more likely it will succeed then the more elaborate of plans.

Le-aHiveQueen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Left_bar_bleue85/100Week 5 Planetary Conquest Mission - Honorable Combat in the Streets of Haephestom Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)
Current Research:

https://facebook.com/rachel.a.gianfortune

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSectorGeneralDeer Sat May 28, 2011 2:25 am

I get in there with two I.R Motherships and help close off the blockade created by Palomedes.
They will be accompanied by 300 Chaos Starfighters and two Horn Capital Ships.

Deer will go down, and vote against Mor'aye'ahn. Screw the SUARM Lover.

oh yeah solid narration time cheers

"I feel the S.U.A.R.M. hid too much. They might have used their numbers and better weapons. If that wormhole weapon hadn't chosen to restrain himself the SUARM would have never defeated them. They needed to be more aggressive. If they were serving under me I would have flunked them." Deer said to the person interviewing. "Hiding in a sewer really? Are they tunnel rats? No they are Giant robots, how did they not get caught down there?? Bad planning on the part of the SUARMY. I would have gotten lots of smaller SUARM, armed them with area effect weapons and unloaded on the Kasanthian positions. Drop the buildings. As
my good friend Palomedes would say 'BAD fORM OLD CHAPS'"

--Deers blockade will end when he feels good and ready, EEF fleets ONLY will be given free access back and forth--

TheSectorGeneralDeer

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down