Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Maehl Holdings

2 posters

Go down

To Maehl Holdings Empty To Maehl Holdings

Post  Damien Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Greetings,

My name is Damien Ettondira, and I am the Corporate President of Terrovaea Industries. I know I say Corporate President, but at the moment, iI don't actually have a set business plan in action yet. Just recently, though, I was approached by another person who suggested, to me, what sounds like a fairly decent business plan. The problem is that, in order to put the suggested venture into play, i'm going to need to acquire some supplies and equipment. However, the funds I would need to set this plan into motion are currently non-existent. As I understand it, you may be able to help remedy the problem i'm having, or at least make it a little better.

If there's anything you can do to help, or even just some advice you can give, anything would be more than appreciated.

Damien Ettondira
Corporate President of Terrovaea Industries
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
To Maehl Holdings Left_bar_bleue100/100To Maehl Holdings Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

To Maehl Holdings Empty Re: To Maehl Holdings

Post  MaehlHoldings Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:12 am

Dear Damian,

I'm a huge believer in Free Systems enterprise. Swing by my offices and let's meet in person. We can talk business, work out mutually beneficial details, and we'll work out details. If you need a pick up, let my executive assistant Karmine know and he'll set up the details.

As you prepare for this meeting, be prepared to answer the following questions:
1) what are your assets?
2) what niches can you fill, irrespective of what your assets are
3) what is your dream and or vision?
4) what are your limitations, beyond money?

I await your response.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

-----------

On the appointed day and time, Su was waiting for the CEO of the new corporation Terranovea. It was strange how someone could get together the resources to put something like this together but not have a clear vision. Then again, get a few freighters, a convoy to protect them and viola, have goods will travel. Maehl's office was austere, with only a few consoles, a desk, two oversized potted plants, three chairs, one of which was deceptively large, and a single antique clock on the wall. The office definately appeared purely functional, except for the two plants, which must have been his interior decorator imposing his will on the otherwise bare office. On the side bureau were a few bottles of wine, a pitcher of water, and several clean glasses.

Maehl himself was dressed in a fine business suit, tailored to the style of 2220. It had some classical elements to it, but thrown in a very noveau Free Systems pinache way, particularly the shoes. He wore a brilliant smile, a gaudy watch, and a perfect hairdo that bordered on professional and posh. Maehl waited, at his desk, for Damian to arrive.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
To Maehl Holdings Left_bar_bleue125/125To Maehl Holdings Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 am

Not really one for flashy clothes, Damien runs a hand through his black hair as he walks towards the door of Su Maehl’s office. He's wearing a pair of relatively plain black dress shoes, a pair of black dress slacks, and a white button down shirt. No tie. He doesn’t like ties, the way they don’t really serve a purpose. Thinking now about his clothes, he’s almost upset that he has these dark grey wings. Not only does he not like how the open back shirts look for trying to look professional, it also makes it tough to wear a suit coat. He likes the look of suit coats. And without one, he almost feels like he’s underdressed. Like walking into a school reunion, not a business meeting.

Remembering where he is, he turns his thoughts towards things that would be more important at the time. He needed to figure out how he was going to get together the stations he needed, and supply them in the necessary manner, so that this idea would come to be a success. He didn't have the assets to set this up on his own. And the faster he figured all this out, the faster he'd be able to pay back those he was going to end up owing. Speaking of people he was going to owe...

What would this man be like? Being as Maehl is an established businessman, Damien could easily picture a stern faced, overly serious, large bald man sitting behind a desk, smoking a cigar. He shuddered a bit. “Hopefully, I don’t end up like that after years of trying to run a company,” he whispers silently.

Besides, Su Maehl can’t be too bad a guy, if he’s willing to meet and assist in the start-up of this business venture. Over-weight and bald, maybe. But overly serious? In fact, when he got the response from Su, Damien almost got a sense that, yes, the man was serious, but also a tad bit… Laid back, maybe? He would have to wait only a few more moments to find out.

Focusing on the task at hand again, when he first set up this meeting, he talked to Karmine, who introduced himself as Maehl’s Executive Assistant. Damien remembered being told to knock first, and then enter, as Su would be waiting for him. So, as instructed, he knocked, and opened the door. As he stepped into the office, he takes a quick glance around at the furnishings in the room, then turns his attention to the Earther sitting behind the desk.

“Well, I was wrong on the fat and bald idea,” he mutters to himself. Then, he steps into the room, closes the door behind himself and moves towards the desk with a hand outstretched.

“Damien Ettondira. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
To Maehl Holdings Left_bar_bleue100/100To Maehl Holdings Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:03 pm

As Damien walked into his office, the first thing that struck him was that a human being was not standing before him. In it stead was a strange winged creature, with some human elements but otherwise completely alien. Su quickly reviewed his seminar on Polar Expansan beings, and remembered the name of this creature before him. Baribur, native to The Penal Colony. Interesting, Su thought to himself.

Maehl got up from his seat, walked around his desk to meet his guest at the middle of the office, shake his hand, and then show him a seat. He offered his guest a drink, either wine or water, and poured two glasses of Damien's choice; one for him and one for his guest. Su looked at his guest, who looked nervous but confident. He liked that in people; overcome their feelings for belief in what they are going to do.

Su sat back down at his desk, taking a sip of his drink, leaning back in his chair almost casually and said, "While normally I like to exchange pleasantries, I do want to get down to business, because I have a feeling this conversation will be a long one, and I have an event to get to this evening." Su paused for a moment before continuing, "I hope you thought of the answers to my question, because they will be relevant in our conversation. I'm impressed that you were able to manage enough resources to become licensed in the Free Systems and get together a small merchant fleet. That is not an easy task. All the more formidable considering you may or may not have a clear goal in mind. Unlike others in the field of business, I can appreciate that. Once upon a time I was in a similar position, and due to a series of fortuitous circumstances, I became the richest man outside of the Iron Republic and owner of the largest IRLC. I hope that explains at least some of why I'm being what may appear to be generous with my time. I have many reasons, too many of which to explain at the moment, but suffice it to say that it is always in my best interests to promote industry throughout the Polar Expanse. Which leads me to a most important question," Su says as he takes a sip of his drink, "what is it you want to do? What is your vision?"

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
To Maehl Holdings Left_bar_bleue125/125To Maehl Holdings Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Damien took a sip of wine, and sat when and where Su Maehl gestured. Listening carefully to what Su has to say, he waits patiently for his turn to talk. When the question, “What is it you want to do? What is your vision?” is asked, he stops and thinks for a second, about how to best put it into words.

“Well, first off, I want to thank you for your time, and I assure you I’ll do everything I can to see that this is over with as quickly as possible. Secondly, I want you to know that, this isn’t really my vision. It is now, but originally, this idea was someone else’s. This someone got in contact with me not long after I took over Terrovaea Industries, and told me he had a joint business venture he wanted to discuss. I talked with him, and the whole thing sounded like it would be a good idea. But I’m rambling…”

“Space stations,” Damien says, getting back on track. “The idea is, in order to better supply the enormous number of privateers currently in operation, we want to set up a series of trading posts. Model-T stations set-up so that ships can dock, re-fuel, re-stock goods, repair if they need, re-arm, and go. Make it easier for them to get the things they need to survive out in the black.”

He takes another sip from his glass, then adds, “Also, this person made mention of ice cream, and how most privateers wouldn’t be caught at U-Mart, due to the “family friendly” nature of the place. And, well, what if they want ice cream?”
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Su listened to the Baribur's idea. At first glance, it was a good idea. It had a solid premise and Maehl Holdins could in some way, shape, or form make all of it happen easily.

Su paused for a moment before answering. "Too small. Think bigger."

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Damien sat in quiet for a moment. He felt like he might have just been denied everything. He thought this was a sound business plan, but here was this man telling him, "No, too small." After a moment or two, he spoke.

"Think big? I'm not exactly sure what you mean... So instead of space stations... Moons?"
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:10 am

Su chortled at the Baribur's response, and smiled brightly at the Damien.

"That's not what I meant by thinking bigger, but I like how you think." Su took a moment to regain his even composure before continuing. "Your plan isn't bad, not at all. It's just that it has limited growth potential." Su took another sip from the wine that Damien had chosen. "Look, I don't want to bust your chops, so I'll be direct. You've escaped The Penal Colony, you've managed to gain some resources in the process, and you have a potentially strong idea. And when I tell you, too small, I'm telling you there's a much greater scope you can aspire to. While I could just bankroll your idea and make it into a million ghaz a month earner I wouldn't be doing you any service by leaving it at that." Su readjusted his weight, and moved forward into his seat, looking directly into the Baribur's eyes, "so when I say, think bigger, I'm asking you what you want to accomplish and through how many different methods can you think of to get there." Maehl let the word sink in, leving silence and givvng the man before him the opportunity to think and respond.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Damien sat in silence for a minute or two. He didn't really have any other goal. Not at the moment, anyways. He was sure that, at some point down the line, he'd have something bigger he'd want to do, but for now, just getting something at all was good for him.

"I thank you, Su, for your help in this. I do. but, I think for the moment, i'd like to get this off the ground and running. I don't have anything else i want to accomplish right now. Right now, my concern is getting some form of corporate income, so that my company doesn't fall apart."

Damien took another sip of wine, and continued. "However, i do appreciate you wanting to assist me in starting something more. Something better. but, alas for now, better will have to wait. At least until i decide what better is. At such a time, i will be in contact with you, if you're still willing to help me get the better idea up and running."

He pauses, looking like he's unsure of something. "One million ghaz a month... How many stations would i need to get that?"
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:44 am

Su paused before responding.

"Doesn't matter. Before we sweat the details, I have one last question to ask. Answer me honestly and I'll make you a millionaire more times over than you can imagine." Su took one last gulp from his wine glass before continuing, "Why? It doesn't appear you're compelled by a specific idea or business plan, so why do it? And don't tell me it's just about the money, because the money is always a means to an end. Tell me this and we'll talk details regarding your plan, it's limitations, and how I plan on overcoming them."

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:51 am

"Why?" Damien sips again as he ponders. "Why not? The way i see it, this universe runs the way it does, in part, because we have these private operators who are willing to go out and do the odd jobs, or the tough jobs. Or, and this the most important part in my eyes, the jobs that are largely frowned upon. I think that the things they need to do their jobs should be made more readily available to them. Better weapons, faster repairs, and the like. This is just my way of helping out."
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:12 am

Why not? The words hit Su Maehl rather unexpectedly. Just as he was about to speak his mind on the irresponsibility of such a carefree attitude, he suddenly realized who he was speaking to. A baribur, not a human, sat before him. Su realized, in that singular moment, that he was judging Damien on human behaviors. It was unfair, and Su regretted it immediately.

"Ok, fair is fair. Ice cream, guns, gas and space stations. Is that what we're talking about? Did you know that U-Mart sells 441 flavors of ice cream? About a third of them are vanilla. It's amazing how beans and milk from different corners of the universe affect flavor. I'm rather proud of that, ya know. But I digress." Su gestured emphatically, "there are two problems you have with your actual plan. The first is that it requires a lot of start-up capital. The second is that the return on investment is somewhat limited, because your business directly competes with another company, Casablanca Station."

Su let the thought sit for a moment.

"So this is how your business is going to work. While you can't access 98% of known space, you can make a decent profit off the other 2%. Once you have that going, and it's generating a profit, you can think of other projects. We'll outfit your stations with catering and entertainment from InterGalactic Entertainment (IGE), who produces much of the food products for U-Mart. You'll get your "sundry" items from suppliers such as Blackheart Securities. We'll get Banking Guild representatives to cover basic banking needs, and have a formal U-Mart store. You can then rent rooms and space of differing rates, and then offer some other forms of more salacious entertainment, should you choose to offer it. Your primary profits, in turn, will be for sundry items, gas, and board. The other offerings are marketing ploys that serve to bring in the customers."

Su enters basic information into a computer system at his desk. "To answer your final question, I don't know. You could do it with as few as three, and may require as many as 10. What it really depends on is how you market your services."

Su paused, but did not allow Damien to speak just yet. "The major hitch in this plan is that you'll have to request permission to operate out of Kasanth, Unity territory, Ft. Lendill, and the Draco. I'd recommend no less than 1 per area, and then base future expansion on that. So that all said, what is your first question?"

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:59 am

Damien sits back in the chair, and thinks for a moment. At first he's relieved. It looks like this is going to happen, but then the reality of the fact set in. Now there was a whole new set of problems that needed resolving. The most pressing, in his mind, was as Su said...

He drinks the last of the glasses contents, and begins. "First, i need to know how to fix that 'major hitch' you mentioned. In order to set this up on the wide scale that i envisioned, you're right. I'd have to operate out of these areas, and that was something i didn't even contemplate. Who will i need to talk to in order to get the permission i'll need?"

"Also, i think you should know, i have someone who's willing to fund five of these Model-T stations for my use in this venture. So that's one thing, at least for now, that we won't have to worry about getting. Just outfitting them for the way i'm going to use them."

"And another thing, is U-Mart ice cream specific? Because i was thinking of providing a wider range of food products and the like, should they be necessary."
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:55 am

"Well, since you can't operate out of the Iron Republic, the biggest hitch doesn't even exist for you right now. The Draco Constellation is controlled by the EEF, which is funny because they're just a military operation that doesn't necessarily provide or deny business license. You will, however, most likely have to request permission from the office of Field Marshall Strykker for parking a Space Station in the middle of their territory. Admiral Layne Yr is the person of interest in the Kasanthian Federation. When you correspond with her, overwhelm her with superlatives. She's narcissistic like that. For the Unity I'd recommend you contact both Unity Prime and General Garmin Fe. They represent distinctive aspects of the Unity that can both serve you well. For now, avoid contacting house Mogherson of Ft. Lendil and stick with the Suarm instead. Mor'aye'ahn is as good a contact as any, though you may have to contact Lil'aye'ahn as well."

Su pondered for a moment as to how to speak next.

"Damien, I perhaps neglected to advise you how this will all really work. So before I continue, I need to make it abundantly clear. You are hereby granted the rights and accesses to the Free Systems by me. I did so prior to our meeting. You do, however, have an important choice to make, right here and now. I can answer the rest of your questions later. The aforementioned territories, with the exception of Ft. Lendil (to their detriment, might I add), rely heavily on Maehl Holdings for a variety of services and in order to significantly boost their economies. I am willing to allow you to utilize my extensive network, which will all but guarantee your economic success. What I ask for, however, is significant. Terrovea Industries will become a subsidiary of Maehl Holdings. It will not have IRLC license, but I will support all capital gains development for your company and provide the rights and accesses granted to me by the aforementioned territories. No lloans required, no stymied growth, and an extensive network of services and companies at your disposal for discounted rates. The cost to you is thirty percent of net profits. However, I can invest in your business, today, with a snap of my fingers, 50 million ghaz. And I can do so without blinking, doing creative accounting, or anything else that other options available to you can do. I will provide capital support, leaving you to focus on company and product development." Su sat back for a moment and breathed in, and continued. "U-Mart produces every non-military product available in the universe. IGE does food, catering, and entertainment. These two enterprises, along with room, and ship replenishment, will for the core of your business. Neither U-Mart nor IGE will provide the greatest yields in profit, but people won't go to you because you'll sell them a gun at a good price, they'll go because they're in the galaxy, need to refuel and perform ship maintenance, a good meal, and clean bed to bang out a hooker for the evening. Once they're docked, high yield sundries can be sold at good profits. And for everything other than those high yield products, I'm pretty much the only person in the universe that can give it to you." Su inhaled, "Your other option is to go out on your own, not receive the integrated services I offer, and be left out to fend for yourself. I'll lead you in the right directions, of course, and act in whatever mentorship role you may request of me, but there will be no formal business partnering or provision of goods and services."

Su let what he said sink in. Just as Damien was about to speak, he interjected one final thought, "Before you respond, I just wanted to say that I know I drive a hard bargain, but I do right by my subcompanies. One year ago I started off with just a few freighters and an idea. I am now the largest IRLC in the Polar Expanse with thousands upon thousands of ships and tons of companies working symbiotically. I've helped dozens of entrepreneurs in the past, and am willing to offer you the same. I allow for significant autonomy within specific guidelines, and provide many benefits to my employees and subcompanies. At first 30 percent may seem high, but considering what I offer, it's pittance to the money you would otherwise be making without me. I've said my peace. What do you think?"

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:56 am

"Well, the way i see it, i can work with you, with your numerous contacts and seemingly unlimited resources. Or i can go out on my own, and ask you for advice now and again. Thirty percent or not, the success seems to lie in working with you, as a subsidiary. That, and it will probably be simpler, as you already have the contacts and access to the goods i seek. I do have to ask, however. Just because i'd be a subsidiary of Maehl Holdings, i would still retain ownership of my company. My fleet, be it what i have now, or what i acquire in the future, they, and my planet, remain mine, right?
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:30 pm

"Here's how it'll work, Damien. All of the products owned by you, personally, are always yours. They will be included in the paperwork indicating that all current holdings will retain in your possession, irrespective of what the future may hold. You retain leadership of your company, but I acquire the right to a managing interest in your company. When I see fit, I can make certain executive decisions when it comes to expanding the scope of your company within accepted parameters. These circumstances are limited, and essentially the right exists so that when I have a client that needs the services of your company in conjunction with other services provided by Maehl Holdings or its subsidiaries, I can do so at the prerogative of Maehl Holdings to ensure all clients' needs are met. To give a specific example, although InterGalactic Entertainment is run as a subsidiary, I am imposing the expansion of its services to include servicing your company in their catering needs for our clients. Of course, capital influx is provided to accommodate the same, and often at the expense of Maehl Holdings. While it is a beneficial decision, it does technically override the CEO of IGE."

Su took a drink of water, to create a natural pause.

"The fine print is if your company fails to produce a profit in two successive quarters, adhere to company operating protocols, or adversely affect the IRLC status of Maehl Holdings. In those cases, we reserve the right to abolish the brand, integrate services in any manner we see fit, and remove you from leadership. As stated above, if this were to occur, you walk away with exactly what you have now. However, the fine print is only in the case of egregious breaches of protocol. The profits clause is merely to ensure that we maintain the right to ensure you're running at maximum efficiency. So, if you choose to accept these circumstances, we can talk the nitty gritty of capital purchases, short term operational planning, and other next steps."

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:48 am

"That's fair. But that doesn't answer the whole question. I understand that you'll get thirty percent, of what ever is made, and most of the rest will be used towards re-supplying the stations so they can provide the goods that they will be providing. However, i should also be putting ghaz in my pocket, so to speak If i should decide to upgrade or expand my personal fleet, using money i make through this venture, will i also retain that?"
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

Without pausing, "actually, I only keep thirty percent of net profits. That is to say that I only keep money earned after money is spent to restock and fund the company. Therefore, whatever ships are purchased for the purpose of running this enterprise fall within the purview of the company. Any ships you purchase with your own ghaz once your profit is spent is, most obviously, yours. My executive privilege does not entitle me anything over what you spend with your earnings. That, good man, would make me no better than the Iron Republic. While we all make sacrifices in order to survive, the one thing I will not do is turn this company into another version of Republic Iron. I refuse to be totalitarian in running this enterprise and have no desire to tell you, or anybody else in this company, how they need to live the minutia of their lives. Business is business, and I know business. If you want to spend your personal profits on hookers, drugs, garish ships, and Kasanthian monstrosities that suck out your soul, it is your entitlement. The only line I draw is that illegal activities are not to occur on business property, no larval implantation is allowed on any staff, and any employee subjecting themselves to demonic forces will be subject to exorcism. The short answer to your question, returning to the point at hand, is that what you come to the table with, irrespective of whether or not it is company or not, remains yours, and you're free to be as smart or as stupid with your profits as you please."

Su gave Damien a wry smile, trying to turn down the intensity of the moment. "I apologize for the intensity, but the thought of forcing my employees hands in personal decisions is extemely distasteful to me, as is the thought that I would take ownership of their personal property that has nothing to do with their employ or business. I hope this point has come across, and is a perspective you find agreeable."

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 am

Damien returned the man's smile.

"Please, don't apologize. I understand. Business is meant to be serious." He then takes a moment, to consider what's been said thus far.

"I see no reason as to why i'd turn this offer down. I'm in."

Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Su smiled even wider.

"Wonderful. So as I see it, you require capital to get your project off the ground. I can arrange that. I will make a purchase of 8 space stations. 2 for each of The Draco, Kasanth, Unity, Ft. Lendill, and the Free Systems Since Where exactly you decide to place them I leave to you. I recommend you place them strategically so that each commander and various subcommanders of each territory have access to your station. Also, it allows my staff to use them appropriately, feeding into your business as well. To service these stations I will provide you with 8 Antares, 8 Vespidae, 8 Zeus Freighters, 4 Carrion Space Transports, and 2 Banking Guild Heavy Frigates. Any additional fleet can be purchased once you start generating a profit. I will have U-Mart supply your merchant stocks, InterGalactic Entertainment will provide catering and entertainment of a more prurient nature. Salacious entertainment you must provide on your own. I advise you set up whatever lodging schemes you want to set up, though I recommend affordable, mid-range, and upper range at least. I would have some luxury suites available as well, though the majority of your clientele will most likely not use it. However, a 40% utility rate for each of those suites will more than likely pay for itself, so it's not half bad. Other sundry items that I am legally not allowed to provide, such as weapons, per IRLC law, you will be expected to procure yourself."

Su tapped his fingers at his desk, finalizing this thoughts, "oh, and while being a sub-company of Maehl Holdings entitles you to access in all territories, I'd make explicit overtures regarding your business to each group. Consider it advertising. Tell them you are a subcompany of Maehl Holdings. Tell them you're part of a new variety of services we offer clients. Don't push U-Mart on them, but rather state you have the cheapest goods available, the best quality food, variety of entertainment options, and a myriad of hospice options. Something like that. On, and IG Capital will have offices at each as well, so they can make purchases from the Banking Guild if they like. Or, more importantly, receive them. That said, you're responsible for selling your product to the masses, so do what you must. If and when I have feedback, I'll give it to you. Here are a listing of my announcements. Feel free to peruse them for ideas. They've been rather effective, if I do say so myself."

Su's eyebrows raised as he looked over paperwork, "Oh, and I don't formally have a contract with Ft. Lendill, so you're responsible for doing the same. In other words, you're on your own with that, so I'd make overtures to them more directly. Note, any contracts they sign with you they also sign with Maehl Holdings. It's the only territory where saying you're related to Maehl Holdings may or may not work in your favor. I have little advise to offer you beyond that. Sorry. However, your product is strong enough you shouldn't have a problem."

Su paused one last time to ask, "Any questions?"

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Damien sat, and stared as Su talked. When Su finished, Damien, at first, continued to stare. After about 15 seconds, he spoke.

"Yeah. You say you'll buy the stations for me to set up, but the area's you mention. Kasanth, the Free Systems, Unity, Draco, and Ft. Lendill. Am i all good to set up there, or do i still need to get their ok first? Also, when the idea was first given to me, it was mentioned to set these up in orbit of planets. Would that be wise, or should i leave them to be out in 'the middle of nowhere', so to speak..."
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:44 pm

"You need permission from Ft. Lendill. The others you have free rights and access to per Maehl Holdings' contracts. I would, however, advise you to advise each territory's leadership of your intentions, if for no other reason than as a courtesy."

Su adjusted his posture before continuing. He then entered some information into his computer module, waited a moment, and then continued, "where you put your stations is entirely up to you. I don't have concrete information if one is preferable to another. Having hubs closer to major planets will bring in more business, but it may not be the clientele you are looking for that would be making the types of big ticket purchasing you are looking for." Su smiled widely, "so it appears that I don't have all the answers for you, after all. There are just some things you'll have to figure out on your own. I can give you a research team to do some comparative analysis once operations begin, but all decisions, ultimately, fall on your shoulders. "

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:45 am

"Ok. So, from the way it sounds, i've got some people to get ahold of. Is there anything else i'll need to do?"
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:11 pm

"Only one thing, don't break any treaties. When in doubt, ask. Otherwise, go forth and make lots of ghaz." Su stood up, and offered the Baribur his hand. "Your company will have a liaison assigned to you. If you have any questions, Azziza will help you. She's great. She'll also be in charge of syncing up your company to mine. You'll get a few staff members to do the carry-over as week. You'll get your shipment in about 24 hours."

Azziza walked into the office. An Earther, petite, wearing a business suit walked over to Damien, and guided him out of the office, providing details about the integration.

Ooc - ask Azziza can answer simple operational questions. Su will answer the big questions. No need to further respond.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:45 pm

ooc: ok. just one thing real quick...
when talking to "azziza", do i just post a thread in the free systems?

Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum