Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain

+3
UnityPrime
Palomedes
Ar'yayhivequeen
7 posters

Go down

Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:29 am

(this thread is for IR players to discuss this battle)

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty Re: Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain

Post  Palomedes Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Honored allies and all who attend this holographic meeting,

In front of each of you is a holographic display of the Arc of Midas, a gold rich asteroid belt which has been changed by the Estrain and their galaxy drive into a choke point for shadow jumping ships.

I have comitted 8 Frigates to this battle but if they charge in they will be destroyed by the Revelation Nanoplague that surely defends nearby stars. My scientists have reported to me that the stars are creating a gravity well preventing crossdimensional FTL travel past that point. They also posit other gravity wells set up as speed bumps on other approaches.

We must find a way to eliminate this threat if we plan on safely attacking the Estrain Core worlds.

Le-a HiveQueen and Aryay HiveQueen we would be honored to have your superior Quall Warriors aiding us.

Sector General Deer technically this attack takes place in your sector, the Polar Expanse, so I will give you final say on our attack plan.

Stockholder Kal Marx I suspect you have some serious axes to grind with the Estrain so I hope you will commit some of your personal fleet as well.

Sector General Palomedes

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Left_bar_bleue150/150Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty Re: Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain

Post  UnityPrime Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:39 pm

There is the sound of a soft chime, followed by a brief message in text form to those holding the meeting.

"I, as an ally for the purposes of this venture, would like to join in the tactical discussions for this operational theater. Am I welcome?"
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSectorGeneralDeer Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Deer grumbles but then says, "Ok I know Palomedes will want to hear your suggestions. I'll allow it.
All others make sure to add encryption if you need questions answered that are beyond Prime of Unity's clearance to know. Prime I'm gonna ask you to respect our security protocols and not hack or evesdrop on any part of this conversation that is above your clearance."

(Encryption to Palomedes only)- "Palomedes I don't trust the Unity freaks. But you want them here so...no talking about T.R.U.T.H."

TheSectorGeneralDeer

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  blackheartsecurity Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 am

(OoC: This is a private message to the sector generals sent via normal channels, I just didn't want to clog the forum with duplicate threads talking about the same thing, if i am not invited for this party then just let my character know)

**HEM**
Fleet Master and Sector General,
Unless my analysts are mistaken the Arc of Midas is the next stop on the juggernaut of doom that is going to tear apart E-strain space. While I know my capabilities are nothing compared to yours I was wondering what your plans were for the dirty dirty "L" word of military operations.

I propose for the cost of [my mission reward] that after the clearing operations begin I will set up a moon base LSA Midas that will act as the logistical hub for your operations into that dark dark area of space.

If this acceptable, let me know how I can help.

V/R,
Childeen Blackheart

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:00 pm

An holographic image of Prime appeared in the meeting...it flickered for a momments, then stabilized.

"General Deer. I have no desire to break into your encrypted channels. It would be disrespectful and a distraction from my research. My multitasking come at a price.

I have good news, though. Regarding the revelation nanoplauge, I have a nasty sprite that I have been saving. Zero metal, a sentient material which converts weaponry tech. A fine dusting of this material on those suns should neutralize their threat, and even provide the Unity some excellent new dyson class reactors.

This will not, of course, be the only threat. Prodigious use of scouting, a few heartache of the forgotten, and setting up some forward bases should do the trick.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Perhaps we could deploy Red Star Satellites here at the mid point. I think a red star would allow us to move these speed bumps out of the way.

I will prepare a secondary site where the Arc of Midas can be quarantined and cleaned out asteroid to asteroid. That will hopefully leave only the infested Stars for Prime to experiment on.

I think Angel D is expecting a Fleet action. Therefore old chaps we must do the opposite. Small fast ships and Guerilla style deployment.

Sector General Palomedes

Encrypted to Blackheart only- Mr. Blackheart, you can join the attack but must sign a nondisclosure agreement to never speak in public about what technology you witness in use.

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Left_bar_bleue150/150Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Le-aHiveQueen Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:06 pm

I could send in my Quall to melt the gold on the asteroid belts once Unity fixes the nano plauge issue

Le-aHiveQueen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Left_bar_bleue85/100Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)
Current Research:

https://facebook.com/rachel.a.gianfortune

Back to top Go down

Post  blackheartsecurity Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Palomedes wrote:Perhaps we could deploy Red Star Satellites here at the mid point. I think a red star would allow us to move these speed bumps out of the way.

I will prepare a secondary site where the Arc of Midas can be quarantined and cleaned out asteroid to asteroid. That will hopefully leave only the infested Stars for Prime to experiment on.

I think Angel D is expecting a Fleet action. Therefore old chaps we must do the opposite. Small fast ships and Guerilla style deployment.

Sector General Palomedes

Encrypted to Blackheart only- Mr. Blackheart, you can join the attack but must sign a nondisclosure agreement to never speak in public about what technology you witness in use.

HEM To palomedes,
What do you need me to do? I can provide small recon teams to identify strong holds and relative E-strain strength, I personally would like to back them up with some close air support, but if you intend to clear the asteroid belt it could save you some trouble and money. As for the NDA, I have signed numerous of those on numerous occasions, as have all of my employees. I also keep a few charasmatic "subject matter experts" on retainer to disprove anything that could come out from poor OPSEC.

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:48 am

[Encrypted One-Way Message to the Iron Republic Forces]

Dear members of the allied forces against the E-Strain threat. I have authorized the use of Hearts of the Forgotten upon the asteroid belt known as the Arc of Midas. Be sure no Planar Knights find their way inside the field before the appointed time. It would hinder our efforts greatly to do so. Non-Planar Knights can engage but it would not be advised. If you must though, we will transmit to you the proper rendezvous point for your protection.

I have no idea what your plans may be, I unfortunately think I may not care. Still, it would be best for you to take this advisory into consideration as part of your planning process. Good day.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:24 am

The holographic image of Prime seemed strange. It flickered, and then solidified.

"It seems then, my assembled allies, that we have a plan. Garmin Fe is providing scouting, and some initial anti-infantry weapons. I will attempt to neutralize the Revelation Nanoplauge. It would be best if you bombarded them with EMP missles concurrently with my attack, such that my devices can make it to their targets.

From there, you will use a Red Star to clear a way, and isolate the ambushing force in an ambush of your own. The Quall and an assembled fleet make short work of whatever was attempting to hide. Blackheart will set up a forward base at the ambush point.

This should be sufficient, have we left anything out?"
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:28 am

Sector General Palomedes, now normally I would love to move against Angel D's demonic E Strain but I seem to be running low on children. The recent Trilat incursion has cost me a billion of my people. I am not quite sure if I am in a very cooperative mood at the moment.

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Le-aHiveQueen Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:25 pm

GeneralGarminFe wrote:[Encrypted One-Way Message to the Iron Republic Forces]

Dear members of the allied forces against the E-Strain threat. I have authorized the use of Hearts of the Forgotten upon the asteroid belt known as the Arc of Midas. Be sure no Planar Knights find their way inside the field before the appointed time. It would hinder our efforts greatly to do so. Non-Planar Knights can engage but it would not be advised. If you must though, we will transmit to you the proper rendezvous point for your protection.

I have no idea what your plans may be, I unfortunately think I may not care. Still, it would be best for you to take this advisory into consideration as part of your planning process. Good day.

Is it possible to wait till after I melt the metals inside the asteroid belt before you send in your attack with the hearts of the forgotten after I attack i will open up and energy bridge and get out of dodge that is the correct phrase get out of dodge right? I hate it when i get phrases wrong.

Le-aHiveQueen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Left_bar_bleue85/100Week 7 Space Battle- The Arc of Midas and the Estrain Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)
Current Research:

https://facebook.com/rachel.a.gianfortune

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Respectfully Aryay,
They are your troops, so you will command them as you desire.

HiveQueen Le-a,

I will deploy my Red Star satellite after the Hearts of the Forgotten strike. That way we will move the arc of asteroids to a defendable safe location. Then we will be sending in Blackheart for recon. Then you can melt to your hearts content. I don't want a repeat of Warmongers forgotten so no Hivemind soldiers in the blast of the Hearts.

Blackheart,
You will be coordinating with Deer but we would like to bring you onboard to recon the belt. Here are coordinates for the new transport site.

Deer,
As you are in a beligerant mood I will ask you to approve this mission by not replying. If you have any problems with how we are deploying our allies speak now or I will assume you agree with us.

Encrypted message to all but Deer - don't every try and get a approval by lack of reply from the Sector General. I'm doing it in this instance only because of time contraints. At least he won't clean bomb me but the rest, well Deer would probably be not too happy.

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  blackheartsecurity Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:04 pm

HEM to Palomedes and Deers,
Whats going to be left of this asteroid belt by the end of this battle if all goes to plan? I would like to set up a moon base and extract what I can from it. Also I would like to set up a Model T station to act as a gateway into E-strain space. I can refuel, repair, and rearm any standard starships. It will also be a good listening post to let us know if the Estrain intends to storm IR space again.

If this proposition is unfavorable please let me know

Message to all parties included in talks
I propose having my forces link up with both Garmin Fe's troops who will be recon'ing the belt as well as Palomedes troops. Also I have gotten word that the EEF will be using its tactic of infiltration again, I will have an element with them to provide direct communications.

I will also have a small contingent (20 Aegis fighters) who will be pulling a deep screen to make sure no one sneaks up and hits you in the pooper.

If any one has problems with this please let me know, as time is of the essence.

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Since I am not officially part of the IR forces indeed I shall. However I do not abandon my allies even when they are in bed with my enemies. I shall send in 60 Neo Flayer Star fighters and 2 Light Frigates to work as a rear guard to the Allied Fleet. They shall be ordered to protect the IR forces.

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSectorGeneralDeer Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Palomedes
I approve this plan.
As if you had to worry I wouldn't approve such a well thought out plan.
I also agree Le-a you would get more gold if you did your smelting after we jack the asteroid belt.
Once we jack the belt, I will set up a perimeter of Starfighters armed with plasma missiles and plasma bombs. They will destroy anything that threatens them.

I want that asteroid belt pulled apart one rock at a time using tractor beams. When the Manslayers come out like bugs on the dirt side of a rock, waste them in a hose of superheated plasma.

We got to win this one, and we are gonna fight it on our battlefield not theirs.

Sector General Deer

To Blackheart only: Just don't bring that pirate scum down on our fleet. I have enough threats to deal with, without your baggage weighing us down.

TheSectorGeneralDeer

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down