Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb

+7
AdmiralLayneYr
ZaodonaiCelyse
GeneralGarminFe
UnityPrime
MaehlHoldings
TemporalEmpire
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb

Post  Admin Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:25 pm

The way to the Nightmare Lord Tomb has been opened and a treasure trove of wondrous artifacts of alien origin abound in the larger outer room. There is a central sarcophagus in the tomb placed thirty feet up on a step pyramid made of the bones of a giant alien being.

The sarcophagus itself was impossible to move, and had a keyhole on one side. Its hinges were also visible on the other side and were made of common lead. A scan of the sarcophagus would pickup high traces of lead, iron and platinum.

Submit specific tactical plans for reaching the tomb site, and aiding either the Kasanthian Bandit Tomb Raiders or the other factions of the Druzi Prime Fire Dome which sits on top of the tombsite.
State specific numbers of ships sent, and specific number of troops you are deploying and for what purposes.

The goal for the Kasanthian Federation is to open the sarcophagus, the goal for all others is to prevent them or others from escaping with the Nightmare Lord artifacts (unless you want to help them).

A horrible threat on the Moon of Galilie has called away all Iron Republic forces not already involved in simply maintaining the Quarantine.

This mission is open to All Players except Iron Republic players.
Post your plan to this mission on either the defenders or attacker's side here on this thread only. First person to post gets a single extra repost later to launch secret attacks, ambushes etc. All other players get one post only. This thread will be locked at 11pm E.S.T. on Friday April 1st. Only actions listed on this mission will count as locked in for player actions.

Admin
Admin

https://darkrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty Re: Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb

Post  TemporalEmpire Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Sending in two Da'uhnb warriors to spy on all that occurs.
In addition a Da'uhnb Merc will teleport in to the Tomb and defend the sarcophagus with his life.
Two more Da'uhnb Warriors will teleport to the IR ship involved in quarantine and log a distress call from the Moon of Galilie.

TemporalEmpire
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty The Welcoming Commitee

Post  MaehlHoldings Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 am

As the quarantine appears to have been lifted, Maehl Holdings (MH) uses the opportunity to do some good PR.

First, I collect donations of food, clothing, medicine, and other supplies from across the Polar Expanse, wherever MH has contracts. I post very public signs, make a few ad campaigns, and publicly collect goods.

Second, I call on all refugees that have been displaced, to return to their homes so that we may begin the healing process, as the quarantine has been lifted and the fighting around the planet has appeared to have subsided. This includes those on the Esiroh's and Casablanca Station. I provide all the transports, including 3 Colony Frigates (aka Light Pirate Frigates), and 15 freighters (one of which is Carrion Class) to ferry people back and forth as they can reclaim their homes.

Third, I publicly announce that those refugees taken to other worlds by other parties should use this opportunity to return home, as the fighting has ceased, the spreading sickness around the planet has been curbed, and that Maehl Holdings has acquired millions and millions of medicinal cures in the event the sickness spreads again.

Fourth, in 1 of the Colony Ships of the freighters carrying people, coming from Esiroh(s), 2 standard freighters and 1 carrion class Freighters whose origin was in varied points in the Free Systems, I carry the various supplies I've gathered throughout the Polar Expanse. Upon docking on Druzi, all the supplies are unloaded and delivered accordingly; the locations are predetermined, varying throughout the domes. Approximately 1/3 are distributed to central focal points throughout the dome where they can easily be distributed during the public rally. Another 1/3 is delivered to various centers around the dome for distribution as the CAB and the Diolo's see fit. The rest are either stored away for future use and or delivered to predetermined points for specialized distribution (i.e. hospitals). All packages, parcels, and supplies are unloaded and delivered accordingly within 24 hours of arrival to ensure....

... Fifth, a series of rallies will be organized throughout the Domes to celebrate the strength and resiliency of Druzi Prime in the face of recent adversity. The Irene Diolo is invited to speak and Maehl Holding's President of Druzi Operations will make appearances throughout they day. All refugees will be provided health rations, clothing, and a set of medicines in case of further outbreak. Any who are sick will also be provided the same. My people will organize the event, making sure that there is order. Teams will break down the dome into sectors and distribute materials accordingly. If any particular location runs out, names will be taken and home deliveries assured. Otherwise, there will be local transport to other locations for those that need it. Musicians and local artists will be hired to perform as entertainment. Refugees will be invited to speak of their experiences, hopefully speaking of the positive hospitality offered by yours truly, and how happy they are to have returned home. The local IR administrator will be pre-notified of these events and the 10,000 troops on the ground will not only be invited to attend, but encouraged to participate in the celebrations. The other Independent Corporations (Blackheart, Casablanca, Terra Nova) will also be granted the opportunity to speak. The events will take place within 24 hours of the unloading of the supplies from my ships.

My PDO will make the following speech (which will be made once and broadcast throughout the dome via closed circuit video communication):
"Greetings, people of Druzi Prime! We are pleased to have been able to work with the Diolo clan, specifically the honorable Irene Diolo, for the purpose of ensuring the peace and promoting the positive development of Druzi Prime. While we have experienced significant hardship recently, the lifting of the Quarantine shows that our unified efforts have borne some degree of success. We, at Maehl Holdings, have been working hard on your behalf these last few weeks. Specifically, we have spread the tale of this planet across the Polar Expanse. We have told your story to many different races, different citizenships, and across many different territories. Your story of self-determination, attack by terrorists facing overwhelming odds, the determination of your enemies to see your defeat, and how we all came together to defeat a common enemy, touched the hearts and minds of those who listened. Your story convinced them to open their closets and cupboards to us, and we have collected millions of food rations, clothing articles, and medicines for distribution today. No more will the people of Druzi Prime go hungry because the food supply has poisoned. No more will the people of Druzi Prime be victimized by sickness, natural or otherwise! And finally, no more will the people of Druzi Prime be cast out of their homes to live as vagabonds across the galaxy!! We are gathered here today in honor of those who have fallen, and celebration of how far we have come.

Today we celebrate the homecoming of the displaced refugees that have wandered the galaxy for the last few weeks!
Today we celebrate the generosity of spirit of others so that we can start to rebuild our homes, our lives, and our community!
Today we celebrate a new beginning for us all!

I encourage you all, as you receive these rations and other materials, to remember this generosity in all your future endeavors, because only together, and unified, can we start to grow again. Together we grow better, we grow faster, and we grow stronger. Only together can we overcome.

We, at Maehl Holdings, are proud to be the sponsors of this event and to be able to work so closely with as able and caring a leader as Irene Diolo. We would also like to take this opportunity and formally acknowledge the efforts of our peers at Terra Nova Industries, Blackheart Securities, and Casablanca Station. Without their combined efforts, we would not have been able to overcome the threats to our safety here on Druzi Prime. I ask you all please give them a round of applause and a cheer for their tireless efforts on your behalf.

On behalf of Su Maehl, our CEO, I thank you all for your courage in the face of adveristy. I thank you all for coming out today in celebration, and for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Finally, I thank you all for attending this event and for your continued support. Enjoy the festivities everyone!"

The PDO would then open the floor to either Irene Diolo or any of the other Independent Corporations' representatives.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Left_bar_bleue125/125Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty Re: Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb

Post  UnityPrime Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:42 am

Prime looked to the portion of his meditation chamber devoted to his dealings with Maehl holdings, as his ship streaked towards the Purifier. He had waited the appropriate time, and attempted to activate the device seed. An indicator indicated that the sheets had not been put together properly. He sighed, making a note to rebuke Maehl for not putting up his side of the deal.

He looked at the tactical read-outs on the ground. He could only devote 300.2 seconds to this work...but that was more than enough. He sent a quick message to Maehl before beginning.

"Maehl, I understand that aligning 1000 sheets of numerical paper is dreadfully complicated, but you should not bilk people who are up to their elbows in your code. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you intended that little party of yours as a conciliation gift! If so, I accept it gladly. I'll let you know when my coders are finished. You are lucky that I am a man of my word, and one who does not have a vindictive streak."

He didn't really need the papers, or Blackheart's assistance to get his allies to the planet, after all, he had a moon base. He thought, and the innocuous shadow drill targeted the landing zone. The 10 foot diameter black steel ring begun to spin in its casing...soon it would make a portal between a spot picked by Fate's prognostications as ideal. 300 Seneschals and 100 Emissaries wait outside of the Shadow drill, and one tenth of them shal enter through with whatever the Kassanthian Federation thinks is appropriate. The rest shall be held as a reserve force. Of those that enter, all ten will be Emissaries of fear, which particularly enjoy working with the Kassanthian Federation.

The defenses emplaced on the moon of Durzi Prime are ready to fire at a moment's notice. Any nightmare lord attempting to fly through the wormhole will find itself cut to ribbons by Unity energy projection batteries. Further, missiles are prepared by the Builders which are covered in runes of light. These shal be particularly effective, if the need arises.

Prime sent a single secure transmission to Layne Yr and her people:

"Layne Yr, I have a method of getting you on the planet, if you wish to go with my men. They can also act as your extraction force as you need. It seems the Iron Republic are distracted by something, so help yourself to some fun."

There were times when Prime did enjoy his alliances.

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:25 am

Garmin Fe reviews the incoming communications from a communion chamber. The thoughts of those around him agree, the issue with the nightmare lord tomb look to be well in hand. His allies will clearly do their best to take care of the problem. All agree that they will also do their best to capitalize on the situation, raiding the tomb for it precious cargo.

Truth is though, he could care little for the matter altogether. Only one small detail interests Garmin now. His thoughts drift as he prepares for the upcoming hunt for the warmonger fiend. The recent conflicts on Druzi Prime have been on the forefront of current events within the whole of the galaxy. The Iron Republic has a great vested interest in what happens, or so it had seemed. Hefting his iconic hammer, the one he used to slay the eldest of the fire giants, he makes for the chamber gateway. Before leaving, he mutters a gentle command.

"Send our best to shadow the Iron Republic fleet. We should try our best not to be seen. I want to know what is going on at the Moon of Galilie. I want to know what could be so important to the Iron Republic. Perhaps it is nothing, but I won't feel better until I know that to be true."
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  ZaodonaiCelyse Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:47 am

Deep in the Plane of Awareness, rows upon rows of uthvelor warriors stood in silence as they awaited their orders. Their commander, a deceivingly small, heavily armed woman dressed in dull black armor, walked down their formation, observing her men with a critical gaze. When she finished her patrol a large uthvelor male approached her, bowing low in respect.

“Zaodonai Hajima,” he spoke softly as he straightened himself up.

“Are our men prepared?” Celyse asked.

“Yes,” the male officer responded. “100 raiders, 25 blood-dancers and 25 wyrm riders as commanded, Zaodonai.”

“Good,” she turned around and nodded towards the two loremancers stationed before her. “Open the energy bridge,” she ordered. “It is about time the uthvelor make their presence known in this universe.”

The soldiers did as they were told and one hundred and fifty uthvelor troops stepped through the gate and on to the world where the nightmare lord’s tomb rested.

The commander marched in front, her narrowed eyes taking in everything and everyone before her. She stepped on the back of a false wyrm, murmuring something in disgust beneath her breath, and signaled to the rider to take flight. Having a better view of what she’d be up against the woman began to speak in a loud, reserved voice.

“I am Zaodonai Celyse Hajima, leader of the uthvelor. I am here to neutralize the Nightmare Lord’s tomb so none will ever be able to disturb it. I suggest you step aside and allow my men to work otherwise you will be removed by force. Consider this your only warning.” She reached for a large, jagged sword on her back, her gray eyes turning bright silver as she does so. Shorter swords remained accessible in their sheathes along her belt, in addition to a glowing white scepter.

She raised the sword into the air and leapt from the wyrm, falling at a controlled rate to the ground. The troops marched forward behind their leader; ready to destroy anyone and anything that gets in their way.

If she is successful in securing the area, Celyse will have her loremancers attempt to create an energy bridge that essentially goes nowhere over the nightmare lord’s tomb. In theory the bridge would be an eternal loop, causing the tomb to continuously fall in on itself and anyone attempting to reach it would suffer the same fate. After this is done, explosives would be planted around the area burying the tomb (without enough power to disturb the energy bridge) as deep as possible in hopes to prevent local inhabitants from accidentally stumbling upon it.
ZaodonaiCelyse
ZaodonaiCelyse

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:52 am

Admiral Layne Yr was swinging in a hammock above a grassy field in a full silver and white ballgown. Her heels were tipped with nightmare dragon claws. She rocked back and forth and finally picked up the comm crystal.

"So Explain again to me how you screwed up this simple mission," the Admiral loudly and without regard to the supposedly master vampire she was demeaning.

"Admiral, I cannot believe it, as we arrived in the tomb, there was a Da'uhnb already waiting. You ordered us not to attack Da'uhnb unless specifically attacked, and he's just standing there watching us. He hasn't even drawn his weapons. What should we do?" said Captain Martinez, the old vampire was obviously shaking. Many would consider it a fair response, not a single Kasanthian troop had returned safely when in an operation that involved a Da'uhnb attack.
Admiral Layne Yr frankly didn't care. But she also knew not to stoke sleeping giants.

"Calm down Captain, take a deep not breath. Ha-ha-ha Not breath? Undead joke? Come on smile you fanged ftard," said Layne Yr, "Hold on Captain my emergency commstone is beeping. Hide in the shadows and watch the Da'uhnb. Your soldiers are undead Captain, hopefully you can wait him out until he makes his move."

"Sir?" said Captain Martinez as him commstone blinked off.

Suddenly the room shook.

His stomach unused as it was, flipped and rolled and tumbled as if he were in free fall.

Then after a painfully long time his commstone blinked again.
"Admiral, nothing has changed except there was a shaking," said Captain Martinez.

Admiral Layne Yr laughed. She wondered if a vampire could soil themselves, "Ok Captain, good news and bad news. First the bad news. The Zaodonai of the Uthvelor showed up to the battlefield. I am definitely not taking her on in combat. Luckily you are safely inside the tomb. Her Loremancers set up a pair of energy bridges on your location. You are trapped between dimensions in an endless loop."

"Ohh," said Captain Martinez, if he was a living human he would have just hurled.

"Good news, look around do you see a set of crates in the corner?" said Layne Yr, "Ones delivered by a courier?"

"Yes" said Captain Martinez, having noticed them on the way in. The only new objects in the entire tomb. They had been set by the side of the door. The courier had obviously ran screaming from the Nightmare Lord tomb.

"Now you are going to assemble the device inside. Its a Unity Shadow Satellite, it comes with instructions. You just have to get it assembled and it will open a portal between your location and our reality. I'll be there personally with a pair of Kasanthian Nanoplague Juggernauts and my personal bodyguard to relieve you. Then we set up a fireman's bucket brigade and pass the artifacts back through the portal until the Da'uhnb bitches. When he does I will take up diplomatic conversation with him...and battle if necessary."

Layne Yr clicked off the commstone, reminding herself to stake Captain Martinez for cowardice if he survived the mission. Superstitious Vampires had no place in the military, and military vampires didn't retire well.

She picked up her emergency crystal, smiled showing her bright white teeth, and said, "Its the time for diplomacy"

Other actions
Order the Master Vampires to send every thrall under their control in Kasanthian Uniforms over to the people celebrating for "justice". Their master will force them to take full credit for the attack on the Druzi dome, even saying that Sentinel station was designed to help the Druziites to hunt them as rogue kasanthians down.

Apologize profusely and send 100,000 ghaz donation to their most centralized medical establishment.

-- Can't Sleep the Nightmares will eat me--

Last edited by AdmiralLayneYr on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling sux madd bawls)

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainAxis Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:46 pm

My dear Admiral

Alow me to send some assistance, i offer you 50 of my techno-brokens. They have had several upgrades done to them ove the last few months, i hope they will be of great assistance. They have all been ordered to obey you and will not attack untill you give the order.

CaptainAxis
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  blackheartsecurity Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Peshareen hated the tomb. Childeen had said that the galaxy offered nothing but hard choices, and he knew his boss hated everyone of them, as his second in command he was privy to some of the communications. Something seemed twisted about all of it. The Quall and Dahumb were the most reasonable beings they had dealt with, the EEF pacifists, and the Iron republic eagerly tripping over themselves to hand the TRILAT victory.

Really the only things that made sense were the TRILAT. Besides the relative quiet of the Angels of desolation they had acted exactly as everyone expected.

The tomb area had been sealed off from all by Blackheart personnel. Now it was time to act. Lightwards had been set up to cover the tomb and Firedome city. They had cost a pretty penny in donations to the universal church. Pesh wondered why Childeen could be so masochistic at times. He also had the emergency control to blast the UV lights. It would certainly slow down the night mare lord. If the lord did awaken he would find it damn near impossible to shadowjump out of the dome.

Only immutables were to enter the tomb. After checking for booby traps they would crate up the artifacts and using plasma torches cut the sarcophagus from the ground and mount it on hover emmitters.

Once they had it all of it would be led through access tunnels to the space port and discreetly loaded onto an SAV on a freighter. Assuming they got the word the K-fed loyalists, vampires and operatives would also board the frieghter. Its paperwork said it would be heading for the Blackheart Penal colony.

Instead once it cleared the dome the SAV would detach and ghost the freighter (The pilots of both ships were part of the initial assault and as such have had plenty of practice in using ships dead space). The SAVs crew would be on drugs to inhibit their fear response, for some reason Childeen stressed that. The SAV would jump to the plane of awareness once the freighter came to a halt to be scanned by the IR quarantine. Given the shear amount of traffic with the celebration and restored commerce a sanctioned prisoner transfer with all green lights would prolly be given half a glance before being cleared.

On the plane of awareness the SAV would go low and slow to hide in the wreckage and make it to the K-fed link up point. At which point its contents would be transferred to the K-fed.

The prison freighter would link up at a different location where the passengers would disembark. And get picked up by a K-Fed ship.

Peshareen held the note he was instructed to slip into the sarcophagus He had read it and saw its wisdom. Sometimes the best way to fight nightmares is to be one of your own.

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  TerraNovaIndustries Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:02 am

Terra Nova Industries wet work team will take up sniper positions around the Nightmare Lord tomb. Their mission will be clear: no unauthorized or hostile personnel will enter or exit the tomb, however the team leader will have the final call on who to open fire. Use of the Dragon Slayer and Brown Note Cannon have been authorized.
TerraNovaIndustries
TerraNovaIndustries

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  PresidentRagman Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:32 am

sending in Megaladon, piranhas and 1000 estrain to capture sample of whatever is inside the crypt and escape with samples, use of portable Shadow Gates is authorized. just simple snatch and grab. no unnessecary kiling and not sticking around to fight it out.

once samples are aquired all units will withdraw or suicide to prevent capture. units will be rezzed back at base.
PresidentRagman
PresidentRagman

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Left_bar_bleue150/150Week 1 Insurrection Mission - Into the Nightmare Lord Tomb Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum