Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138

3 posters

Go down

Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138 Empty Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138

Post  TheSectorGeneralDeer Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Unity and the TRILAT,

We have 15 of your Senschals. They are our P.O.W.s.

Unless you want them to go the way of the Builders under my domain, then lets start talking about a ransom.

What do you offer for their safe release?

Sector General Deer

TheSectorGeneralDeer

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138 Left_bar_bleue120/120Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138 Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138 Empty Re: Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138

Post  UnityPrime Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Sector General Deer,

I am, frankly, shocked. Past tactical engagements have taught me that when the Iron Republic, and you in particular, are involved in influencing the strategic paradigm, there are no prisoners to speak of. For that matter, the battlefield itself is usually ruined by your heavy handed tactics. Are you feeling well?

This aside, I am willing to offer a number of different options for the release of my people. Freedom is very important to us, and the idea of connected being imprisoned enrages us all.

1) A personal duel between myself and a champion of your choice. This is my favorite option, as it benefits us both. We can set terms beyond the transfer of my people, though the win condition can be that I get the POW's back and the lose condition can be that I send you one million ghaz. These points are a bit besides the point. Whoever wins the duel will gain a massive up swell of support from their people, and we both know just how valuable that is. Besides, duels are fun.

2) I will give you 500,000 ghaz for the return of the prisoners.

3) I have collected intel on a number of the firms that work for you. I can give you the data you need to prevent hacks from TN Industries, which is very involved in electronic warfare.

If I find that they have been tortured, I cannot say what the consensus will do. It will likely involve deployment of Purifiers and Prophets however. The consensus abhors the idea of torture.

Prime

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138 Left_bar_bleue120/120Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138 Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSectorGeneralDeer Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Prime,

No they aint been tortured yet.

I'm tempted to take the money, because I don't understand this whole my champion vs.your champion thing. What's to stop you from just Nanoplagueing whatever champion I choose?

I'm gonna discuss it with Palomedes and see if he understands what you are getting at.

Until then the hostages will be safe.

Sector General Deer

TheSectorGeneralDeer

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Sector General Deer,

To clarify the issue of a duel, we could offer terms ahead of time. For instance, you could ask that no nanoplauge be used, which I would consider to be a reasonable request. I might in turn, then, suggest that the duel involve no technology at all. Unarmored duels with long blades to third blood are remarkably popular at present.

Secondly, I would take part in the duel myself, I would not deign to use a champion. I sent the soldiers, and so I will work to secure their release.

Alternatively I will happily exchange the prisoners for money. I just thought it would be fun to have a friendly martial contest.

Prime

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Prime of Unity,

Deer and I have spoken in private. He doesn't understand the idea of an honor duel. There is a long tradition of trial by combat in Earther history. Only an honorable man may duel, for the end result of a duel matters not in comparison to the each action done by the two parties.

You are an honored enemy, and as long as you accept my conditions I will meet you at a neutral site.

There are gladiator pits on the independent Lost Hope Space Station. It is a neutral station held by the Banking Guild. Our contest of arms shall be televised on the holonets.

Here are my conditions three, old chap.

Condition 1 Neither side will use the Leyas or other supernatural benefits.

Condition 2 Neither side will use technology or advanced or altered/artificed weapons.

Condition 3 It shall be a simple contest of skill to three wounds using naked steel (basic swords)

I choose a trusty rapier.

You and I Prime, all will see if this old man still bears a blade with honor.
If these terms are accepted I will make arrangements with the Banking Guild.
Deer defers to my judgement on matters of honor.

Until swords cross,
Sector General Palomedes

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138 Left_bar_bleue150/150Prisioner Transfer Cell block 1138 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:49 pm

*Note: This happens before/concurrent to the mission*

Sector General Palomedes,

I am looking forward to this duel! I will forgo the traditional Unity harmonic dueling blade for a rapier. So we are clear on the terms, I have offered 750,000 ghaz up for if I lose. If I win, the fifteen prisoners go free.

The Iron Republic continues to surprise me.

Prime
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum