Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl

2 posters

Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl

Post  UnityPrime Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:53 am

*Encrypted message to Su Maehl*

Su Maehl,

It is my distinct pleasure to note that you have rendered to my shadow accounts payment for the Builder uplifting materials. Further, it has come to my attention that my other delivery made it in one piece. Thank you for that, and I apologize for the previous communication sent to you in haste. Time was short, as I needed to lead a sortie to bring one of my newer creations back into mission appropriate control settings through neural network matrix reallocations.

I will begin preparing the next shipment of goods. Can you move 20 million ghaz of Builder uplifting materials? As I believe in volume discounts, this is 15% of the estimated market value for these goods, allowing you more profit, or lowered prices.

Further, we would ask if you need assistance in the moving of goods. The Unity is exemplary in the creation of vessels of all types through matter weaving production techniques. As you may need additional freighters to handle the incredible volume of high quality goods, we would be able to assist you in their immaculate construction.

Lastly, the Unity was wondering if we could lend our extensive expertise in the crafting of marketing messages for the goods to be moved. Unity coders and natural philosophers would be happy to get such a practical opportunity to practice their trades. Thank you for your continued support of our mission to drown traditional IR business practices under the morass of their own inadequacy.

Prime
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Left_bar_bleue120/120Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty Conclusion of Security Contracting

Post  UnityPrime Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:14 am

Su Maehl,

First of all, thank you for the opportunity to work with such primitive data storage systems. My brothers and I have spent some time studying old code, and never thought we'd get the chance to actually USE it. Its really just extraordinary!

Anyway, we've put together a final report for you. It looks like there is a 97% chance that your peers, TerraNova industries, hacked your system. We've included a suite of evidence to back up this claim, all standard protocol. I have to admit, using your system to collect all of the evidence we needed took a long time, as we were given orders to not alter your system to accept neural uplinks. Because of this we have only collected 231 pieces of evidence. I'm sorry, and I hope this is enough to make a convincing case.

We've attached the changes they made to your system, and our repairs, in our final report. It seems that, amongst other things, they made you a girl in the IR system.

The final report includes a line by line listing of our diagnostic protocol, MUCH of which we had to jerry-rig to indirectly interface with your system by the way. This includes charming time stamped video footage to make up for the lack of uplink record data. You will see me banging my head on the wall on the way a few times, but all in all this was great practice, and has earned us quite a bit of accolades from our peers in Esoteric Studies. We've also removed all of the diagnostic programs we used, though we saved them in case you ever want to do this again.

If you ever want to improve your systems PLEASE let me know. I don't know who built your code, but my little sister could build a better OS.

Timothy 12
Esoteric coding systems philosopher
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Left_bar_bleue120/120Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty Week 4 Response

Post  MaehlHoldings Wed May 18, 2011 5:41 am

UnityPrime wrote:*Encrypted message to Su Maehl*

Su Maehl,

It is my distinct pleasure to note that you have rendered to my shadow accounts payment for the Builder uplifting materials. Further, it has come to my attention that my other delivery made it in one piece. Thank you for that, and I apologize for the previous communication sent to you in haste. Time was short, as I needed to lead a sortie to bring one of my newer creations back into mission appropriate control settings through neural network matrix reallocations.

I will begin preparing the next shipment of goods. Can you move 20 million ghaz of Builder uplifting materials? As I believe in volume discounts, this is 15% of the estimated market value for these goods, allowing you more profit, or lowered prices.

Further, we would ask if you need assistance in the moving of goods. The Unity is exemplary in the creation of vessels of all types through matter weaving production techniques. As you may need additional freighters to handle the incredible volume of high quality goods, we would be able to assist you in their immaculate construction.

Lastly, the Unity was wondering if we could lend our extensive expertise in the crafting of marketing messages for the goods to be moved. Unity coders and natural philosophers would be happy to get such a practical opportunity to practice their trades. Thank you for your continued support of our mission to drown traditional IR business practices under the morass of their own inadequacy.

Prime

***still encrypted***

Dearest Prime,

Congratulations on your newfound status as a legal entity in the Iron Republic. I appreciate being offered the opportunity to serve as a primary distributor for your business venture. I accept the venture, and using my standard rate and charges.

However, there are a few details I'd like to iron (no pun intended) out.
1) Unity-Mart is a terrible name for an Iron Republic venture. It allows for your past negative publicity as former "terrorists" to dominate your business image. U-Mart, however, is better. It's catchier and it allows more playful marketing schemes. For example, "U-Mart, where You are our most important customer" I can sound off at least a dozen more, depending upon what your fancy is. We can do a joint PR venture, using my PR team and whatever group you want to use, and they can shill the store to the best of their capacity.
2) While you may be a legal political entity in the Iron Republic, you may not be licensed for trade in accordance to Treaty 2220. I'll have my team look into the what is required. It may be easiest to create U-Mart as a subdivision of Maehl Holdings, where you're my primary supplier of goods, but staff is hired locally within the Iron Republic. You supply the economic capital and I'll supply the avenues of trade and keep everything legal.
3) I know your end goal is to undercut Iron Republic prices. However, I'm not sure we can do so as drastically as you like without negative repercussions. In other words, if the price is too low, people may not buy our products. We'll have to start slow and bit by bit undercut prices. I'll have my market research team look into what's the lowest price the market will bear for a variety of goods and we can set prices that way.
4) Production - Normally, I presume your builders would erect the whole premises of any store unit in short order. Throughout the Iron Republic, however, that won't work. You're going to have to design structures and interiors that can be broken down, shipped, and erected in short order. Most importantly, by locals! I can utilize my staff to act as oversight if and when required. Please note, Leyas usage is illegal. I doubt Unity connected will be allowed into the Iron Republic at any time. Thus you have to design these things to be easy enough for Timothy 12's little sister to put together.
5) Distribution channels - You offered ships and, for lack of a better term, logistical infrastructure. Well, if we're going to get this off the ground quickly, I'm going to have to take you up on your offer. I prefer Anteres and Vespidae as standard transports, and Carrion Freighters as large haul ships. When and/or if needed, Zeus Freighters for smaller shipments. I don't know if you can build these ships, or something like them. I figure your team can make the calculations based on what you're ready to sell and produce and how many ships you'd need better and faster than I can. Honestly, the only thing that'll slow me down is hiring non-Unity workers to man these ships. However, I'm sure I can find thousands upon thousands of jobs for people throughout the Free Systems in short enough order. Let me know what numbers you'll be producing, I'll let you know what the market can bear, and we'll make the numbers meet, figure out ship orders, and get this baby rolling.

Let me know your thoughts so our respective legal, marketing, and logistical teams can meet up, fix the kinks, and initiate action.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Left_bar_bleue125/125Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty Re: Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl

Post  UnityPrime Mon May 23, 2011 8:54 am

Su Maehl,

Its been said that true wisdom is acknowledging what you do not know. In this case, I must admit, I do not know much about commerce. My memories of a time when money was used is faint. Currently, the only exposure that most of the connected have to the idea of currency at all is from educational games for children. As such, all I know are brute force economics.

Regarding your points

1) I like U-Mart, as well as its connotations. Once I have established baseline parameters and gained Iron Republic employees as test subjects, my operations can contribute to your PR/Marketing efforts.

2) We would appreciate your testing this on your end as we look into this on ours. IR laws are contradictory, and in bad need of editorial cleaning. It is as if their rules are not mutable and are not frequently modified for clarity.

3) This point confuses me. Do the disconnected not always perform risk adjusted cost benefit analysis when evaluating commerce paradigm shifts? Regardless; we are willing to listen to your counsel.

4) This is remarkably simple. We have undertook a large number of charity efforts in order to alleviate suffering AND to optimize IR-friendly manufacturing methods in anticipation for this initiative. Missionary assembly mechs were designed to work without entropic realignment of electron tunneling coefficients. If this technology is insufficient, we can make esoteric factories which work simply and effectively. However, it would be for the best, in terms of efficiency, if most production of goods was done on Unity planets. Our infrastructure is already in place. We have other positions for Iron Republic workers to fill. Timothy 12 appreciates your remembrance. He enjoyed his time working on your code, it seems.

5) You lack sufficient logistical capacity, but the Unity is preparing to meet that need. Thankfully, thanks to our shadow network, freighters can work beyond standard efficiencies.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty Regarding your trial *encrypted*

Post  UnityPrime Tue May 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Maehl,

It has come to our attention that you are pursuing litigation against TN industries. This is fascinating to us. However, your situation has highlighted our lack of understanding of the Iron Republic laws.

It would be easy for us to highlight exactly what TN did, and when they did it. It has also been brought to our attention that the coder kept video records of their entire process, and that they refrained from using neural uplinks. We wish that you had given us advance warning of this litigation, as we would have enjoyed training Unity depate esoteric philisophers in IR law.

This aside, we ask you, will provision of the timestamps ruin your case? The Unity was a terrorist group at the time when we rendered you assistance. If we must mask our involvement, we must have sufficient time to do this, as the coding used was unfamiliar to all but a few.

Secondly, can you provide us the full body of Iron Republic law in electronic and physical print out forms? We would also require all cases from the last 5,000 years for accuracy and precedent. Armed with these, we can help you with your defense.

Prime
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty u-mart (wk 5) **encrytped**

Post  MaehlHoldings Fri May 27, 2011 3:44 am

Dearest Prime,

I must keep this brief. My apologies if this correspondence does not meet my usual standards of tone and form

U-Mart
Vision: True economic competition throughout the Polar Expanse
Mission: Offer IR citizens the best prices and goods while offering a true diversity of products.
Goals: Offer local IR populations shopping alternatives, provide alternate employment opportunities
Method: Using Unity production facilities and Free Systems distribution, co-management and profit sharing, build, staff, and open U-Mart on 20 IR planets a week for the next two years. Maehl Holdings and Unity will co-publicize, Mehl Holdings will manage the formal IRLC. Unity can only provide non-IR support.

Unity will supply the goods and modular construction components while Maehl Holdings will set up shops, hire and manage local staff. As Unity personnel are not allowed in the IR, any required oversight will occur via computer (antiquated as it may be to the Unity)
My staff can be ready to roll out the first set of stores if you can provide the ships and the goods.

My local staff in Unity space are equipped to implement action once they are provided the proper resources.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl
CEO, U-Mart
Subsidiary of Maehl Holdings, IRLC

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Left_bar_bleue125/125Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty TNI Trial (wk5)

Post  MaehlHoldings Fri May 27, 2011 4:06 am

UnityPrime wrote:Maehl,

It has come to our attention that you are pursuing litigation against TN industries. This is fascinating to us. However, your situation has highlighted our lack of understanding of the Iron Republic laws.

It would be easy for us to highlight exactly what TN did, and when they did it. It has also been brought to our attention that the coder kept video records of their entire process, and that they refrained from using neural uplinks. We wish that you had given us advance warning of this litigation, as we would have enjoyed training Unity depate esoteric philisophers in IR law.

This aside, we ask you, will provision of the timestamps ruin your case? The Unity was a terrorist group at the time when we rendered you assistance. If we must mask our involvement, we must have sufficient time to do this, as the coding used was unfamiliar to all but a few.

Secondly, can you provide us the full body of Iron Republic law in electronic and physical print out forms? We would also require all cases from the last 5,000 years for accuracy and precedent. Armed with these, we can help you with your defense.

Prime

Dearest Prime,

Thank you for your kind offer of assistance. Thankfully, there were no problems regarding the evidence you provided, as the legality of the evidence tends to be less important than its existence and its effect. At least that's what my legal team tells me, and it ends up having to do less than the law than practice. Sometimes, as experience tells me, what the law is on record and what its application is are two completely different things. It's why I'm primarily a Free Systems citizen that has secondary credentials in the Iron Republic, which may or may not have been given to me as a result of saving Esiroh's 6 and 7 from total rebellion.

For the purpose of clarity and ease, U-Mart will have a legal division. This legal division will legally acquire the information you request above. This information will be available at U-Mart Headquarters on Esiroh 6, linked to sub-offices on Maxa Provo 9 and to it's head office at my headquarters within Unity Space. This link, therefore, provided its legality for the same, will thus be available to you and your people as requested. I warn you, it may not be the entirety of Iron Republic law. In fact, I'd bet every ghaz and credit I have that there are many many laws that my team will not have access to. Unfortunately, it will be the best that I can do.

Prime, I truly appreciate your assistance regarding this matter. I did not provide prior warning of my desire to bring forth a formal writ of complaint because, quite honestly, the evidence speaks for itself. It was provided in a manner sufficient enough to bring forth charges and hold-up in either a tribunal court or a standard court of law in the Iron Republic. Had it not, I would have requested other data. I was sure of the legality of the data, well at least based on the information that I had, and thus your actions did not damage my case in any way, shape or form (as I am aware). Besides, the most damning evidence of all is when the Iron Republic cross references the evidence you provided against their own systems. To recapitulate, you provided everything that was required and, as I am aware, no further assistance is necessary. If I require further evidence or interpretation for the same, I'll call upon you. However, since it is still currently illegal for anyone with a Unity uplink to enter Iron Republic territory, I'd prefer not to risk the lives of your people for my sake.

Yours sincerely, and much obliged,
Su Maehl

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty Re: Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl

Post  UnityPrime Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:46 am

Su Maehl,

We thank you for the documents. With luck I will soon have access to those laws you have not provided. We wish for an update on the U-mart progress, if you would be so kind.

Prime
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty week 8 update *hem*

Post  MaehlHoldings Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:15 pm

UnityPrime wrote:Su Maehl,

We thank you for the documents. With luck I will soon have access to those laws you have not provided. We wish for an update on the U-mart progress, if you would be so kind.

Prime

Prime,

Things are going as planned. The first twenty stores are fully operational and generating better than expected revenue. The second twenty are operational as well and will require another week before generating maximum revnue. They are currently producing at half the maximum profit margin, which is expected. This week we will open another twenty locations. Things are on schedule and according to predetermined parameters.

In a week or so I'll be ready to hand over planning and operations to one of my staff.

Is there anything specific you'd like a report on?

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

Last edited by MaehlHoldings on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : repeated the signature)

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty Re-investment in U Mart

Post  UnityPrime Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:31 pm

*High level encryption*

Su Maehl,

We appreciate your work in this regard, and are glad that you are at the helm. Our work on the marketing associates technology is finished, and we hope you can begin recruitment as soon as possible. Iron Republic citizens require employment, and we require an understanding of those citizens. How else can they be uplifted?

To further our understanding, we would appreciate it if you provided us regular reports on what is sold, and regular reports on the data collected by the marketing associate systems. You need not do this personally, but it would be best if the data was sent to us via physical means, such that the data is not compromised. We do not wish for the Iron Republic to understand the full extend of the implications of the U-Mart until such time as we have a seat on the board.

Lastly, the growth of U-Marts must be exponential to have an impact. To this end, I am giving you the 10 million ghaz I have received from this project, and 5 million of the 6 million ghaz I have received from our past works. Spend most of this money on increasing the number of U-Marts, if you would be so kind. I want these on every major Iron Republic planet eventually.

As usual, it is a pleasure working with you. I am in the process of understanding Iron Republic Law. When I am done, you may want to consider opening a Law firm. I imagine citizens may pay handsomely for discounted legal services, particularly after receiving Unity-derived uplifting materials provided at U-Marts.

Prime
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Regarding Unity contracts with Maehl Empty HEM

Post  MaehlHoldings Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:59 pm

Prime,

Thank you for your generous offer regarding additional funds for the increased expansion of U-Mart. However, the limitation preventing greater and faster distribution is not caused by lack of funds. In fact, funds are the least of our concerns. There are a slew of logistical concerns that prevent a number of greater than 20 stores being opened at any given time across the Polar Expanse.

These limitations include, but are not limited to:
1) Legal licensing on any individual planet
2) Employee recruitment and hiring
3) Iron Republic Bureaucracy

Allow me to give you an example: When I initiated U-Mart activity, legally and per IRLC regulation, the first hurdle was to apply for Land Use Permits across 100 viable planets throughout the Iron Republic. Of those 100, 30 granted permits within the first week. Once those thirty granted permits, a suitable location needed to be prepped, which included getting the proper paperwork for staff hiring, building materials, construction permits (even if everything was prefabricated), traffic changes to alter the flow of pedestrians from the area of construction so that individuals on their way to work weren't shipped to a penal colony for altering their commute, etc. Of these thirty planets, only 22 of them granted paperwork in a timely enough fashion to properly begin operations as needed. Of these 22, 5 of them hit bureaucratic snags, delaying their grand opening. By the listed date, only 20 (miraculously) were able to open. The other 10 were still pending. For the second week, only 18 more permits came through. While we requested another 50 initial permits, and I have tripled the staff handling this portion of U-Mart operation, it will take a few weeks or so to get all these different bodies in gear to even dream about opening more than 20 stores a week. It may even take a few months.

My mid-term plan is to increase exposure across approximately 500 planets over the next six months or so. By then, our initial openings will be operating at maximum capacity, with all the legal hurdles jumped, we can open multiple locations on each of those planets, all the while hitting up all the major colonized planets. As it appears you have an ambitious growth model in mind, it means that my U-Mart Corporate will have to grow in a rate as exponential as U-Mart itself, if for no other reason than to handle the Human Resource Development portion of it. At some point, it will become too large to manage itself, so there will eventually have to be a cap with regards to how many locations we can open at any one time. But we can cross that bridge when we get there. If I had to guess at a number, it would be around 200 locations per week, but that's purely conjecture. At this time, my team would rather focus at the job at hand as opposed to determining maximum capacity. Once paperwork starts going through on a more even basis, we can discuss capacity limitations. In the interim, we are developing a huge human development program to ensure all U-Mart employees are properly trained for the highest level of customer service, even if it means hiring excess numbers of staff across all levels to ensure proper training across all levels of management.

With regards to your request for data regarding this matter, I can offer you access to our accounting modules, which I am not legally allowed, per Iron Republic law, to keep private. I have to declare all financial data to them for every location. Therefore, this information I will provide to you accordingly. With regards to marketing data, this information is proprietary and I cannot share all of it with you, at least insofar as methodology is concerned. I'll provide you monthly studies indicating satisfaction with our products, customer service indices, and all other pertinent information. If you wish a paper copy, it will be available to you at Maehl Holdings' headquarters located within Unity Space as you request it. Please have your agent use your U-Mart identification code that I included in the initial report I sent you two weeks ago.

Should you require anything else, please let me know. Our numbers are looking good so far, and I expect nothing less than continuing success with this venture.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl
U-Mart, Maehl Holdings

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:22 pm

Su Maehl,

I appreciate you explaining the difficulties associated with use of the funds I am offering you. The pace at which commerce works is alien to me, but I have always enjoyed a good puzzle. If you would humor me, I have a few ideas as to how the money could be used.

First of all, as we will be servicing a number of planets, it makes sense for us to set up centralized distribution hubs which are in range of multiple client worlds. These massive stations could receive Unity goods at unreasonable velocities and then distribute them in an incredibly efficient manner to client worlds, thanks to Unity gravitics manipulation technology. With these in place, the Unity could respond to potential shortages instantly, requiring that U-marts need carry almost no safety stock and allowing the U-marts to instantaneously respond to demand fluctuation. Further, these could act as centralized command-and-control centers, streamlining the operation. The money I have available could be used to purchase generic stations and re-purpose them into distribution centers.

Secondly, would it be possible to use these moneys to buy existing stores on Iron Republic planets and repurpose them into U-mart centers? Considering the Iron Republic society, it seems reasonable that "malls" exist, and could be purchased. This would allow us to skip any red tape regarding transportation re-allocation, as they would already have significant traffic routing to their locals. This will likely be less cost efficient from building all of our stores from scratch. However, time is of the essence.

I say time is of the essence because we are currently operating with the element of surprise on our side. Once the scope of our project is realized, other elements will leverage considerable resource to dislodge us. They may well succeed, with the massive stored resource at their disposal. Thusly, we must accept operational inefficiencies in order to secure a sufficient base, in my estimation.

I have little I can do with this money anyway, and I find idle money distasteful. Can you leverage the money in the fashions I've mentioned above? It could well be that you cannot. If not, would the addition of more Unity coders streamline your efforts? Many are eager to gain some of the intensely valuable first hand experience that Timothy-12 has written about extensively.

If you truly cannot use the money to increase the growth of U-Mart, I ask that you use the money to set up U-Mart charities which use all of the money I have given you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. My optimization of marketing consultant terminals is almost finished. Once they are, we can begin mass installation. Further, I have taken the Iron Republic body of law and have begun making a new class of drone which I will call "Deliberators". Armed with them, we can make inroads on understanding the full body of Iron Republic law.

Prime

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:44 am

Prime,

There's a reason that I'm as successful as I am, and that is because I know how to run a quickly expanding enterprise.

1) When making applications, I am clustering planets to ensure maximum efficiency and ensure proper operation. Space stations, hubs, and all other considerations have already been made. All maximally efficient operations are taking place, when and where it is legal. In other words, I have already done what you have recommended and am abusing your superior technology for the benefit of this enterprise.

2) Purchasing property and repurposing is not as efficient as using Unity-designed pre-fabricated structures that can be erected and stocked within 4 days. However, I will have my team look into it, but I do not see much of a difference in improving speed of opening. Besides, it is infinitely more important in brand creation and strengthening to maintain the same structure types across territories and planets, as it is more recognizable.

3) If I haven't mentioned it already, in a few weeks I anticipate being able to drastically increase the number of locations we can open at any given time. Patience, dear Prime. The scope won't be obvious until it is too late. Give me at least a month to work out additional details and make further inroads.

Regarding staff members and utilizing your coders, they are doing a phenomenal job on your end developing product and providing them to my staff accordingly. However, a great percentage of U-Mart operations occur in the Iron Republic, making Unity coders inadvisable. I'll let you know next week if I need additional staff in my Free Systems headquarters, but know that the system is working beautifully and there is no chance there will be backorder issues. Again, the speed bumps are in managing the Iron Republic bureaucracy, not in how we run this operation. I do, however, appreciate the offer.

Finally, I'll keep the money you offer in a slush account for the company. I will use it to redistribute to staff as additional employment bonuses and, in the event we require the additional funds when we are able to expand at a greater rate, we will have them available.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and look forward to fulfilling your needs and desires for greater expansion. I am just as anxious as you are to grow the U-Mart brand. We have a great series of products, good employment practices, and a top-notch marketing campaign. I'm looking forward to continued growth and success.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:37 am

Maehl,

Delightful. I appreciate your honest feedback to my questioning. The Unity has begun a grand project which may further increase our production capacity by freeing up WPC's. Our Massive Orbital Production Centers, once online, may allow for an even cheaper production of goods.

If you require information or personnel on my end, please don't hesitate to let me know. You are spearheading one of my most important strategic initiatives.

Prime
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Prime,

A few weeks ago I mentioned bureaucratic deficiencies preventing the widespread growth of UMart. Suffice it to say those deficiencies have been wiped out. Using all the monetary capital you have provided, plus my own, I am implementing the next phase of growth for UMart.

Thankfully, as I am now a Stockholder, I am able to expand the scale of our business exponentially. I am currently working out the final details for this next phase of development, where 5000 new locations will be opening in the next 8-12 months. The weekly store openings will be staggered, some weeks 20 and other weeks 200. UMart construction crews will be employed, 150 squads, all Brethren. These crews will move from location to location to supplement local construction crews. While the locals only work standard 8 hour work days, the Brethren crews will work the off hours to ensure full 24 hour operations. Once a crew has finished a location, they will move on the the next one. Every 4 jobs a crew finishes, they get a full week off. While I would like to have increased the scale a bit more, 5000 in the above time frame is optimal capacity and growth. It also represents a 400% increase in UMart growth.

I understand your desire for maximum penetration and growth throughout the Iron Republic, however, your goal of one UMart per planet in any immediate time frame is unfeasible. It will take approximately 4-7 years, at our current growth model, to accomplish that feat in the Polar Expanse. However, as I am now a Stockholder, my business growth cannot be curbed per our current model. These 5000 locations will vary between additional locations per planet and new planetary locations.

Should you have any further questions, let me know.

Yours sincerely,
Stockholder Su Maehl
CEO of Maehl Holdings, IRLC

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:59 am

Su Maehl,

We are pleased to see your rise. It amazes me what the disconnected can achieve when motivated by wealth. Of course, I know you are motivated by much more than that.

This is a very satisfactory rate of growth. Keep in mind though, much of the benefit to be gained from this network lies in the information gathered by marketing terminals. While my main interest is to gain information on the Wage Slave as a consuming body, it also holds the key to your uplifting the Wage Slave population. Once you know how they think, you can begin the process of freeing them.

It will be a hard process, but it will be my honor to help you in this. Your brothers have been enslaved for far too long.

Prime
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Dear Prime,

Once again, I appreciate your cooperation in this endeavor.

With regards to your request regarding research variables, I will conduct surveys among staff guaging employee satisfaction. These surveys will measure quantitative data and qualitative data. At least that's what my HR department tells me. It'll gauge how happy they are as UMart employees, especially in contrast to prior employers. I'll expand the research to include non-UMart employees.

This research, however, will only be one part of the latger puzzle. The Intergalactic Intellectual Consortium will be doing similar research, except with a longitudinal focus as well. With some of the most talented academics throughout the Universe working together, I anticipate interesting results for their research. I hope between the practical application of UMart and the IICs research, we can truly begin to implement changes throughout the Universe.

Regarding your comments of wealth, I will say this, Prime: wealth is rarely the true motivator of us disconnected. Wealth is only the means, and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. An overwhelming majority of the time, they want the power it brings. It that uderlying motivstion that is most powerful, Prime. The mettle of a man shouldn't be judged on their nature of their ambition, but rather the extent to which they are willing to achieve their goal, and what they do with the power once they have it. You are right, however, I am not most men.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down