Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn

2 posters

Go down

Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn Empty Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn

Post  Lil'ye'ahn Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:32 am

Lil'ye'ahn sipped her tea, enjoying the earthy taste of her own private brew. She scanned the flood of unanswered transmissions from various factions and companies on one screen, technical manuals on another, and a list of her own unstarted research proposals on a third. She shook her head, slightly overwhelmed. She was still new to the politics of space, having left the Aslyum to follow her big brother on a whim. She had thought it a great adventure, and a chance to expand her knowledge of foreign flora. Perhaps she had been better off staying on Refuge and tending her gardens. She banished the thought from her mind as soon as it appeared, knowing that at some point, her aid would be needed. She sighed, closing the research files for the time being and prepared a message to her brother.

Mor'aye'ahn,

I understand that you have been distracted by your research, ship repairs, and personal matters, however requests for alliances, colaborations, and purchases have been flooding in. If we are to grow as a nation, we must contribute to the universe whether it be to share our knowledge and aid with those who would promote peace, or to take action to oppose those who would deny it. I know you have been in talks with President Ragman and Field Marshal Strykker on treaties and research colaborations. However it seems that there is still more we could be doing to expand our list of allies. We should sit down together soon and discuss these issues. Even if this means I must come down to your lab and poke you with something sharp!
I've taken the liberty of promoting Beta Zed Tau(that funny little chatterbox everyone just calls 'Claptrap') as my personal assistant. It(he?) will need a few scientific and diplomatic file upgrades, but I'm sure we have an attachment for that.
Oh, and by the by, Lt. Barclay was the winner of the recent raffle. When I gave him his pass he just smiled and mumbled something about holosuites. Odd man even for an earther.

Lil'ye'ahn

She sent off the intership transmission, and snapped off all three screens. Finishing her tea, she rose and headed for the door. Perhaps a workout in the gym would clear her head.
Lil'ye'ahn
Lil'ye'ahn

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn Left_bar_bleue125/125Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn Empty Re: Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn

Post  Lil'ye'ahn Thu May 19, 2011 5:33 am

Lil'ye'ahn stood on the bridge of the Chameleon's Grace and opened an encrypted video transmission, a stern look upon her face.

Dearest Brother,

What was the old Earther saying? 'This is another fine mess you've gotten us into Ollie!' While I am aware that Layne can be almost as stubborn as yourself, we do not have time for wargames. I realize if left unsatisfied, she could declare an all out vendetta forcing us to divide our forces. All I am asking is that we take care of this situation quickly, so that we may deal with the real threat of the Warmonger Cult as a united front. In that interest, I am coming to Hephaestom to help you out. Besides, I would hate to see you lose your half of a shiny new planet full of factories for you to work on new toys. Which also reminds me, I have a list of mods and upgrades for Claptrap that he and I have been discussing. Poor darling gets so confused when I use Earther slang and turns of phrase. We will be arriving in orbit of Hephaestom soon. I hope by the time I get there you will have this straightened out on your own.
However do be careful, I'm sure Layne would love to have your still living head mounted on her wall.

She ended the transmission with a smirk. Heading back to her office, she mumbled to herself. "That ought to light a fire under his silly dragon tail."
Lil'ye'ahn
Lil'ye'ahn

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn Left_bar_bleue125/125Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn Empty Re: Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn

Post  Lil'ye'ahn Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 pm

*****Encrypted Video Transmission*****

Lil'ye'ahn stands at the bridge of the Chameleon's Grace, Claptrap at her side. Her face a mixture of sadness and determination.

Brother,

My sympathies on the loss of your duel. While you did not win, you showed honor and stood up for our ideals and our people. Please extend my condolences to Francis on his loss. It was a great tragedy, make sure he takes full advantage of grief counseling services when he returns home. How fares your champion? I've yet to meet him, but look forward to the opportunity. It's not often we have guests of our own kind.
On more serious notes, I know who has Viv, she is a 'guest' of UnityPrime. I've attempted to begin negotiations for her release, and once I hear back from him, I will make sure to keep you informed. Also, while the Warmonger Cult forces have been driven off our planets, I believe there may still be Kasanthian instigators hiding out. We do need to deal with Viv's people who surrendered, I'm not sure how many, if any are Kias.
First and formost however, is this blockade. Deer has as much love for us and our SUARM as he does for President Ragman and his Manslayers. Even with no Manslayers abour any of our ships, I sincerely doubt he would let us pass unscathed. IF need be, I can call in the rest of my fleet, however I see that as a last resort. I do not wish to see any more death or destruction here, too much blood, oil, and lifeforce has been spilt already.
I'm sending this not to bring more burden to you, but to keep you appraised of all situations needing OUR attention. We are in this together brother, and we will stand strong.

*****End Transmission*****
Lil'ye'ahn
Lil'ye'ahn

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Mor'aye'ahn Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:34 pm

Mor'aye'ahn stood over a microscope in his laboratory looking at the genetic samples left behind by J'khal, his eyes peering through the lenses as he studied them carefully. He wasn't sure if anyone had bothered noting the science of their race instead of simply accepting the fact that they were what they were. Beside him a holo-emitter blinked to life as Charlie appeared in his blue light form. "Pardon me Sir but we have received an encoded transmission from your sister... she said you would have the encryption key to play it."

With a resigned sigh he took his eyes off of the K'ias genetic sample and stretched. "Very well." Walking over to his work station he brought up the video file onto the monitor and typed in the encryption code. "Always comes down to games we played as children."

He smiled briefly as he saw his sisters face and then he took in her words. A mixture of anger and sadness washed over him as he realized the amount of problems that had been heaped into his life and how many of them stemmed from two candidates... Yr and Deer. Ultimately something had to be done about it, not simply the blockade but the problems with other governments and his own. Turning the video off he stood up and walked around the lab trying to think. He missed the first station that he and his NESA missiles had created. It had more facilities than his current ship and it allowed him to have more room to sculpt and paint. The problems that other people seemed to cause him kept him at a creative block and he hated that feeling. Still he had made a promise and he intended to keep his word. But first, a response was needed.

He went back to the work station and clicked on the camera "Sister dear, it is good to hear from you again, this time not in a chastising way. We will try and find a diplomatic solution to Sector General Deer however if he acts like his usual self I think actions may have to speak louder than words." He looked around his lab. "I'm back to work again, but I promise I won't ignore the problems outside of my lab or my desk again." Another pause as he lowered his head. "Sister I want you to know I'm glad that you joined me out here, you have always given me fresh perspective, and I am always supportive of family. It is lonely out here especially for our kind, that is one of the reasons why I hold the SUARM in such high regard. That is why I am currently working on means of securing their rights and our own as galactic citizens that are equal to the other races and factions. I want you to understand something very clearly... Everything that I have done, am doing, am about to do, or have yet to do is all for us all. If I am ever sought out as a villain by any of the other governments I want you to support the home I have created for us before you support me. I hope you can understand that... " He raised his head once again "There is nothing to worry about now but just remember this just in case things start to go bad." He hit in the encryption code again and sent it on it's way.
"I really hope that it will not have to come to that."
Mor'aye'ahn
Mor'aye'ahn

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn Left_bar_bleue80/100Private Transmission between Lil'ye'ahn and Mor'aye'ahn Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lil'ye'ahn Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:27 am

Lil'ye'ahn watched her brother's reply, worried to the point of fear. What could her big brother, her darling Morey be planning? He'd always been there for her, looking out for her. He had taught her about honor and duty and loyalty. Support the home before him? She had always tried to do everything she could to support and protect their home, their people.....but could she turn her back on him as he asked? 'In case things start to go bad.' he had said. He had said that to her once before, very long ago. She clutched the pendant he had made for her, just before he first left for space, promising to find them a home where they could study and experiment and live in peace. It was clockwork, tiny gears always turning within its heart shape. She had studied it for weeks after he left, turning it over and over, looking at every angle, scanning it with Leyas sight. She had never figured out what it's purpose was, but it didn't matter, it was a reminder of the simpler, happier times of their youth.
Claptrap entered her office quietly, seeing his mistress lost in memory. He gently put his hand upon her arm, his care and concern radiating a comforting warmth. 'My Lady' he began, softening his vocal processors. 'Lilly, your guests are still waiting, and we have much to do. You look very sad, was the message from your brother bad news?'
She put her hand upon his and forced a smile. 'Not yet, my friend, not yet. Now let us see to our guests. I think we will be putting them to work post haste.'
Lil'ye'ahn
Lil'ye'ahn

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum