Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development Plan (wk1)

2 posters

Go down

Development Plan (wk1) Empty Development Plan (wk1)

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:46 pm

**physical meeting between President/Director(s) of Flag Staff, Inc and Maehl Holdings**

Thank you for attending this meeting. I am the President of Henner12 Operations (PH12O) on behalf of Maehl Holdings. I'd like to say that I'm pleased that our two companies have merged to work together on this project. There are four things I'd like to discuss at this meeting so that we may clarify our operations and ensure our mutual prosperity on this planet.

Starters: Defense
There's military-space threats and on-planet threats. Against Military threats I suggest we set up a series of Disabler cannons that will serve to protect us against air threats. These cannons can be procured either by me from the Banking Guild, as I have connections with them that are...how shall I say, useful. It may not be at a discount, per se, but they will be better than purchasing through the black market. If Flag Staff has connections that can acquire these objects more cheaply, then we can discuss those options as well. In addition, I will attempt to acquire a contingent of Aegis Starfighters to use as a general defense force, as well as a Sentinal Strider for offensive power. Otherwise, I have other forces that can assist in planetary defense, on call, if required.

For on-planet threats, I suggest the purchase of a few Striders (either IR-Style or EEF style) for general crowd control and other possible threats, and then focusing on training ground troops accordingly. To be perfectly honest, ground security isn't my forte, so I hope you can assist me in those endeavors.

Thankfully, the Temporal Empire, per your agreement with them, will also be on-planet to assist when/where necessary.

Now, my biggest concern isn't necessarily military action against us, but rather the wanton destruction of this planet's agricultural fields. To that end, I suggest setting up a Space Station, off-planet, to handle most interplanetary trade and immigration. That way, we can do extensive searches of people and their cargo to ensure they are not agro-terrorists or engaging in industrial sabotage. We can do bio-scans and, well, I don't know how to scan if they have any meta-physical agents to do their bidding, such as the Leyas. Either way, this station will be a first line of defense against ground insurrection. Furthermore, Space Stations (Model T's) have great defense capabilities and would assist in both areas.

Second:
Corporate Development Plan - I'd like to keep Henner 12 as pristine as possible in order to best protect the natural resources available. I'd like to develop the land in a way to maximize agricultural output and, possibly, utilize it for eco-tourism. I have the capacity to store any agricultural and/or food items indefinitely and ship there anywhere across the Polar Expanse. It would be our greatest resource, and therefore it would have to be protected. It would also serve as a development center for the planet. Wonderfully, we do not need too much greater a population in order to develop the agricultural resources on this planet.

As a secondary resource, I'd like to assist in the development of the artisanship found here. Art is a great high-yield, low cost, product. We can open galleries and attract art from all over the world. Furthermore, we can then ship art from here all over the galaxy. It can be a secondary highlight of tourism.

We can then hire Casablanca to develop both these touristic fields and create the development and establish the resources required for these touristic endeavors.

Your expertise would come in for creating and developing the infrastructure required for these endeavors.

Thirdly:
System of Governance: My thoughts on this is limited, other than ensuring that we be very very mindful of who's coming through the planet, as the planet is, after all, a member of the Free Systems and thus subject to the Treaty of 2218. For starters, let's install a formal governorship and institute formal Free Systems laws and customs. When and where you may object, we can relax those laws. We own the resources but I'm not a fan of instituting wage slavery or being wage slavers. I refuse to bow down to the level of the Iron Republic in that regard. I want to balance the goal of ensuring our people do well and are happy versus ensuring our profits.

For all other major decisions, 50/50 between the both of us, with the Temporal Empire being advised of our decisions. If there are any deadlocks, they can mediate since, technically, they rule supreme over the Free Systems.

I know I've just laid out a significant amount of detail, but it's the Su Maehl way. What are your thoughts?

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Development Plan (wk1) Left_bar_bleue125/125Development Plan (wk1) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Development Plan (wk1) Empty Re: Development Plan (wk1)

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:56 am

Henry Dillinger stands to address those present.

"Speaking for the directors of Flag Staff Inc, I would say that our thoughts are mutual in most regards."

"In regards to defense, a small space force would be a bare essential. Disabler cannons, plus updated communication arrays would help delay any attacking forces and alert allies so that they can respond decisively. We have concerns about establishing a powerful ground force though. Setting up a barracks in the backyard of these artisans will not convince them that our words of peace were sincere. Our best approach is to offer combat training and improved weaponry to the local police force. Should a large invasion occur, we will concentrate instead on building an extensive underground bunker system for the citizens to hold out in. Our major concern would be the people's trust."

"Supplying infrastructure is one of our chief goals. Plans for a magnetic railway system are being drawn up as we speak. They should ensure that food stocks make it directly to preserving stations timely enough to ensure maximum freshness. They will also provide greater mobility to the public in general. We hadn't entertained the idea of an eco-tourism market, I'm sure our partners would have no qualms against it."

"Several of our... ahem... independently contracted advisers are working with locals to hammer out better law enforcement policies and judicial procedures. The final draft of the planets new government should be compatible with the laws of Free System Space. The advisers can certainly put forth your requests for tighter planetary boarder controls. Regardless of the outcome, we would be more then willing to share in the investment in a space station."

"On the subject of wage-slavery, our partners could not agree more. In fact, had you suggested the use of such practices as those employed by the Iron Republic, our dealings with each other would have ended here and now. That said, we had every confidence in you as a partner. We are glad to know that the confidence was not a misjudgment."
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Development Plan (wk1) Left_bar_bleue120/120Development Plan (wk1) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Mr. Dillinger, your feedback regarding ground troops is very positive. I love your idea of underground bunkers in lieu of ground forces. I presume you will go about the construction of these bunkers. Please advise what, if any, resources you would require for the same. Also, I presume that you may have better connections than I regarding the purchase of Disabler cannons that may or may not require going through the Banking Guild. If you can get a better than listed price, per the Banking Guild, on these items, please advise and I will split the cost. Otherwise, I will use my connections within the Banking Guild to make these purchases.

I will purchase the space station of immigration control, and supply the planet with approximately 50 Aegis Starfighters and at least a handful of defensive capital ships. Aided by the cannons, it will suffice a decent space force to bear the brunt of an initial attack. I will have a sizeable force available for larger invasion attempts, both personal and corporate, as well as Free Systems fleet.

I will also advise, Mr. Dillinger, that Maehl Holdings has recently had a falling out, so to speak, with a particular Quall Hive Queen. I am concerned that there may be an attempt for retribution on all our properties. While Treaty 2218 protects this planet and the Free Systems, I'm not sure I can hide behind it. What, if anything, do you recommend?

Finally, I will contract with Casablanca to develop our tourism industry and the required development for the same. I will copy you in on all correspondences, however, I have a very positive working relationship with them and should be able to work something out relatively easily.

On behalf of Maehl Holdings, we very much appreciate your vote of confidence, as well as a general agreement on how we intend on treating our people.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Development Plan (wk1) Left_bar_bleue125/125Development Plan (wk1) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down