Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The A.I. Mind -Week 1-

5 posters

Go down

Pick what type of research you are allocating

The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- I_vote_lcap14%The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- I_vote_lcap57%The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- I_vote_lcap29%The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- I_vote_lcap0%The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Empty The A.I. Mind -Week 1-

Post  Admin Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Long have researchers sought to find a perfect artifical intelligence. At least Earthers have been, the ancient race known as the Sephir were masters of the computer will. Their power was to even manipulate the electromagnetic fields of electronic networks. Effectively they were sentient energy mainframes, consciousness without bodies, and they built an entire machine race to serve them.
It is this Sephir Mekanoid race that survives to this day, though the Sephir themselves have long since disappeared from our reality. And when a K'ias named Mor'aye'ahn discovered a way of mass-producing real consciousness using the Sephir technology he began seeding Known space with the S.U.A.R.M.

Fort Lendill and S.U.A.R.M. space have access to Sephir A.I. technology.
Garmin Fe and his TRILAT allies have access to the entire computing power of billions of brains synched as one.

The only question is what will they create?

This mission is open to all players and factions, but only Fort Lendill and TRILAT players will gain any rewards that come from the success of creating a new A.I. mind. Post your goal for this A.I. and the mentality, ethics and morality you choose to give it. Be specific about how it will think about its place in the universe. First person to post gets a single repost later. All other players get one post only. This thread will be locked at 11pm E.S.T. on Friday April 1st

Admin
Admin

https://darkrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Empty an idea

Post  blackheartsecurity Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:55 pm

So I had an idea. My faction totally doesn't have the tech to make it happen. And truth be told I don't know why anyone would research it but it could be a cool thing for players.

AI Guardian (10pt Special Training)
In the centuries since the golden age there have been numerous ghosts in the machine. Experimental AI's, Free starship AI's, peoples memory scans that have become active in computer systems, mekanoid fuzzy logic algorithms that have become the search for truth, particularly complex and magnificent computer viruses, sephir spirits exploring a new and spectacular world, and other alien entities.

One of these ghosts has latched onto the character for its own reason. The AI's personality, What its motivations are and whether the player knows them are up to the players and narrators discretion.

so long as the player helps and appeases it. The AI will actively attempt to help the player (Narrators discretion). Erasing security data, doctoring financial data, even taking over specific security systems (Doors, networked defenses, mekanoids, etc) in truly desperate moments.

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Left_bar_bleue100/100The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Empty Re: The A.I. Mind -Week 1-

Post  GeneralGarminFe Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:37 am

There comes a time when one must face their mortality. To realize that one's own fate is sealed from the moment of their creation. Garmin ponders this point and comes to grips with what must be done. He knows that his own fate may lead him to a demise at any time. From these thoughts spurs the will to create that which will follow, a legacy.

The organic mind is such a ponderous thing to predict and explore. To reverse engineer it has been the daunting task for many known civilizations. For this reason Garmin has dismissed the idea of pursuing this path. Instead he looks to the wondrous creation of sentience born of machinery. Here the consciousness was created artificially and with full knowledge of the path that led it to awareness. The mind's creation is transparent, clear for all of us to see. Yet still, that is also its weakness. The hardware itself restricts radical change. The transparency leaves if open to manipulation.

Yet what if the basic design derived from those of the SUARM was modified so that organic equivalents replaced its component parts. What if the mind itself was made aware of its own workings in such a way that it could modify the way it was thinking as it thought. Truly such a being could find a better path for his people.

Body: Intrinsic to all thought is perception. Perception means body. The body of this creation would be that of a swirling sphere of blue, gold, and white organic mass.
-It sees in all directions, thus it doesn't think in terms of forward, backwards, and side to side. When it thinks of an object it can perceive, it doesn't think of how it relates to itself and its own orientation, but rather the object's orientation and relation to other objects that can be perceived. This makes terms like higher and lower seem like arbitrary distinctions and would not understand why 'higher' is given a more positive connotation over 'lower'.
-It can perceive the entire spectrum of light and all frequencies of sound. It would be able to see and hear the wonders of art but might think them flat and simplistic. It might find beauty where others cannot, as an explosion of non-visible radiation might captivate its attention while other beings may not notice.
-Without arms or legs, the mind would simply float and drift where it willed. As such the feeling of touch is not about what one reaches out to, but rather what reaches out to you. The being might be uncomfortable with bodily contact and see it as a violation of oneself and then apply that thought to others.

Morality: The legacy would be taught the basics of Garmin's philosophy.
-First, knowledge is not obtained by the memorization of facts, but rather by engaging in a dialectic with other minds. Both minds must be able to impress upon the other what they believe and each participant must be willing to allow themselves to be changed by the exchange.
-Second, the passing of knowledge is better done in pairs. Attempting to have one person teach many disrupts the dialectic and brings forth conflicts that not everyone can participate in. It also may upset the balance of wills, pitting the many against the one, or worse, allowing the one to overcome the many.
-Third, in order for knowledge to be spread in the best possible manner, all people must be free. Without freedom the dialectic no longer becomes a matter of competing wills, where the greater will prevails. Instead the social strata defines what is true without a means to validate its claims.

Ethics: Garmin fails to provide examples...

[Edit: Keep in mind, when I say the parts are replaced with organic equivalents, I don't necessarily mean cells with a nucleus. The artificial intelligence doesn't have a DNA in the traditional sense. The fluid mass that makes up Legacy would be made mostly of millions of infinitely complex protein strands. If you wanted to think of it in the sense of cells, then it would be better to think of it as one gigantic cell rather then many.]

Last edited by GeneralGarminFe on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Left_bar_bleue120/120The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Mor'aye'ahn Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:27 pm

To build a mechanical version of an organic ideal is common place throughout history. Replicating the sonar of bat or marine mammal, using the physics of a birds wings to take artificial flight, and even create replacement limbs for those who have lost them. With these steps taken it is only fitting that the mind be re-created in machine form. Short and long term memory, the ability to process though, and the understanding to put it all to use.

It was with that in mind that Mor'aye'ahn invented the S.U.A.R.M. memory core. An artificial mind built to learn and comprehend the world around them and to extrapolate it's own conclusion. Initially it was to allow mechanical units the ability to solve problems faster and easier in repairs and construction, but like the organic mind it was set to replicate its went beyond and began to understand the world and people around it.

Mor'aye'ahn saw this and viewed these new life forms, artificial in creation, and saw his chance at a family. He taught them and believed in them. Told them of the history of his people and of the ancient evils, of the other children of the falosini and the earthers who came after. Finally he taught them of war for he knew that none would understand them.

Ideally he teaches them that peace and creation is the ultimate goal, but destruction is often the bi-product of the path.
Mor'aye'ahn
Mor'aye'ahn

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Left_bar_bleue80/100The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Empty My thoughts on the Mind of a Computer

Post  Palomedes Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 am

Why must an A.I. follow our way of thinking. Why do we make A.I.s trying to copy a mind that already exists. Why dont we make a computer mind that is truly without humanity, but endless computer power.
To put such a thing in charge of the military would be a suicidal move. Like giving Dreadmeks the right to vote.
This A.I. would instead be tasked to learn about alien races and to help different races communicate effectively.
Then it must be taught honor, and loyalty, and the rights of those who have earned over those who simply want.
They must understand society's rules, spoken and unspoken.
Then this A.I. will be perfect because it will be all about connecting people in meaningful way.

Sector General Palomedes places his face in his hands and cries.

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Left_bar_bleue150/150The A.I. Mind  -Week 1- Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down