Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas

+6
PresidentRagman
MaehlHoldings
UnityPrime
CaptainAxis
directorironsbane
sectorgeneralstark
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas

Post  sectorgeneralstark Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:42 pm

It was a rusty old station. One that belied its true nature of being a viewing outpost for the Temporal Empire and others who wished to view the Living Stars safely.
Not much was known about the living Stars other than they had been created during a powerful reaction between Revelation Nanoplague and Zero Metal which is alien to our timeline.
They seem to function as sentient Dyson-spheres and have communicated to slow for standard Earthers to understand.
This spacedock was neutral ground and close enough to what remained of the Arc of Midas to serve as a perfect place to discuss tactics.

FSG Stark waited patiently. He hoped his kinsman and his colleagues would not keep him waiting.

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Left_bar_bleue100/100Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty Re: Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas

Post  sectorgeneralstark Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 pm

He stood in his Iron Republic uniform wearing the Earther Face he had grown into during his service in the IR. At his side was a ceremonial mach pistol, and the hilt of a Nanoblade.

Arrayed in front of him were the sandwiches, cakes and other food stuffs the catering staff rushed to prepare for the guests.

There were even cages of rodentia if the Uthvelor ambassadors arrived from Captain Axis' fleet.

Stark poured himself a large goblet of finest Binber wine from Refuge. He tasted the frutty notes and the deep velvety flavor and sighed. It was perhaps the last moments of peace before the many voices would crowd his head. Yes voices from the guests, but all the voices of all the memories and minds he had copied over his long life. Stark adjusted the actual black leather gloves he wore.

There would be no new voices added to his mental landscape today if he could help it.

"Excuse me, adjust this table so my seat is at least three feet away from any of the representatives. Last thing I need is any of them worried its a Kias trap to rub shoulders with them."

The caterer couldn't tell if Stark was joking or not but moved the chairs as commanded.

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Left_bar_bleue100/100Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty Re: Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas

Post  directorironsbane Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:33 am

Evo Deman walked into the meeting room with his....well thug. The bodyguard if you could call him that looked like a wall of muscle in his heavy plated armored space suit. He would be terrifying if it wasn't obvious that he couldn't run two brain cells together to form a thought more complex then "me smash" Evo himself stood at 6'2 firmly built with a serrated blade stuck into his belt with no sheath and what looked to be a sawed off shotgun strapped to his right thigh. Dirty black hair shortly cut topped his head, he was lightly tanned with dark brown eyes.

"General Stark I presume? Yes i recognize that not so pretty face from pictures and holos. Well your prettiness or lack thereof doesn't concern me as I am neither here to fuck or befriend you. We are here to talk about crabs, and not the kind that make my crotch itch though those aren't my favorite either. That is why i like my wenches to be totally shaved, less likely to be invested. Yeah a nice tight shaved young thing feels the best especially when you need to take her by force.....wait, what were we talking about again? Oh yes E Strain those crabs. Yes there seems to be quite a large amount of of them on their way. Yes I know you talked to the PR guy as he was the one who told me about this little meeting....good sandwiches by the way. The cake could afford to be a bit more moist, cakes are like young girls you see, you need them to be just moist enough but not too much you see. Too much and things just are too easy, less force required you know. Anyway where was I, oh yes.

You want to contract help for your little fight here, well you are the big bad Iron Republic man, I don't see why you need help from little pi....business men like ourselves however if you have the coin I don't see why not. We have a small fleet of fighters and merchant vessels at our disposal, their owners are frequently hired by us and they won't refuse us here. I am in charge of organizing them and I have previously led them in several strikes in the past. As well we also employ some thousands of mercenary fighters. Mostly equipped with light armor and weapons, usually equipped to fight pirates, smugglers and private security officers. We have a few heavy weapon troops but they are in the minority.

I am going to level with ya Stark, the numbers I can bring to the table won't even be considered a bump in the road if placed directly in front of this fleet, we can be used for quick strikes and harassment. Give them something else to shoot at and we can do some hit and run attacks and bloody some noses. I do know of others who own more combat ready ships but my budget doesn't really allow me to expand our fleet much. We are an emporium of weapons dealers and shippers, we aren't a private army. However the Director has a special place of hate for the E Strain and we are perfectly willing to help anyone who is trying to make some good old fashioned Crab Stew. So lets talk about strategy here, and figure out how best to use my boys that will allow us to gain maximum profit for minimal losses like any good business deal.

directorironsbane

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty . Re: Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas

Post  CaptainAxis Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:12 am

The Uthvalor entered, on either side were a pair of Techno Broken. In the Uths hand was an eye spy projecting the image of Captain Axis.

"Stark! I'm sorry, Sector General. Correct me if I'm wrong but in the entire time we've been palying this game of conquest, this is the first time we've actualy met.......sorta. Forgive my not coming in person, but I'm not the most popular person in the galaxy.

"I would love to help in this culling but first, some terms. First, this will be by no means kept secrit from my Trilat allies. I am after all the Knight of Fate and First Knight of Kasanth. Admerial Yr and Prime will be informed of any events as they transpire. Second, I will not allow access to any of my vessals to Non-Trilat personel. Security risk you understand. Other than that, I have my legions of TB's, SB's and Annihilators ready. Also, my stock of void weapons are available for use. I can also provide an icreadable amount of intell thanks to my faithful Uthvalor Oricales, many of which are skilled mancers.

Axis's eyes let off a purple glow as he said this last part. A sickening grin crossed his face as he reached out of view. His arm pulled back in, in his hand was the neck of a rodent like creature being squeezed.

CaptainAxis
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty A Briefing

Post  UnityPrime Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:26 am

Prime's ability to make contacts was limited. The Unity itself was working overtime at the edge of E-strain space, working desperately to predict the asteroids of mini-incursions. Prime himself was indisposed, struggling for control over a body no longer his own.

He wondered if this would be sufficient, but knew it must be.

A builder diplomat entered the chamber, and its calm felt almost catching. The grey humanoid face was that of one at peace. He lifted a hand, revealing a small orb, which produced a projection of Prime. He spoke, referring to images made by the orb as required.

"Everyone. I am glad to see the quick response of so many to the coming threat. One of our generals has managed to place spies during the last culling attempt, and so we can provide you important information about the coming fleet. Our resources are somewhat limited at present, and so I hope I can rely on you to spread the information I provide through secure channels.

Firstly, the fleet is not as it seems, and its structure is critical. Much of the fleet is actually sequestered in hyper-real dimensional pockets. To put it more simply, what we see is a shell. Inside that shell is another fleet which is protected by 7 mobile ship stations. Teleportation or movement past this barrier has been proven to be virtually impossible, and we cannot see beyond it via scanning. However, those within the shell cannot leave at a whim as the planar stabilization effect likely takes some time to unwind.

We postulate this structure is being employed to afford the core of this fleet protection from harm, and time to adapt to threats. However, most of the E-strain of the Great Migration are insane, and so it may be possible to assassinate those few Magnavores who are sufficiently lucid to direct the adaption of the fleet.

Unfortunately, the Arc of Midas must be a fall-back of last resort. If the E-Strain manage to establish sufficient contact with the sentient stars...something terrible would happen. I would be more specific, but our prognostication algorithms state we have insufficient data at this time.

Happily, the Iron Republic has control over 5 star systems in close proximity to the Arc of Midas, and they have begun the process of industrializing those worlds. The E-strain fleet must pass them before reaching the Arc. This provides the opportunity for setting up most excellent defensive positions/traps.

The Arc of Midas is being assaulted for two reasons. Firstly, we think that whoever is in command of the Great Migration is aware of the Stars, and wishes to use them to their own ends. Secondly, the Arc is the only sector of space between E-strain Space and civilized space which can be crossed. Think of the rest of intervening space as a wall of planar instability, gravitic distortions, and black holes.

The Unity cannot provide much material assistance in this battle, as we are in the process of destroying those few asteroids launched by the E-strain which get through this wall. While only .00001% of those asteroids are surviving the trip, our prognostication and logistics are being stretched very thin as we prevent further contamination.

The Great Migration moves slowly, but inexorably. We will help as we may and would be happy to answer questions. Also, may we invite our generals to this meeting?"
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Left_bar_bleue120/120Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  directorironsbane Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Evo Deman took another swig of the wine, "So, there are even more of these things then what we can see huh? Good times i say, so does anyone have a plan to actually take them out? I am quite sure we are either going to need a fleet the size of the one used to take out the Fleets of Fate, or some sort of super weapon that can hit them all at once. Sadly my dick isn't calibrated to taking out massive amounts of E Strain ships nor do i have a few thousand heavy cruisers up my ass so I am happily open to suggestions."

directorironsbane

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:42 am

Stark raised his goblet, now on its seventh filling, and laughed a booming laugh.
"If only Evo's prick did destroy fleets of Estrain, our work would be cut out for us," FSG Stark said as he speared a piece of frosted nanye pear cake with a long fork, "But we are limited in numbers, limited in resources and limited in time. Every moment of battle we waste, every minute of time the Estrain have will increases their number of landing troops."

Stark tossed his now frosty fork across the table and into a large roast Vinvir on a large silver platter. The finely cooked alien avian was surrounded by side dishes, all of which quickly were struck by a succession of drops of frosting which wiked away from the fork as it flew from Stark's side of the room.

"A single Estrain Vessel makes it to any of the fledgling colonies at the edge of the Arc of Midas, and we will be dealing with strikes like that at every colony within jump distance of that planet. A single asteroid festering with Eggs here, or there. And soon our entire universal banquet is contamined. All economy stops, all religion stops, all we are stuck doing is cleaning up Estrain infestations. Eventually they will overcome, by sheer numbers and willingness and madness."

All of the visiting representatives erupted in cross talk, but Stark continued undeterred.

"Now we must accept certain things if we face the Estrain.
I have faced them during the Border Wars of Refuge in the Tarrisian Free State and I can tell you, the Manslayers are as dangerous a vermin as the universe has ever seen. Along with Estrain Braincrab, which can hack any vehicle they attach to, and Estrain Maulers, living anti-aircraft weaponry, they are formidable.
First we must accept they are able to survive in space, and are immune to the effects of extreme cold.
Second we must accept that they will reform from most phyiscal attempts to crush their bodies or cut them up with blades.
Third we must accept that they are invisible to just about every scanner from thermal scanners, lifeform scanners and other standard security technology. So they must have wanted us to see how many of them were coming.
Fourth we shouldn't waste time with bioweapons as they are immune to all diseases, except for Nanoplagues.
Fifth we must accept that if the Estrain board our ships they will attempt and probably succeed in hacking our vessels, so we must plan for this.

Before you think this venture doomed, we have certain things on our side.
Estrain are vulnerable to caustic acids which eats away at both their chitin and their cybernetics.
Estrain are also vulnerable against strong Electromagnetic Pulses. Especially those given off by Nuke explosions..."

"And I have a plan. But it has holes..."

Stark took off his hat in the direction of Captain Axis' Uth representative,
"Captain Axis will move into position first with his fastest nightmare flesh vessels piloted by his Sri Buringa. These will be unhackable due to their Nightmare drives.
Their pilots will lob Void bombs towards key positions in the formation of Fleet of the Great Migration. These bombs are Annihilation Leyas powered and will punch through the defensive shell, removing reality on both sides of the divide and much of the ships projecting these fields. The main targeting at this phase will also focus these weapons on the ships projecting the defensive fields."

"Then Evo's Stilettos will come into play. Each one will be dragging an Iron Republic Drop Trooper in full dirty nuke power armor. Their wide formation will prevent any one ship going up from taking any extra friendlies. They will focus on flying only, full boosters. And they will parabolically slingshot the Drop Troopers onto the Hulls of the Estrain bloom ships.
Each wing of this attack will be 10 Stilletos in a classic Stilleto Rush, and it will be 10 wings total, firing 100 nuke suited brethren into the Estrain Fleet.
The resulting nuke blasts will NOT wipe out the entire fleet and it will probably only damage the fleet. But it MAY wipe out the entire fleet's Estrain Manslayer landing troops through sheer number of EMP salvos hitting them inside their vessels. "

"And during all of this our larger vessels will be focus firing to help phase 1 and phase 2 succeed from beyond hacking range."

Stark finally fell down exhausted in his chair and downed another goblet of binber wine, ate the slice of cake in one bite, and waived a caterer down for more wine.

"Holes?" asked Stark, "And Fixes?"

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:53 am

In silent handgestures FSG Stark signalled to Captain Axis,
"Oh and Captain Axis, as you can see from my plan, nobody is boarding anyone else's ships.
Except us having a bunch of dirty, dirty brethren boarding some Estrain Vessels.
And by boarding I mean suiciding against their hulls like a bird in a windshield, if the bird was wearing a nuclear suit that explodes."

To others is probably just looks like the wierd FSG Stark had a handcramp.

Yeah you don't wanna know the handsignal for nuke suit, its that sort of conversation. clown

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 am

General Lance Freemark, 13th Armada of the Free Systems, entered the room. He was a middle-aged man with boyish looks, brown eyes and hair that matched. His hair was slicked with a part to the right side that was cut neatly and perfectly. He wore no uniform, but instead a charcoal gray trench coat, matching dress pants held up by black suspenders, and topped with a blue dress shirt. His brown workman's boots finished off his look. He bowed his head respectfully to the room and announced himself the group.

"I am General Lance Freemark of the Free Systems. We of the Free Systems have heard the call to arms and are here to answer it proudly. We will do as best we can to assist in the defense of the Universe from the impending E-Strain threat. I apologize for my delayed arrival as I see that some of the planning has already begun. How can we assist in this endeavor?"

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Left_bar_bleue125/125Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:07 am

"Support Evo's Stilleto Rush, if your fleet has the ships to do it,General Freemark" said FSG Stark, as he saluted the Free Systems General, "Funny General, I did not know there were any human generals in the free systems. I thought only the Da'uhnb out that way kept any sense of civilization. That all the Earthers had gone feral or pirate out there. But we're happy to have you at our side none the less."

Stark motioned for one of his aide's to provide the Free Systems General and all future guests transcripts of the planning so far.

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:15 am

pirat
"We are dealing with a trillion minds acting as one, thinking as one, and able to react as a trillion or more bodies," Stark added, "I know they will begin picking our plan apart after the first rush.
We need additional distractions to keep them unaware of our primary target, their boarding troops.
The ships...the ships we can cut down even in the air above a planet if its eggs and Estrain Manslayers are already dead.
But if they begin landing eggs on the planets nearby, we are losing this battle.
Suggestions?"

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  directorironsbane Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:36 am

Evo Deman cocked his head at Stark " Ah, your plan does have some merit, my fighters can do that with their drives at full, hell some might even come back after wards....might."

(turning to the Free Systems General) "Ah, General Freemark, I think I have heard your name a time or two. Nice to know that the big wigs are actually paying attention to something."

"If someone can provide me with some of them EMPs I think I can modify some of our freighters to act like long range artillery platforms. Of course their armor will still be like a freighter so it would be good if you all can keep those beasties away from us. Up in the thick of things we won't be able to do much. We can lay down a mine field if you like? We have modified some of our Colony ships to be able to do so, EMP mines would work well....provided you can provide the EMP mines that is. We have standard types but I think those won't work as well.

Also, I suppose I can help in other ways. We have rather advanced holographic projection technology at our disposal, along with advanced jamming equipment. We can make phantom fleets appear to be attacking from different angles and the E Strain shouldn't be able to tell the difference right away. Now they will figure out the ruse quickly enough but even if for a couple of seconds they are focusing their fire at something other then our ships, that might give us an edge."

directorironsbane

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:43 am

"Excellent Evo, Excellent," said Stark, wondering if they might actually pull this off, "I think I can get you the EMP mines.

General Freemark can you provide the EMP missiles?

We will need a line of EMPs Mines to prevent us from being charges by them.
But it would help us even more if, once Phase 1 is complete and Captain Axis begins his fleet's withdrawl, would you be able to move in and lay mines across the rear and flanks of the EStrain Fleet?"

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  directorironsbane Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:58 am

Evo considered for a moment. " I suppose we could, provided that someone can give us an escort, illusions can only go so far after all. I have a few more ideas but sadly they are still in development and won't be ready in time for the battle. At the moment, support is my role."

directorironsbane

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:18 am

Lance Freemark chortled at Sector General Stark's comments regarding feral humans. Especially since he felt it was very much true, just probably not in the way Stark would anticipate. Stark's comments were quickly followed by Ironsbane's representative, which also made him grin, but for different reasons. He bowed his head in acknowledgement, thanked Evo for his gracious comment. He then smiled at Stark and said, "Please give me a moment to review the transcripts."

As he looked upon the transcripts, he listened to listening closely to what was being said by Stark and Evo. Thankfully, he was a fast reader... and he saw more holes in the plan than he had solutions, but one thing at a time.

"Sector General Stark, I have two questions before I start adding ideas. 1) How many Bretheren Pilots do you have at your disposal, even if they don't have ships to pilot? 2) Who else is said they'd be at this table and aren't here yet?"
[left]

Last edited by MaehlHoldings on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i forgot my own character's name!)

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Left_bar_bleue125/125Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 am

As if on cue, Stockholder Su Maehl walked into the room. He wore a clean black suit, in the Iron Republic style, freshly polished shoes, perfect coif, and looked completely unfazed by the severity of the moment. "Greetings everyone, I am Stockholder Su Maehl of the Iron Republic. I apologize for my delay but I was in the process of delivering what I hope would be a moving speech about the need for immediate full Iron Republic action to the Board of Directors that I am sure fell on deaf ears." He looked at Stark, the former Fleetmaster, hoping he would understand the sentiment. "Sector General, reinforcements to your fleet will be minimal. I've been able to procure some additional ships for your cause, but it will not be what either of us would hope for."

He then proceeded to greet each of the current members around the table, stopping for a moment at General Lance Freemark. "General Freemark, I'm happy the Free Systems have sent one of their best." He smiled broadly at the General, having mentored him years ago when he was still a pirate, and then promoting him when creating the Free Systems Defense Fleet. A fact, of course, that would be missed by everyone around the table.

Once the greetings were done, he began to review the transcripts. He grimaced when he read Prime's comments. He was concerned for the safety of his old friend. He consciously made a mental note that he would have to reach out to Prime when this was all over.

"I'm afraid, Sector General, that I interrupted a question being asked of you. I think General Freeman was asking if you had access to Bretheren Pilots and how many people should be here that aren't. I can provide at least two names to the table. Me and Leftenant Ryuk of the Kasanthian Federation. Sector General, do you have anyone else?"

Last edited by MaehlHoldings on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i forgot my own characters' name.)

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 pm

"Stockholder welcome to our little meeting. I'm not surprised the Board of Directors ignored our plight. I suffered through a similar response when the penal colony rebelled starting this whole mess," FSG Stark said, " General Freemark you wanted more information I believe?"

"Veteran Pilots I cannot spare as they are already assigned to my small personal fleet," he said slowly "however I have developed rapid grow clones, Brethren who are pumped out quickly but die within two days of birth. They are also less elite than an average Beta, but we could deploy 1,000 if needed."

" I have no ships for them though..."

"We are awaiting the arrival of the Fort Lendill representative and the one from the EEF," said Stark, " Why would we need Lt. Ryuk if we have the first knight of Kasanth Captain Axis here?"

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  PresidentRagman Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:04 pm

In walked a tall cloaked being, followed by a brethren in EEF armor. As she approached the banquet table, She lowered her hood. Standing in front of the assemblege was a tall earther with seven silver horns. "Greetings from my father, President Ragman of the UFC. He regrets tha he is unable to make this meetings and has sent me in his place. My name is Lady Ja'celyn, Frist daughter of Uloh. HE has offered to send aid. He will be attempting to come to our station, Seraph One. I hope to have some good news to give him on his arrival."

Turning to Sector General Stark, Ja'celyn bowed. "Sir, my father sends his greetings. It is amazing to see how fast you have learned to communicate with the Stars. We recently suffered a viral attack on our communication system on Devil's Elation. As we did not want to possible infect the Stars, we have been unable to respond to their hails for some time. We would appricate it if you could be so kind as to pass along our applogies to them."

Looking over at Captain Axis, she states "My father also had a message for you. He told me to let you know that if you so decide, he will Consider unleashing Fate One from hell. He does not trust himself to make such a decision on his own due to its inpact on the universe."

Sitting down at the far end of the table, she proceeds to slice herself some of the roast Vinvir. Chewing delicately, she remarks "exquist taste"

Last edited by PresidentRagman on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong station nane given. was name of special uloh ship.)
PresidentRagman
PresidentRagman

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Left_bar_bleue150/150Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Su Maehl was taken aback by the Uloh's words: Release Fate from Hell?!?!

"Welcome to our meeting, Ja'celyn. We have not met. I am Stockholder Su Maehl, of the Iron Republic. I wish we had time for more pleasantries, but I dare say that releasing demons will not solve the problem! It's like killing the body to get rid of the disease." Su paused. "Why don't you take a moment to review our transcripts to see where we are in the defense planning process, see if we can't get a good measure of our tactics. When all is said and done, Captain Axis can review our plans and then we'll decide if our circumstances are so dire that it warrants .... such action."

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshallStrykker Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Three men entered the room. Jeremiah Strykker led the small group consisting of himself Michael Jeffers and General Gifford.
"My apologies,there was a line to dock." Jeremiah said as Jeffers hurried to collect a transcrirpt and get the EEF representatives up to speed after which The Field Marshall addressed the meeting again.
"The EEF can provide some fighters as well as long range fire support. We don't have many mines to spare but we have plenty of EMP warheads. Lastly we may be able to do something to reduce the number of E-strain eggs. As I'd imagine most of you know we've developed grenades that sterilize them. We can easily adapt them to larger warheads and hopefully nuetralize the eggs before they land. Or perhaps we can deploy some ground troops to the most at risk planets? They might be able to cut off any landings before they get a real foothold.

FieldMarshallStrykker
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Left_bar_bleue120/120Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:50 pm

General Lance Freemark sighed as his old boss, Su, shot down the crazy talk about releasing demons. The Da'humnb Queen would have his head on a platter if we here to allow that to happen, no matter how dire the circumstances.

"Welcome, Emissary of Uloh. We are happy to have you aboard. As you came in we were going over our basic plan. I won't rehash the details because it's all there in front of you." Freemark turned his attention back to Stark, "1,000....that's not what I was hoping for. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there." Lance sighed briefly before continuing, just enough to allow Field Marshall Strykker to enter the room. After bowing respectfully, he grinned at the news about weapons to destabalize the E-Strain.

"Welcome, Field Marshall Strykker. Please take some time to review our transcripts and get up to speed. As you review the transcripts, I'll describe the six glaring holes in this plan that I see. 1) While 100 Stillettos can be a fearsome force," he chuckled in spite of himself, "sadly this threat is too great for only 100. Let's up that number by however many the nukes the sum of you can deploy. If you give me the nukes, I'll give you the stillettos to deploy them 2) They'll need cover fire, both before and after. Decoys. I was hoping you'd be able to give me thousands upon thousands of clones, Sector General. I was hoping we could use Hornets, with self destruct bombs on each pilot. They'd attract most of the attention due to their numbers, and it'll allow the stiletto rush to get through relatively unharmed. However, if that won't work, we have to think of another way to draw their attention. Once the rush is on, I was thinking that if Captain Axis could procure a few Chrysalis Stations we could use those to bombard the remaining ships and give the manslayers something to be distracted on other than our ships. At which point, we can expect whatever counter-attack they had in mind, for which we'll need number 3) Firing line: How many are enough to hold the line? 4) When the counter attack comes, what do we have to go toe to toe with their fleet?. I am unfamiliar with this part of the galaxy, but we'll have to have something in line in case phases 1 and 2 don't disable their troops and they can launch a counter attack. Which also brings me to number 5) Defensive grid, we don't have one, either on the planets or on our space stations. The EEF brings us some ideas on how to neutralize em if they get too close, but we'll need something more comprehensive. And finally, and most importantly, 6) What if this is only a distraction for something greater?"

Lance took a drink of water, and sat down while the group thought about his questions, for which he knew there were no easy answers.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainAxis Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:56 am

Captain Axis smiled, looking back first to Stark, then to Lady Ja'celyn. “Are they really recommending these thing’s for me”, he thought. The part of “unleashing” Fate One brought back memories of his youth and a similar situation.

He broke out into laughter but was able to fight the curse. “The void bombs shouldn’t be a problem. I can arm them to Nodochi and kamikazes. Both I can equip with blitz drives and fasten additional void to help disrupt any leyas detection they may have. Carpet bombing them with Annialation is something I am far from opposed to. The Kamikaze’s can be used to live up their name. I have no problem using them on suicide runs, ramming into larger craft and destroying them from within. The Kamikaze’s I can also man with some SB’s or even Annialators with EMP shields, as they can be used to take ships and turn them on their own.”

“As far as unleashing the other “fate”, as tempting as that is, I feel this party only needs one right now. So, let hold off on talks of bringing that into these shenanigans for now shall we. We can cross this bridge later”.

“If I may recommend, as these things are hurt by acid, what honestly isn’t, that whoever can spare leyas users proficient in Earth Leyas that we use them to drown them in the stuff. I’m sure the EEF have some people capable of such things.”

CaptainAxis
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  directorironsbane Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:15 am

Evo glanced over at General Freemark with an incredulous look upon his face

"Hold the line? Against that? I suppose if you are planning on sending a few thousand medium and heavy cruisers with several hundred light cruisers as skirmishers you MIGHT be able to hold them back for a while. The bigger the force you send against them using a Hold The Line mentality you are just condemning more people to their deaths. Now I know that lives don't mean as much to the IR people here like Stark and Maehl since they can always clone more but to you and me General, lives matter.

Look conventional tactics won't work against a force this size, you blast away chunks of it then the rest will just refill the gaps. You need to muck up their communications and organization. If you can disrupt their communication and then cause a lot of chaos then the fleet will tear itself apart. With so many ships firing at fast moving small vessels attacking them such as fighters friendly fire is a given. Also if we damage engines as well they will start drifting into each other as well.

The key is stopping them from talking to each other, if we can break up the organization then their numbers will be more of a curse then a blessing. Also if you can jam their sensors so they cannot tell what is friend or foe then again friendly fire will cause far more damage then all of our fleets combined."

directorironsbane

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  PresidentRagman Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Lady Ja'celyn glanced up from reading over the transcript in her hand. " why don't you just fire a batch of brain bombs at them? that should muck up thier communications." Getting an odd look on her face , " Father says that we have several thousand sitting in a storeroom on Angel's Descent."
PresidentRagman
PresidentRagman

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Left_bar_bleue150/150Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshallStrykker Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Jeremiah nodded.
"I have to agree that the idea of forming a line of battle a getting into a slugging match is not what we need. If it comes to that we've lost already. Even against the forces we can see. And, I if Prime is right and he probably is I'm sure, " he gave a small nod to the projected image Prime. "There are even more ships inside the defensive shell. So even if we hold them for a time it's very likely they would just deploy more ships then it's down to simple math and we it seems likely we'd be on the short end of that equation. I agree that we need to do everything we can to break thier cohesion and disrupt thier commutation. The brainbombs should be a good start to that along with the EMP strikes. Oh and in answer to your question Captain Axis. Yes, the EEF can call upon a number of powerful terramancers we can also provide leyas worked acid weapons. Though we don't have enough leyas generators to go around to all of your forces.

FieldMarshallStrykker
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next