Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3

+4
blackheartsecurity
Palomedes
CaptainAxis
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Empty Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3

Post  Admin Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:03 pm

The Defense of Sentinel 3

Deep in the Brethren Expanse the joint defense site against Temporal Incursion called Sentinel Station 3 has become fully operational.

Just in time as a Mothership of unknown origin races from the heart of a nearby temporal wormhole.

Is it one of the rumored vessels of the Fleet of Fate? Does it have friends following it?
And why do all its IFFs (identify friend or foe) signal as a Diplomatic vessel of the Iron Republic?

Lt. Palomedes declares a base alert when Sector General Stark transmits that his stolen FoF Mothership just left Kyrpos and arrived on the other side of known space to defend his holdings on Refuge.

Lt. Palomedes was ready, he turned his comma to signal Captain Axis and General Garmin Fe. Their forces would be needed for the coming fight.

---
This mission is open to IR and TRILAT players (and anyone they invite to help)

Post your plan to this mission on either the defenders or attacker's side here on this thread only. First person to post gets a single extra repost later to launch secret attacks, ambushes etc. All other players get one post only. This thread will be locked at 11 pm E.S.T. on Friday July 15th.

Only actions listed on this mission thread will count as locked in for player actions.

Please create your own threads in your forums to discuss battle plans.

Admin
Admin

https://darkrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Empty Week 8 Hunt – They Prey on Sentinel Station 3

Post  CaptainAxis Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:37 am

Captain Axis has waited for this moment for some time. Much preparation had gone into this. “Only one can call itself the fleet of Fate”, he snarled. “My moment as the Knight as Fate has finally come”. Axis began to commune with the coming vessel: “Supposed “fleet of fate”, recently, you contacted me in hopes I would join you in your attack on this reality. At this point I’m sure that it’s obvious that I respectively decline your offer. Not for any moral reasons, I’m not what any one would consider a good guy, it’s that your plan of conquest I feel is doomed should you attack. I offer instead this: As the Knight of Fate and the 1st Knight of Kasanth I say go back to your own reality, do not destroy yourselves in this foolish crusade. Or, join us, join the Trilat. There is much we can offer each other. Don’t be fools and be obliterated. Take one of my two offers or your Fate will be annihilation.

Should they not take either offer (which I am shore they won’t) here is my plan of action.

Using the resources of sentinel 3, I will have the 2500 fighters converted into 2000 Nodachis and 500 to Kamikaze’s. All will be equipped with Blitz Drives. 20 will ram into the mother ship, barrel through and drop chill bombs, after they have gone off, 100 of the Kamikaze’s will ram into the Mother Ship for boarding purposes . Each Kamikaze Ship Team will consist of 4 Goo Warrior Annihilators and 4 Techno Broken that have been equipped Power Armor shell upgrade with the Totaling 400 Techno Broken, 400 Annihilators. They will kill all of the crew and attempt to take the ship. Should they not be able to, one of the Kamikazes will be equipped with a Void Bomb to destroy it. All the Annihilators and TB’s have had parts taken for Resurrection later, all have been briefed on the strong possibility of not returning.

The remaining Kamikazes will lay in wait and use the ramming and boarding technique on any Capital Ship that comes out of the Mother Ship. Same type of boarding party for each kamikaze (4 Annihilators, 4 TB’s).

40 of the Nodachis will be deployed with Void Bombs. Any enemy fighters that emerge will be herded into large clusters by the other Nodachis, then they will blitz away as the Void Bomb armed Nodachis fire their weapons.

The Sentinel 3 itself has been equipped with Void sharp metal flack cannons and Gauss Cannons with void metals cores. Also, should any troops get onto the station, they will be greeted by 10000 Annihilators.

Nodachi’s will also herd the ships into or near by several traps that will be deployed such as void shrapmetal traps, void netting, and chill bombs.

20 of the Dreadnoughts I possess will be deployed to aid the Nodachi’s and kamikazes. Also, I am deploying my newest ship. The Shi Buringia Super Capital ship. It will approach the Mothership and emit a fog like vapor that causes nightmares to form from it. It will also destroy any ships that come to aid the Mothership. The Capital Ship will also deploy a new AI troop I have created called the Shi Buringia. They will aid the TB’s and Annihilators .

I will also use the Knight of Fate Upgrade to try and counter the enemy’s attacks, defenses, counter attacks, etc.

Finally, I will deploy 100 of my Satellites to patrol the surrounding areas in case of any ambushes.

CaptainAxis
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Empty Re: Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3

Post  Palomedes Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Lt. Palomedes stares in shock at the most impressive display of power he has ever witnessed.

He grabs the comm and orders, "All IR forces pull back and give Captain Axis room to maneuver."

Turning to Sgt. Makkan, the young LT says, " Now I understand why he is called the Knight of Fate"

Ooc- yes I know we shouldnt reference others actions in a mission thread, but I give up my reward in this mission just so can give accolades to Captain Axis in character. Cheers Captain Axis. I am impressed OOC and In character.

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Left_bar_bleue150/150Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Empty Re: Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3

Post  blackheartsecurity Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:34 pm

If the fleets of fate were really a mean version of the unity like he had heard whispered in reports he shouldn't have been allowed to read, then Childeens biggest fear is all the ultra-hi tech weapons systems and star ships, and hell even sentinel station itself, that the IR and Unity used would get hacked and turned on the ones that the FoF couldn't hack.

A flotilla of fighters and 2 vespa freighters scrambled from Druzi would make their way to Sentinel III. childeens biggest concern would be being hacked. Not much fear of that in the thirty or so stillettos which were as simple as a starfighter could be. Hopefully the 50 or so aegis fighters and 20 machetes would be good enough if they turned off their radios and used Neliff communicators (if available) or hand held radios to communicate.

The Vespas would ask permission to dock from Sentinel station. They would try to convince all the non-clones on the station to evacuate and leave the defense of the station on the IR side to the very competent Alpha brethren sergeant of the Guard.

After the Vespas left the fighters would be tasked to whoever was in command of the defense.

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:21 am

The fleets of fate finally came. Garmin was once told that should they make themselves apparent, it would only be when they were convinced that they could not be defeated.

Sentinel Station 3, a planetary-sized fortress purposefully placed in their way, was heavily defended by an allied front. This however, would not be enough to stop them. To stop the Fleets of Fate, one needed an element of surprise. Or, point-of-fact, a series of surprises.

Meanwhile...

The clone of Kha’z’hak Muir, one of the few that assaulted the Moon of Ryn Lac, lay sleeping. An instant later he awoke. His original body destroyed by an attack by a mothership. Coughing and weak the warrior knew it might only be a matter of time till it happened. He looked sternly at the ceiling and waited to see if he could feel for the very instant it occurred. Kha’z’hak Muir had always been the bravest of his ilk and nobody could refuse him the assignment to Sentinel Station 3 once it became known what was being asked. No hope of resurrection through layes.

Kha’z’hak Muir thought he could sense the pull of his soul as it entered his new body. Off on another world a cannon was fired and Kha’z’hak suddenly felt colder and somewhat lonely. He felt the moment but could not pin point it either. Kha’z’hak had served his nation to the full extent for which it could ask, in return, the walking memory of himself would be endowed with a blacken-steel armor. He would lead a platoon of men and women, forever known as the Beacon City Black Guardians.

[The 200 Jotun Mark 2 fighters already defending the base will NOT utilize the surge platforms attached to the planet. It is assumed that the FoF know about these and hing their plans on disabling the immobile weapons platforms located on the moon. Instead the fighters will keep their mobility and attack head on. They will be assisted by 100 Jotun Mark1 w/ EMP missiles, an additional 125 Jotun Mark2, 350 Sagitae, and 30 Grex fighters. 805 fighters in all. There objective will be to swarm and take down all the supporting vessels to the mother ships. 6 Unity Dreadnoughts and 17 Arcturus Warships will be held in reserve as a second and final wave. Only once the final wave has been initiated will the Jotuns utilize the surviving surge platforms. Should strikes upon the fortress take out twenty or more men of Beacon City, Vengeance cannons will be used strike back at the commanding minds behind the Mothership attacks.]

Last edited by GeneralGarminFe on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Oleifera Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 am

After the encounter with the Quall fleet, the Troubadours had become quite popular with the Dreadnaught crews. The guide Builders asked Oleifera whether they should return to Bodhi 1, and received a negative. "Stay with our ally," Oleifera told them. "Bolster their courage. Also, if possible, introduce their foes to our song. Perhaps this battle can be won before more shots are fired." The glistening light arrays of their dorsal phosphorescent glands twinkled merrily at the crew from the outside of the portholes, and seeing one pass by was considered quite lucky. A couple of the technicians boasted in the mess hall that they'd taught their "pet" Toubadour tricks, and bets were being placed as to the veracity of that statement when the alert sounded, and the fleet prepared to jump.

[Two Troubadours will stay with each Dreadnaught, and position themselves near the bridge. One will sing War Song, the other will sing Protective song. They will attempt to use the entire ship as a reverberating speaker for maximum sound dispersal.

The rest of the Troubadours will approach the enemy ship silently, without any glow, to blend in with the starscape. If it is faster, they will temporarily latch on to the Jotuns/fighters for a ride, singing Protective Song on the entry. They will attach to the main ship, evenly distributed over the hull, and sing the Builder's Song at maximum volume. If this prevents retaliation, they will remain. If this fails, they will release the hull and attempt to latch onto enemy fighters, two per fighter, and sing the Builder's Song and the Lullaby of Night. If the fighters retreat, the Troubadours will latch on again and sing Protective song until the fighters reach their docking bays, and the Troubadours will reattach to the Dreadnoughts, still singing.]

Oleifera
Oleifera

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Prime considered his options regarding the Fleets of Fate. His gut instinct was to do nothing, but the more he considered it, the more he questioned. There were so many of his instincts that he could not rely on. Prime was synthetic. Mortal though, and about to enjoy a fantastic meal with Layne Yr.

The battle belonged to Captain Axis, and the dice would fall where they would. However, the Sentinel Station would need assistance. It was an incredible weapon, possibly the only battle computer capable of combating the power of Fate, but it required a shield. This was why Prime made the Apostles, after all.

It was not a given that there would be much communication between Axis and the Fleets of Fate. Axis didn't strike Prime as the kind to mince words with those who would control him. No, he would strike at them, despite the power of Fate. It was one of his more excellent qualities.

Prime keyed the appropriate command codes, and two Apostles jumped to the battle, one on either side of the Sentinel Station, though hundreds of miles apart. They would protect all allied ships, allowing them to strike. They would also send Epistles into the battle and between capital ship lines if it occurred, shredding fighters, flying infantry, or missiles, the ship might strike with.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 8 Hunt - They Prey on Sentinel Station 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:49 am

At that climactic moment when everything seemed the most dire, former Sector General Stark arrived aboard his new flagship The Shield of Refuge. The former fleet of fate Mothership opened its docking bay doors and from it flew wing after wing of modified cloaking Gunpod Starfighters.

They screened the allied vessel in trouble, using hit and run tactics to draw the FoF warframes away.
The Shield of Refuge activated its beam weapon cutting through the closest FoF Mothership.

Over all channels the voice of Stark could be heard,

"Thanks for not coming to look for me when I went missing. Do you know how much it sucks to get trapped in the outer pull of a Blackhole!! Weeks spent spinning with engines straining to prevent us from getting pulled towards its consuming gullet. And you know who was the only one to contact me?
A Quall Queen because she wanted technology from me. Good to know the universe cares.
Luckily for you all an ascended being saved my arse and led me to some heroes who helped me jack a Fleet of Fate Mothership.
Now I'm back!!!"

At that moment another two FoF Motherships would fire their beam weapons and the Shield of Refuge exploded in a brilliant flash

Then it reappeared behind the FoF. To those watching it was obvious that the ship's crew were using Light Leyas to hide their presence and create illusions, and turning on and shutting off obscurements to throw off those viewing it using Leyas Sight.

Another two FoF ships followed after the Shield of Refuge back through the temporal wormhole.

The allied vessel had escaped in the interim and the Shield of Refuge dropped its Leyas based invisibility, revealing it had only been an obscured illusion that fled into wormhole.

Acting the bodyguard the Shield of Refuge helped the allied vessel limp away while the allied forces closed in on the enemy forces.

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum