Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension

4 posters

Go down

Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Empty Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension

Post  Admin Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:26 am

Abel Dragonsbane smashed his way through the Son of Morgoth’s defenses. Smashing Marcus Dannor up into the air with a haymaker, Abel shape shifted his muscles to their maximum strength. The Leyas coursed through him, and he cried as for the thousandth time he hurled the broken half of the spear of Salome upward driving it through his enemy’s giant eye and the helm behind it and head of the twisted boy knight who wore it.
Abel fell to his knees then began to weep for the dead spreading out around him.

They went on as far as the eye could see. Ascended Beings and the Fiends of the Ancient Evils, still locked in combat despite their true death. The toll had been horrific, and Abel pushed himself to his feet and stumbled away from the dead Son of Morgoth.
Was this a fate he would have to commit on his own son he wondered for the thousandth time, as he stumbled away, running and finally flying into the sky.

Kincaid flew up next to him, “The Forgotten is destroyed and the Avatar of Warmonger is dead, why are we still here?”

The Olgog’s armor was pitted and scarred. And Abel noticed though he flied, Kincaid’s side was bleeding a trail behind them.

“How are you doing?” asked Abel.

“I’ve been better,” said Kincaid, “Got a tooth from the Maw of the Deep broken off in the wound.”

They saw a golden glowing monk floating above the ground, with seven fiendish swords piercing him from all sides.

They flew down next to Sira the monk, in awe of his restraint.

“You know I am dying,” said Sira calmly, “I will join the great wheel.”

Abel went to draw out the weapons in hopes of healing the monk. As he approached, Sira simply raised his hand and both Kincaid and Abel stopped.

“This all feels like I it has happened before?” asked Sira, “Is this some divine truth?”

“This is the last time,” said Abel without emotion.

Kincaid was about to reply when there was a flash of blue light.

The field of battle was now full. The Greatest of the Ascended and the Descended were here, and a battle royal was about to begin. The only beings missing were Azrael the fallen Falosini and Angel D, Avatar of the Creeping Darkness. Apparently each team got to leave one person on the bench.

A short time later Jeremiah stepped out of the bulk shuttle wearing his power armor, Peace. He was followed by two Havoc and two Bulldog striders. His head still tingled from the memory scan. Hopefully he wouldn't need it but it never hurt to be safe. He tilted his chin and keyed the command band of his radio. "How are the remote units working?" A moment latter he was answered by a wavering voice that sounded vaguely like Jeffers. "Fine Sir all four relays are green. Also Sir, the Captain tells me we're in geo-synch above you so if you need fire support we can provide it."
"Good," Jeremiah answered as he checked his ammo and power feeds for the tenth time. "Every little bit helps." He started off toward the gathering as the shuttle lifted behind him.

As Jeremiah got closer his armor’s enhanced sonic receptors could hear Kincaid whisper.

"Sira, get the Forgotten, If this goes down now it will tear reality a sunder." Kincaid whispered to the monk.

The Warmonger’s Forgotten roared, “It is time for the accounting of the crimes of both sides. Good and Evil, both have used mortals as pawns. Now they may get their vengeance on all of you. Begin”

As Kincaid watched everyone gearing up for the battle royale he said, "I will cover you, just get to the Forgotten and take him down. If he can hold you off or gets the upper hand I have an ace up my sleeve." The Valkyrie captain noted motioning to the bag on his back. "I will buy you the time you need and make sure you can fight the Forgotten unaccosted."

Sira cocked his head to one side and considered Kincaid's plan. How does one attack an ascended being who could control gravity itself? Doing so would definitely waste his chance to attack and banish several fiends. But then again, wasn't Warmongers Forgotten an ascended fiend? Could fiends ascend? What if by virtue of being ascended Warmongers Forgotten was no longer a fiend and was actually doing the Universe's bidding?

At that moment of hesitation Sira heard a voice behind him say, "No this is wrong. Let us not feed the Warmonger with war with battle, with rage and with blood and with death."

"What you want us to stand here and die?" asked Jeremiah.

"No, we must simply defend ourselves," said Abel, "Listen to the song of the Liberation Choir. We must all become one and in that one we must focus on protection not violence."

The Ascended Beings and Ancient Evils both looked at him like he was crazy.
Abel Dragonsbane strode to the front of the battlefield and sat down. He began to quietly ohm, deeply meditating.
Sira the Monk was next and sat down next to him and began to meditate.
Kincaid shrugged and joined them, and moments later the rest of the ascended beings were all sitting and meditating.
The Ancient Evils still stood and the Accuser was the first to say what they were all thinking, "We make big ole targets standing here. Perhaps we will give them the benefit of the doubt."
And soon the Ancient Evils were sitting as well.

The chanting, Ohming, mantras of the different men and women and their minds joined as one.
The flowing song of the Liberation Choir gave them a melody that their chanting began to harmonize with.

On the Moon of Rynn Lac and on Draco Epsilon 7 there was suddenly a colocalized point.
A valley appeared that was different from the nearby terrain. It was like a bubble on its inside was a view into Warmonger's Engine dimension.
Beams of Energy lanced from the Eye of Morgoth but they were absorbed by the shield surrounding the meditating beings. The Warmonger's Forgotten hurled gravitic pulses that were also absorbed by the shields. Beyond them the Hive King stood roaring his displeasure protected by his own shield, with a sword impaled through his head but still aware.

--

This mission is open to General Garmin Fe, Admiral Layne Yr, and Zaodonai Celyse, and anyone they invite. (others can't pass through the barrier, it requires having a shard of the crown of the Forgotten.

Post your plan to this mission on either the defenders or attacker's side here on this thread only. First person to post gets a single extra repost later to launch secret attacks, ambushes etc. All other players get one post only. This thread will be locked at 11 pm E.S.T. on Friday August 12th.

Be very specific about troop numbers, and what you intend to accomplish.
This mission is a suicide mission and most characters who enter the Engine Dimension will die.

Only actions listed on this mission thread will count as locked in for player actions.

Admin
Admin

https://darkrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Empty Re: Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Garmin Fe steps up to the anomaly on Draco Epsilon 7. Looking back on the heroic figures assembled he takes into his hand the available shard fragments of the Forgotten's Crown. Using his knowledge of Earth layas he fuses them together and holds the newly formed shard before him. The distorted patterns of the anomaly begin to take a firmer shape and the portal to that reality is opened.

Later on...

With his armor broken and tattered the General's footing is still unyielding. Garmin has drawn a line and he dare not let Marcus Dannor, Son of Morgoth pass. Taking the brunt of the blows upon his augmented arm, the pieces of the finely tuned construct chips and shatters in large crystalline chunks. His broken prosthetic arm now the only defense he has against this foe.

"I will not fight you, but I will not yield to you either. Though I may not strike a blow against you, you shall be defeated Son of Morgoth."

Again, another flurry of blows and with each strike the general parries, with the final parry he launches forward with his might, augmented by leyas and technology, to garner a reprieve from the assaults. Stripping off the last bits of his armor the general reveals his augmented heart. Reaching in with his better hand he tears it from his own chest. The cold blue shard heart shedding mist from within his palm.

How one could survive and still stand is beyond the comprehension of the enemy. In his own hand, Garmin Fe appears to hold not only the technology that keeps him alive, but is also possessed of his consciousness. Is this the power of self-sacrifice? Is this what the will of a martyr can do for the sake of a greater cause? If that is what this is, then the Warmonger fears not, for he has defeated such wills before, and this will prove no different.

[The general has entered the dimension with two apprentices at his side and a large cloth covered object carried upon the back of a Golden Nephilim.]

[Expending Reward: Stared into the Abyss, +5 bonus versus demons]
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Empty Re: Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension

Post  ZaodonaiCelyse Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm

While Celyse awaited the arrival of her allies, she looked over the small squad of volunteers she’d brought from the plane of awareness. Six brave uthvelor soldiers and two pelebor stood before her. Four of the uth were accomplished terramancers, including her loyal lieutenant Rilath, while the other two were trained blood dancers. Both of the pelebor boasted of troubadour abilities. In addition to their usual arsenal of weapons, all of them wore lever action spring shots over their belts.

“There is a chance we may never return,” Celyse announced to her men days earlier. “I will not order any of you to accompany me, instead I will call for volunteers.”

Many had volunteered, Celyse recalled, far more than she dared take along. There was much uncertainty involved in this mission and bringing too many of her people might ultimately prove burdensome when it came time to escape.

They left fingers back home, as was customary before leaving for war, but Celyse wondered if any would actually be resurrect-able should they fail. She glanced down at the crystal shard and twirled it between her fingers idly as she continued to wait.

When General Garmin Fey and Grand Admiral Layne Yr arrive, Celyse bowed politely and greeted them as respected allies.

Soon after, a red bearded k’iou and a dark haired bastard with a cockeyed grin on his face show themselves.

“You are late, Forge.” Celyse commented.

“Is that how you greet someone whose come from afar to give his life beside you in battle?” Forge responded in admonishment. “And besides, it’s Scout’s fault we’re late. I hope you don’t mind I brought him along.”

“Hello again!” Scout waved. “You didn’t really think I’d let him come without me, did you?”

Celyse cracked a slight smile. “The both of you are a welcome sight. Thank you for coming.”

Forge snorted. “You had me at Warmonger.”

“Will there be looting?” Scout inquired with an innocent expression. “Because I was hoping there’d be some looting.”

“I told you there’d be no looting!” Forge snapped. “Stop wastin' everyone’s time with stupid questions!”

“I doubt there will be an opportunity,” Celyse answered. “However if you require payment I am sure we can come up with something once the battle is done.”

“Nah, I think pissing off Warmonger again will be payment enough.” The bastard said.

“Now you’re stealing my lines,” Forge grumbled.

After they finished their introductions, the uthvelor terramancers prepared the crystal shards and activated the portal. When ready, the small army of anxious heroes descended warily into an unknown hell.

Upon their entry, Celyse lead her people towards the group of meditating prisoners. The pelebor immediately took to flight and began singing their songs of protections in booming baritones over their allies. Stone walls and scores of withering vines materialized at the commands of the terramancers, separating the prisoners from those that would do them harm.

Celyse nearly stumbled as she noticed a separate attack being led by a very familiar figure.

“Arania!”

The k’iorn woman was busy striking through enemies with a blade that flickered with violet radiance. Her body twisted and changed as she fought but Celyse recognized the woman instantly. She could feel it.

“Mother!” Arania responded as she continued to hold her own. “An unexpected pleasure!”

Celyse could not help but puff her chest out in pride as she admired her child’s bravery and skill, but there was no time for such things. They would have a proper conversation when this was over.

Forge was already in the heart of battle, swinging his two axes around like a k’iou scorned. Scout was beside him in drawing a sword that’s golden hue caused some nearby to hiss. The two of them shouted angrily in the direction of Warmonger’s avatar.

(At some point during the battle Armenius and Garmin Fe do their thing, then another man appears to enter the fray)

A k’iorn man leapt valiantly into the fray beside Forge and Scout with a crystalline sword gripped in his hands. “I hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long!”

“Eh, ranger?! Where the hell have you been!” Forge shouted as he sliced the creature before him in two.

“I have been away on some important business,” he responded, his blade already coated with ichor and gore.

“You didn’t call, you didn’t write…” Scout scolded.

“But I always come back.” The ranger announced, his gaze shifting to Arania. Their eyes met briefly, both of them blushing slightly despite themselves and the current situation.

This exchange did not go unnoticed by Celyse.

“Your aid is greatly appreciated,” the uth warchief called out.

“I will assist how ever I can, good Zaodonai,” he responded. “I would never turn my back on a just cause!”

“I do not believe I received your name last we met.”

“Now is hardly the best of times for introductions, but I will concede with your request Zaodonai. My name is…”

An explosion of fire knocked them off their feet and sent them sprawling in different directions. Celyse landed with a pained grunt, but managed to pull herself back up quickly. Her eyes darted around, checking on the conditions of her companions. Forge was shaking his head and drawing a large hammer from his back. Scout snarled savagely as his fingers began to grow into dagger-like claws. The ranger stood over Arania, defending her from attack while their enemies drew closer.

None of them appeared to be dead.

Yet.

The uth terromancers would continue casting walls of stone and grabbing vines in efforts to slow down the enemy while the palebor troubadours are singing protective songs overhead any fleeing ally. The two blood dancers would flank escapees, protecting them from attack. When at a distance and free to do so, any of the soldiers would utilize their lever action spring shots.

Celyse would continue on the defensive, trying to assist in buying as much time as possible and only fleeing to Draco Epsilon 7 when all of her people have had the opportunity to do so.

ZaodonaiCelyse
ZaodonaiCelyse

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:21 am

The shadow Satellite released her in space over Ryn Lac. The Nightmare Lord symbiote altered around her into a Black Spacesuit and they fell together towards the planet below. Layne could feel the heat through her symbiote and she passed into the atmosphere and landed creating a crater on the Unity Extension below. Layne used a pair of shadows to get even closer to her target, the bubble in reality. She leapt and held up the crystal shard of the crown of the forgotten. It glowed and she passed into the Engine Dimension.
She was only half Layne Yr now, and she was half Nightmare Lord. And both halves had a score to settle with Warmonger.

a little time later

Layne Yr could see that Scout of the Tsogari was here, and that Forge Havokhammer had shown up just as her mentor, Lurlock foretold.
Now she opened the front of her spacesuit which spread into a wide cone which cast a wide shadow, and from it flew her menter, the Necromancer Lurlock on the back of his Doomwyrm, Blinky. They circled aboved them and then charged down towards the forgotten. The Doomwyrm's annihilation breath would now be faced with its toughest target.
Layne couldn't wait to see who would win.
Her outfit moved now into a tight set of combat armor, and a black riot shield attached to her arm. The living symbiotic outfit stylishly hugged her hips without giving her any muffin top. It had boning, made of course nightmare lord bone.

sometime after that (hopefully the ranger showed up)

Layne Yr had gotten a nearly prophetic moment accomplished and leapt onto the battlefield finally revealing herself. From a shadow cocoon she pulled her cursed Khaz'gha wood spear and charged the side of Warmonger's Avatar. But it was not to wound him. It was so Layne Yr could attempt a disarm and failing that open him up to Garmin Fe's attack with the Tartarus Cannon. If she could be a part of the imprisonment of Warmonger, her legend would be cemented forever.

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:07 am

The unrelenting attacks had forced Garmin's augmented arm into nothing more then a splintered nub of crystal. The cloth around the Tarturus Beam had been unveiled when the Golden Nephilim who warded it fell. The eyes of his enemy questioned his ability stand. Knowing full well his will could not hold out forever.

Finally, the heroic move on the part of the admiral had left an opening. Taking the melded pieces of the crown and jamming it into missing section of the Tarturus Beam caused a chain reaction within the device.

Garmin was weaker now, near to death. He felt his strength fading. With his remaining strength he grasped his shard heart from the ground and placed it within a receptacle attached to the nose of the cannon. With the help of his allies they hoisted the cannon, and Garmin aimed high.

What Marcus Dennor didn't know was that Garmin had not attached his own consciousness to the stone. There, at the nose of the beam was the original sample, the original crystal technology that all of Garmin's work was based off of. He was never allowed to join with it in mind, only in life. For what nobody had known aside from Garmin himself, was that the stone was already occupied, and its host allowed room for only one more. A consciousness that had waited eons for this moment. Guiding each step till this moment in time had been reached.

The beam fired and Garmin's grip on the cannon faded. His eyes closed and... albino

[Expending Reward: Bunny for Garmin Fe]
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 10 Finale Recovery Mission- The Heroes of the Engine Dimension Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down