Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Mining Contract

3 posters

Go down

Independent Mining Contract Empty Independent Mining Contract

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:34 am

To all interested parties,

Our goal today is to enter the wider world of the galactic economy. As we understand it, the best way to do that is through your people. Our faction however has little to trade in the way of goods and resources, at least not those legal within the Iron Republic. However, what we do have is a surplus of experienced miners and smiths.

Here is what we propose: We ask for you to negotiate on our behalf, either overtly or covertly, the use of our citizens to train and equip workers of the Iron Republic's mining colonies. We guarantee that our methods will outproduce the Iron Republic's current practices, particularly in the most frigid colonies they have.

The way we see this working is that we will assume the operations of a particular mining colony, resupply the workers, retrain them, and pay the costs associated. We then have Iron Republic pay what it would have cost them to run the colony, with your company taking a small brokering fee for themselves. Finally, through our methods, we guarantee that shipments of raw materials from the colony will substantially increase.

If there is any part of this deal that seems unreasonable, unrealistic, or if there is any other foreseeable obstacle, please let us know what it is in detail. Thank you for your time. We are eager to here back from you soon.

Signed,
Garmin Fe, Protector General of Beacon City
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Independent Mining Contract Left_bar_bleue120/120Independent Mining Contract Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Independent Mining Contract Empty Obstacles

Post  blackheartsecurity Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:25 am

General Garmin Fe,
It is highly unlikely you plan will work, as the IR is extremely paranoid of letting anyone else run "their" colonies. However several of our independent corporations have purchased mining colonies from the IR and run them as our own. This would likely be easier to negotiate. Once the Independent corporation took control of it we can manage it how we see fit.

The biggest issue I see in that is though independently run we must generally abide by IR regs, and I don't know where your average unity citizen fits into that.

Beyond that the only question would be how profit sharing is managed.

V/R,
Childeen Blackheart,
Blackheart Security Solutions

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Independent Mining Contract Left_bar_bleue100/100Independent Mining Contract Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Independent Mining Contract Empty possibilities

Post  MaehlHoldings Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:12 am

Dear General Garmin Fe,

Depending on what you really want to do, I may be able to get around some of the legal road blocks and fulfil your request. However, I would require at least a few specific details.

1) Is the Leyas involved?
2) Does it matter if we're really replacing IR workers? I could always win a few contracts, set up a corporation and we can split profts accordingly. The winnings will be in profit margins, increased yeilds and direct market sales, which I can provide.
3) What other objectives do you have that may be serviced by either your production methods or workforce? I can help you apply those skills to other area that you may not otherwise think of or have access to.

We at Maehl Holdings how business. Let us grow yours.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Independent Mining Contract Left_bar_bleue125/125Independent Mining Contract Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Independent Mining Contract Empty Re: Independent Mining Contract

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:23 am

Dear Childeen Blackheart,

You would be glad to know that we are not actually your "average Unity citizens". None of our citizens are connected, as such our citizens are not all that unlike the citizens of the EEF that you regularly contract. Are association with the Unity is that of an economic and military alliance, nothing more. In fact, Valley Homeforge, the region home to Beacon City, outlaws direct connection to the Unity.

That aside I'm glad to know that, spite difficulties, you are willing to work with Beacon City. We would be glad to help manage some of your mining facilities if this is indeed possible.

In regards to profit sharing, I don't see why we can't arrange a deal much like the one I outlined before. We will ask you to estimate what your mining costs are as well as your estimated production of raw materials. You'll then pay us the estimated cost instead. We will then spend that money to train, equip, and run the facility. We in return promise an increase in production of said raw materials. You'll get to then take profits of the extra raw goods. We'll only ask for a cut when production exceeds 125% of normal capacity. If we fail to reach 100% capacity, Beacon City will reimburse you the difference in lost profits. We of course give you the freedom to conclude our services whenever you wish.

I hope this message helps to move this matter along. We look forward to working with you.

Signed,
Protector General Garmin Fe
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Independent Mining Contract Left_bar_bleue120/120Independent Mining Contract Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:41 am

[Encoded Transmission to Maehl Holdings]

Dear Su Maehl,

In order to survive the frigid environments that surround Beacon City we have developed technology that allows our citizens to be immune to natural cold and disease. As such, it allows our workers to mine in regions that are generally inefficient because the cost of worker survival is too high. The device is categorized as technomancy, which leads many people to think it is layas, but it is really a technological wonder. This is the primary advantage we carry in our production capacity.

Secondary advantages come in the form of the experience of our workers, and in the leadership they provide.

We have specialized technology and expertise, and we wish to utilize this for our mutual benefit. I hope that the independent corporations can somehow make this happen.

Signed,
Protector General Garmin Fe

[End Transmission]
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Independent Mining Contract Empty Maxa Provo 9

Post  GeneralGarminFe Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:23 pm

To all interested parties,

I'm sure you all already know about MP9, but there appears to be a colony up for bid. It just so happens that the colony is prime for mining valuable minerals. This seems to be the ideal opportunity for what we have already been negotiating. If I'm not mistaken, being Banking Guild property also means that many of the restrictions placed by the Iron Republic will not apply.

I would go on this by myself, but there is a problem; my people know more about mining then just about anyone, but I don't know a thing about working with the Banking Guild nor do we have the resources to ship the raw materials away. This is where you come in. We could take over the mining operations of this colony and you could negotiate the terms and run the trade.

I'm sure that none of you have the available staff for training and equipping a new colony, and you already know where I stand. Let's make a deal and go in this together. The time limit on this opportunity means I'm open to hearing any business proposals you have to offer. You can disregard any offers made previous and go with whatever is most profitable for us both.

There is already someone else eager to take the colony, but President Ragman clearly knows more about setting up a barricks then he does about running a mining operation. He clearly has said nothing so far that would appeal to the interests of a business trying to make money.

Signed,
General Garmin Fe
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Independent Mining Contract Empty Final Questions regarding Proposal

Post  MaehlHoldings Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Dear General Garmin Fe,

I want to make clear the difficulty of fulfilling your request, as you state it.
1) The Iron Republic has been scanning every ship shadowing jumping planet to planet. They do scans for Leyas residues, and any ship being caught with these residues are, for lack of a better term, in trouble. What your methods are once on planet can be up to your desires, but anything transported into IR space would have to come clean with these scans
2) I understand that it's your primary desire to steal revenue from the Iron Republic. I get that. However, I can offer you contracts in locations that don't have the methods of production that the IR has that would be much better served by your services. As long as we split the profits, which I imagine will be considerable, I have no problem assisting you in this matter.
3) Regarding Maxi Provo 9, I have a peer of mine looking into the matter. If they choose not to make a bid, I will agree to assist you in making a bid, provided you exclusively use my services for any non-mining services. Think about it, and we can converse, if and only if, my peer does not make an offer (part of which will most likely use your services).

Please respond to points one and two, so that I can finalize our last few details and we can do business together.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Independent Mining Contract Left_bar_bleue125/125Independent Mining Contract Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:16 am

Dear CEO Su Maehl

1) It becomes clear to me that, though my citizens are not Unity connected, the rules of the IR have effectively barred my citizens from their space. You see, all citizens, in order to survive the climate of their home, require a shard heart implant. That implant replaces the original heart. Thus removing it is somewhat difficult. Therefore, bringing in just my workers alone would cause "trouble". I'm sorry to hear that their is no way to circumvent this at this time. Please let me know if things change.

2) You misunderstand me, my intention isn't actually to steal revenue from the Iron Republic. It has actually always been to increase revenue for you, as well as provide work for my citizens. If your saying that you can find my workers jobs in other markets then the Iron Republic, then I am more then willing to listen. I see the rise of independent companies within Iron Republic space to be a good thing in-of-itself, thus I am willing to support it. I also wouldn't mind improving my relationship with the Iron Republic as my main opposition is to the Quall N'Drone.

3) I am glad to know that you are willing to work together on the MP9 issue. I hope your peer finds the will and resources to accomplish your request.

I hope that answers your questions. I too am eager to finalize our business together.

Signed,
General Garmin Fe
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum