Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only)

+2
GeneralGarminFe
Admin
6 posters

Go down

PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Empty PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only)

Post  Admin Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:05 am

The Unity Probes hanging over the pools of magma at the edge of the Continent of Dead Quall had a tough job. They had to take accurate readings while facing heat equal to the inside of a volcano, a hard enough job if they weren't under constant attack from Flayers.
When they picked up the huge mass of Flayers moving towards their positions, they sent out an automatic alert to all Unity connected and the nearby forts of Quall Hunters. These Children of the Falosini have armed themselves with special crossbows that could survive the immense heat of the other dimension, and artificed shields to allow them safe breathable air and to keep them from dying from the heat were necessary as well.
Garmin Fe, leader of the Continent of Dead Quall defense force, awoke in what constituted night on the dimension, a slight lessening of the immense heat, and a darkening of the sky. Two thousand Flayers and Pit Mongrels were assaulting the beaches at the eastern coast near Fort Iceheart. Two thousands Flayers and Pit Mongrels were also attacking the western coast at the peninsula near Fort Whitecap.
But it was the sighting of strange new Neo-flayer starfighters and a Horn Starcruiser modified to survive the heat that concerned all who saw the reports.
As the Sagittae Starfighters left their docking bays across the continent, and the Arcturus Warships moved into position, battle would soon be joined.
The reason for this attack is unknown by the TRILAT.
The IR is attempting a pincer attack on the Continent of Dead Quall, in the Land of the Quall N'drone, on the dimension of Kyrpos.
The landscape is flat obsidian, and most of the structures are made of smoothed obsidian and lavarock. An extensive trenchsystem lines the lava beaches of the continent, manned by brave Children of the Falosini armed with artificed weaponry, and more technomantic weapons like magi cannons, and Eye Spy based Leyas turrets.

This mission is open to Iron Republic players and TRILAT Players (Unity, Kasanthian Federation, and Angels of Desolation) only.
Post your plan to this mission on either the defenders or attacker's side here on this thread only. First person to post gets a single extra repost later to launch secret attacks, ambushes etc. All other players get one post only. This thread will be locked at 11pm E.S.T. on Friday March 4th. Only actions listed on this mission will count as locked in for player actions.
Remember the Continent of Dead Quall has Frost Generators that will kill unprotected Quall N'drone and Quall N'fel.

Admin
Admin

https://darkrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Empty Defense: General Garmin Fe's Preperations

Post  GeneralGarminFe Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 pm

I will deploy my war giants and technomancers to the continent via the arches outside Beacon City valley. From there we will bolster the anti-air and ground defenses. Meanwhile, I'll take my compliment of starships obtained through Unity and launch them at the Neo-flayer starfighters and Horn Starcruiser. The primary objective it to target the modified sections of the cruiser first.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Left_bar_bleue120/120PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Empty Re: PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only)

Post  UnityPrime Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:38 am

The Quall come, but the Unity is prepared. We were born for this fight.

The Unity will set up layers of static defenses with hundreds of Builders. Seneschals will assist them in rigging the continent to rupture and split into a number of islands, each of which will be fitted with a levitation core. These ruptures will be caused by kinetic generators, and will set off chill mines as they change the landscape. This landscape destruction will be engineered to inflict maximum casualties. The positions which will become islands will be fitted with extra defensive guns and frost generators. Each Island defensive area will be guarded by two Guardian defensive platforms. It must be noted that the ruptures will not be triggered until the battle commences, so it can be a great surprise.

50 Sagittae and one Dreadnaught will be held in reserve for this fight. The Dreadnaught will be given heat shielding. If a target of opportunity arises, the Dreadnaught will quickly make two energy briges, and will lock the targets with its grappling tethers. After the blurred shadow brings the targets through, the waiting Sagittae will tear the targets to shreds.

Additionally, the continent of dead quall will be seeded with ancient stone golems. They will be seeded deep in the earth, monitoring for digging attacks in the fashion they were designed to do long ago. Stealthy Unity spider-mechs and eye spies will be used to monitor the field for any stealthy incursions, and to provide real-time battle information. Further, the space will be warded against fire leyas by talented members of the Unity. We want no surprises coming behind out lines.

The explosions will occur once allies are clear of an area, and allies will be made aware of the changing battlefield. Once the Obsidian islands are free, they will move towards Quall settlements before deploying frost generators over the area. Three of these islands will contain quall reprocessing centers, where quall minds will be scanned, their memories extracted, their genetic material harvested. These components will be used to reconstruct the races that came before. The memories of their time as Quall will be highlighted as artificial, or those of another, whilst their previous memories and gratitude to the TRILAT will be brought to the fore.

If Praetorians can be constructed to be heat resistant on site, they shall be manufactured and brought to the battle in whatever number as is possible. The goal is 600.

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Left_bar_bleue120/120PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Empty <AUTOMATED TRANSMISSION>

Post  TheIllusiveM.D. Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:49 am

[BEGIN TRANSMISSION]

75 Sagittae fighters from my compliment will be joining Unity's positions, in addition to one of my capital ships (heat-shielded, of course). 50 of the fighters and the cruiser will reinforce the Unity's defensive holding pattern, ready to render assistance as required by the commanders present in the field; they are yours as long as required. The remaining 25 Sagittae are from my scout squadrons; they are tasked with reconnaissance of the battle theatre, rapid communication of changing conditions, and rapid interdiction duties.

Luck.

M.D.

[END TRANSMISSION]
TheIllusiveM.D.
TheIllusiveM.D.

Character sheet
Army Morale:
PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Left_bar_bleue100/100PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Empty Re: PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only)

Post  TheSectorGeneralDeer Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:50 am

As the battle commences the Horn Starcruiser's cannon shall ignore all threats instead focusing on pounding any emplacements into rubble. Once a path is clear, the third wave will be sent in, Brethren in Fury Power Armor who will make wide sweeping attacks using plasma cannons. If any defenders remain, every one in ten will carry an I.R. MPG Launcher and will begin pounding those defenders with a heavy helping of missile guided grenades.
Two special Furies will be sent along with each squad of 10, these two Brethren will be armed with magnetic grapple guns. Their first and only goal is to collect specimens of the Frost Generator. If they collect at least five sample frost generators, they will begin collecting crystal implants used by Garmin Fe's forces for more study.
Since I will be sending in 20 squads of these Brethren in Fury flying power armor, that gives me hopefully 40 chances to grab a Frost Generator and escape with it.
And if not then we fall back on the HiveQueen's schemes.
I will also keep a running tally of how many Quall get killed, and compare it to my own elite Brethren. Not to mock the Quall Hives of course, just for, scholarly knowledge.

TheSectorGeneralDeer

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:42 am

The Continent will be littered with blast proof coffins of massive proportions. On them is carved the words, so is the fate of all Quall N'drone. Some will be opened during the battle with the Flayers and Pit mongrels, and from their dark interior shall rise the most fearsome of Undead Quall N'drone. No normal undead but fully enhanced with Necrotech, these Undead Quall will rise from their graves and attack all that stinks of Quall.
They are armed only with four swords, which would be a longsword to normal man, but in the large hands of the Quall was dwarfed to the size of a gladius. What makes these swords special, is that they were void-blades, forged with the blood of Annihilators courtesy of my brave Captain Axis.
Once the Unity begins their plan, and the Continent separates into islands, the remaining coffins will be launched upward out across the lava sea towards the closest obsidian islands of Quall N'drone. Some will sink to the bottom of the lava sea, a necessary loss which one day will rise again.
Their impressive hide will be enhanced by layers of Nightmare hide. Their heads covered by skintight steel helms, which hide the Vampire Blast artifacts hidden in their empty skulls. They are artificed with cheap Protective Aura and Lavawalk artifacts and will not stop killing until all Quall are wiped out or they are destroyed.
They are the Dead Quall of Kasanth, and they will cut down the enemy, stomp on its firey bloody body until pulped and then move on to the next one, hacking, slashing and dropping as many enemy they could.

Admiral Layne Yr opened the curtain to the ancient vault, and the Nightmare flesh wall, retracted revealing a huge storage chamber filled with the coffins. She walked up, swinging her long hair and its braid-blade and cut the caution tape.
Admiral Layne Yr turned towards her Nightmare assistant.
"Record these words clearly," she said, "The Dead Quall shall be unleashed, let reality itself tremble before our might." Exclamation

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Left_bar_bleue100/100PreGame Faction Only Mission 2- The Continent of Dead Quall (TRILAT & I.R. Only) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum