Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0)

2 posters

Go down

Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Empty Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0)

Post  MaehlHoldings Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Dearest friends of the Temporal Empire,

I request a meeting with one of your representatives on planet **names planet in Free Systems** sometime during this star week **during Week 0**. I'd normally request a holocon, however as my systems are currently under attack by malicious code from a third party, I'd rather have this conversation in person. The purpose of this meeting is to flesh out the terms and conditions of the business proposal you made a few weeks ago regarding the economic strength of the Free Systems, as well as future business opportunities between the Free Systems and its allies. As you know, I take the economic independence of the Free Systems seriously, and want to ensure its prosperity moving forward.

I hope you accept this meeting. If you cannot, please provide me an alternate meeting place and time, at your earliest convenience, so that we may speak of important details.

I am looking forward to our meeting. May the Free Systems' businesses grow fruitfully from the merits of our conversations.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

OOC stuff:
Admin: I pick a trade-heavy planet where I'd lease an office for work. I'd then take the representative to either their official ship or mine, and conduct the meeting on either ship where I can be assured of privacy.
Temporal Empire: If you choose to accept, please post as if you accepted my invitation (or declined it), and set up the parameters of the meeting (one of your ships or mine). You may begin speaking at the meeting accordingly.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Left_bar_bleue125/125Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Empty Re: Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0)

Post  TemporalEmpire Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Seconds after Mr. Maehl presses send on the message, there is a flash of blue light in his office. Then a proud da'uhnb military officer stands in Maehl's office.
"I am Xec Cex, Temporal Enforcement Agency. You are Su Maehl of Maehl Holdings. You wanted a secure meeting?"

TemporalEmpire
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Left_bar_bleue120/120Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Empty Re: Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0)

Post  MaehlHoldings Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:23 am

Startled, Maehl replies, "Oh my!" He grasps at everything around his desk, located in his private quarters on-board his Zeus Freighter, in an attempt to gather his bearings at the unexpected intrusion. Quickly composing himself, he organizes his papers, shuts down any communication devices that my currently be on, and stands up abruptly once he is done, stammering slightly in the process.

"Well met Xec Cex, and welcome aboard my ship. I was en route to our meeting point as we speak. I appreciate your urgency in meeting me, for I have a problem that requires some assistance."

Su gets up from his desk hastily, walking over to pour himself and his guest a drink from the only bottle of liquor in this room. As he does, he talks nervously, "I requested this meeting in person because I have a problem with my communications grid, where I have at least two different parties overhearing all of my communications. One I know of, the other I don't. I was forced to hire Unity coders when it had come to my attention that I had an unknown third party hacked into my system and siphoning information from my communications. I hope you like wine, Honorable Xec Cex, as it is the only beverage I have on hand to offer at this time." He begins to walk over to his guest with two glasses of poured wine. "While, under normal conditions, I perhaps wouldn't care as much that I have the Unity plugged into my system, as they're just as likely to do it of their own accord anyway, I remembered a meeting we had a few weeks ago where Captain Orig of the Temporal Empire had gathered us all together regarding the nature of the threat to the Polar Expanse and, in turn, the Universe as we know it. I then realized that I am now crippled in my efforts to assist you in any way, shape, or form for as long as I have threats to my communications grid and require the Unity to manage them. It is for that reason that I must impose upon you for a solution."

Maehl holds out a glass of wine for his companion to take. "My goodness, how rude of me. It is rare I have an honored member of your people as a guest, so please pardon me if I offend you in any way. So much on my mind I have forgotten simple etiquette. My humblest apologies. I have just realized that I haven't even offered you to sit down yet. Please, sit down." He gestures to the nearest chair, "I'm afraid I'm a bit frazzled at your sudden, and very much appreciated, visit to my quarters. On the next occasion, I will ensure that I am at the ready for your visit." Without awaiting a response to his gesture toward the seat, he continues, "I have just poured you a glass of wine. Would you like this drink or do you prefer some other libation as we discuss my predicament? Perhaps some food? I can have something brought in, should you require it."

Su looks at his guest, awaiting a response regarding food and/or drink and to see if his guess will accept a seat before sitting down himself and continuing the conversation. As he does, he focuses on steadying his breathing and smiling pleasantly at his guest, as he knows these next few moments will either make or break his future as a truly independent corporation.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Left_bar_bleue125/125Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  TemporalEmpire Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:23 am

Xec Cex reached out with his big shiny claws, gently taking the glass. He raises the drink to his reptilian lips and savored the taste.

"A pleasant offering Mr. Maehl.

Tell me what it is that the Temporal Empire can do to help you. You are a vital part of the Free System's ability to manipulate the battlefield of the Polar Expanse. Yet you have let the Unity into vital parts of your systems. You now have two parties that are in your system by your own evaluation."

The large Da'uhnb sat down in the chair, causing it to creak and bend under his weight.

"Computers are like banks with a broken vault door. They hold only information. Yet you humans add such value to them, that when a thief leaves with that information, you feel gold has been stolen.
You must manipulate this leak, Mr. Maehl. Drop coins through the hole, and see who spends them."

The Da'uhnb pulled a small orange crystal from his belt's many pockets and placed it on the desk.
"This is a temporal alarm. It will alert me if you need to share information while your systems are compromised. What more can the we do to aid you?"

TemporalEmpire
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Left_bar_bleue120/120Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 am

Maehl breathed a tiny sigh of relief as his guest accepted the offer of wine and sat down to converse with him. At the first sound of a creak in the chair, he internally grimaced as he made several notes in his mind to ensure all of his offices and quarters on all of this ships had at least one, if not two, chairs that can comfortably seat his Da'humb guests. He took a seat next to his guest, putting on his most amenable face that he spent months perfecting in front of a mirror.

He listened intently as Xec Cex spoke, sipping his wine almost casually, never putting the wine glass down. He nodded when the mysterious blue alien, while appearing freakish in nature vis a vis his usual company, appeared to be offered useful, helpful advise. Su's ill ease at the sudden intrusion of his highly desirable guest slowly dissipated with every word spoken.

Maehl smiled widely when Xec offered him the crystalline device.

"Thank you so very much for this device. I am truly honored by your willingness to assist me in this matter." Maehl looked at the cystalline device, not quite sure how to turn it on. He made a mental note to ask before his guest left, but had more important things to focus on for the moment.

"You make a great point about using the intrusions in my system to my advantage, accept for that fact that I require my communications and computer systems in order to protect my business assets. It's bad for business for others to know what you're doing when you're doing it. It's also really bad press that I'm forced to use what is considered a terrorist organization in a business sanctioned by the Iron Republic. In fact, I'm surely going to have problems if the Iron Republic were to ever find out. Finally, any actions I take against the Trilat, either good or bad, will instantly be known by them, and I do not feel comfortable with that, mostly because by the nature of my business there will be contracts that I accept that they would not like." Maehl frowned slightly, "To this end I require something to ensure that my computer systems can be free and clear of external threats. I don't have access to the proper hackers to ensure my system is hack-proof, nor can I train anyone to do it in a timely fashion. I need something more ... robust ... and that can be acquired as opposed to researched and trained."

Maehl shifted ever so slightly in his seat. "Simply put, honored Xec Cex, I request your assistance in acquiring an unhackable Artificial Intelligence unit that I can uplink across my system and ensure the safety of both my communications grid and business operations. I request your assistance because, quite frankly, without you and your people I have no possibility of acquiring it." Maehl looked hopefully at his guest, knowing full well that he just asked his guest for what may be an impossible acquisition, and would be most costly an acquisition.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Meeting with Temporal Empire Representative (Wk 0) Empty Week 2 response

Post  MaehlHoldings Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:31 am

TemporalEmpire wrote:I have secured your computer.

Pray whatever Gods you ascribe to, that you never need to use it.

-Temporal Delivery Service.

C/o XC
For Su

Su barely had time to recognize what had transpired. Xec was somewhat non-commital in his response, but gave no indication of what or how he would respond to his request. After showing Su how to use the Temporal Alarm, he disappeared from sight. He had called upon Xec a few times since then, but at no time did Xec mention his request. Then suddenly, after about a week a or so, he received this notification.

The most disconcerting thing about the message was its hidden warning. He asked for an AI that's unhackable, gets it, and is told that he should never use it. The Da'Humb were indeed a cryptic sort. First talking about demons, then getting you things you shouldn't use, and, if that weren't enough, talking about the end of life as it was known in the Polar Expanse. His just recently read that the most successful strategy in managing a business is perpetual optimism, however, with all this not-so-clear doom and gloom was making it hard for Su to keep a positive perspective.

**encrypted message to Xec Cex**

Honored Friend,

I have received your package. I am most honored you have been able to fulfil my request and appreciate your assistance in this matter. What concerns me, however, is your understated warning. While I'd hate to bother you, again, I would appreciate an explanation. Your immediate visit is not required. If you give me an hour, my time, I will have cake waiting for you. It's a special delight that my caterers have developed, which I hope you will like. It's subtle sweetness is surprising and has been a huge hit for non-Earther palates that don't tend to enjoy the fructose-induced comas that Earthers do.

Yours sincerely,

Su Maehl

**end message**

As Su expected his guest almost immediately, he began his preparations casually, mentally preparing himself for the sudden, though welcome, intrusion.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  TemporalEmpire Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 am

Fifteen minutes after the appointed time.

Xec Cex appeared in his Da'uhnb glory. There were bullet holes across his chest and a laser scab on his cheek.
His normally shiny claws are brown with dried blood. The claw tips were still dripping fresh blood.
A Dreadmek claw was fastened on his ankle.

--if cake is present--

Xec Cex grabs half of cake in bloody claws and dumps it (with candles or any other adornments) in his mouth.
Barely chewing, Xec Cex finally breathes and says through mouth half full,

"The Temporal Empire thanks you MUNCH MUNCH and I thank you MUNCH MUNCH. I had to fight through many Dreadmeks in an evil future where artificial intelligences will take over the world. That is where your MUNCH MUNCH new computer has come from," the Da'uhnb suddenly stops looks down at still twitching Dreadmek hand.

He sighs and there is a flash of Blue Light.

A few moments later Xec Cex reappears now with all his wounds covered by thick bandages and gauze and no sign of the Dreadmek claw.

"Had to return that to the future, or was it the past, oh well, I need more of that cake," said Xec Cex grabbing more cake, "We of the Temporal Empire, dont usually trust Humans with future tech. It always turns out bad."

Seeing Su's uncomprehending look, Xec Cex clarifies, "This computer will keep all your business data safe, as long as you do not attach it to a network all should be safe. It is unhackable, even through Technomancy, which you don't know about, and should never mention. I shouldn't have mentioned it even.
Transfer this data as you need it from this computer system to your network as needed, but only use it as needed, and not as wanted."

Xec realized he had only left a single slice of cake, and stopped, all together not sure what appropriate manners were for this specific time line.

He stepped back,
"Your offering was most fantastic. Cake, Cake truly the ambrosia of baked good. I had heard the cake is a lie, but there is no lie in this cake. But I did not come here for cake, I came here to warn you again.
No good will come from this unhackable computer. But as long as you need it use it."

And with that cryptic warning, Xec Cex left.
A single slice of cake was left on the table. Its white plate was scratched by claws, and the furrows were stained by blood.

TemporalEmpire
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down