Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joint Research Proposals

3 posters

Go down

Joint Research Proposals Empty Joint Research Proposals

Post  UnityPrime Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:59 am

Members of the Trilat,

It is our pleasure to open this forum for cross faction research requests. The Unity has a significant body of research which we are happy to use such that our allies conflict resolution protocols are enhanced. It is our hope that this space can be used at any point when a member of our group needs research assistance, or feels that their work can benefit from the expertise of another.

This, we feel, will make for some fascinating new technologies.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Joint Research Proposals Left_bar_bleue120/120Joint Research Proposals Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Joint Research Proposals Empty Proposal from Prime to Layne Yr

Post  UnityPrime Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:15 am

Layne Yr,

We thought it appropriate to start with you, as some of our older technologies do not fit will with our current operational paradigm, though they fit quite well with yours.

1) The Juggernaut: We have considered the unification of your undead with our technology for some time. We propose an enhancement to your undead Quall. It is an inspired design, but imagine the same base creature with armor bolted on, falsewyrm glands, and a regenerative capacity provided by an Unity engineered heart pumping nanites through its veins. For further protection, we imagine you could engineer the internals of this creature to jump start the nanites if the creature was EMP'd. We named the project this in order to demonstrate the difficulty that would be involved with killing these creatures. If we wanted a larger version (the name Juggernaut DOES inspire the image of something bigger than but one Quall), we could envision a construct made from the combined and mangled bodies of multiple Quall, with the majority of bones removed to act as armor. These would take longer to make, but would be stronger, with more options in their construction. We leave the details to you, our contribution is the regeneration and any technological armor characteristics. If you go for the large design, though, we suggest including long metal tentacles which can impale opponents and bring their bodies into the Juggernaut's mass to act as fuel. Pre integration brain scans can allow for rescue of the Quall post battle.

2) The Shadow Generator: In the days of the Boarder Wars; I created the Shadow Generator. It had amazing energy output, but radiated so much shadow energy so as to make it useless in most situations. For you, this drawback is a major advantage. Take this technology as our gift. We are sure you will find a thousand uses (such as making your ships, and those new nightmare infested floating islands all the scarier). We include this here, as we would like to help you find uses for the non shadow power output of these devices on your vessels.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Joint Research Proposals Left_bar_bleue120/120Joint Research Proposals Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Joint Research Proposals Empty Proposal from Prime to Captain Axis

Post  UnityPrime Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:25 am

Captain Axis,

We hope this proposal finds you well, and have been quite pleased with your delivery of Void metal. We have considered its utilization, and have a number of proposals we are interested in pursuing with you regarding their capacity for defense and industry.

1) Void Metal EMP shielding: We believe that void metal, which has extra-natural properties, may act is perfect EMP shielding when arranged in a cage formation around sensitive electronic components. Additionally, wires formed with a Void Metal alloy may be resistant to the disruption caused by electromagnetic pulses.

2) Void Metal armor: We are interested in elucidating the properties of armor made with Void Metal. Its properties may absorb certain energy types.

3) Void Metal production: We would like to collaborate with you in the mass-production of this material. The Unity is quite proficient in scale up operations, and would be pleased to make this metal more available to those who wish to incorporate it.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Joint Research Proposals Empty RE: Proposal from Prime to Captain Axis

Post  CaptainAxis Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Void EMP Shielding. Oh my (Axis smiles). The idea is wonderful, however, I would think it would protect better from Chill. Maybe even Leyas created EMP it can be deffended aganst but Reguar EMP will be tricky. Regardless, this is to great to pass up. I would be honored to assist you in these projects. Let me know how much you need and I will begin reaserching.

CaptainAxis
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Joint Research Proposals Left_bar_bleue100/100Joint Research Proposals Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Joint Research Proposals Empty Re: Joint Research Proposals

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Thank you for the gracious gifts Prime,
The Juggernaut nanite enhanced heart will be put to insidiously good use.
I have just the project to integrate it into. I call them Nanoplague Vampires. Using the basic plague vampire, your Juggernauts heart and some nightmare flesh Necrotech weapons. It won't be ready in time for the battle of the wall of Dead Quall, but I shall field it soon enough sweetie.

The shadow generator, is that the same design that was protecting the kingdom of Tal Hanon during the Border Wars?
(Eyes gleam and the Admiral presses palms together with glee)

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Joint Research Proposals Left_bar_bleue100/100Joint Research Proposals Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Layne Yr,

Yes, those are the same generators which were protecting Tal Hanon. Use these well. Regarding the "Heart of the Juggernaut", we hope you will include this regeneration system in more than one model. We admit, though, vampires will be well served. We invite you to use Unity labs for prototyping and for quickening your research.

Captain Axis,

We can provide you a Unity materials testing center wherin you can run any experiments you wish. What we posited were suggestions; ultimately we wish to see how this material, which has hitherto only been used offensively, can be used for industrial and defensive applications. Further, the Unity is very proficient of making alloys of hyper-rare materials such as Zela, and so we can use that expertise in order to make Void steel. Regarding the requirements for testing, 10000 grams should be sufficient. We invite you to use Unity labs for prototyping and for quickening your research.

Dr. Gilmore,

It would be our pleasure to assist you in the design of a vessel which could spread your creations. We have sent you the designs of Vrangian Guard holo-projectors and Saggitae. We believe that with these, you could make an excellent insertion tool. Feel free to use Unity labs for prototyping.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Joint Research Proposals Empty RE: Joint Research Proposals

Post  CaptainAxis Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:11 pm

My Dear Prime
I am sending the requested materials to you. I have been researching it intensely lately and there are a few things regarding void I wish to discuss. Void, like annialation from which it comes from, is incredibly unstable. That is why I use it offensively as opposed to defensively. When void is hit by annialation, it causes a chain reaction that expands. For an example, you mentioned the possibility of a void armor. If you were to send troops wearing this armor into battle, side by side, if one was hit by annialation, the blast from that hit would expand out, hitting the one next to him and expanding out and so on.
I am fine with this risk, thus I use it in most of my designs. However, that is not to assume you would be. Though I feel that void is too useful to pass on, some of its less well known disadvantages should be brought to light if the Trilat is to be dealing with it in a mass scale.
Another thing, you mentioned using void to protect from EMP. Making an anti EMP defense with void would absolutely be possible except that the EMP would have to be leyas created. Also, with the defense against EMP, should the person or object be hit by chill, then the chill’s effects would be doubled.
I still like the idea though and there was an armor it was thinking of making that would be great for this. I would suggest using any void armor for black ops. I feel it would be perfect for that. There could even be two designs, Anti Chill and Anti EMP. However, remember that whatever is being protected against, the other will be magnified. But using them would be useful if dealing with a threat that was based in the armors defense.
I hope you feel that the reward out ways the risk. Again, this message is in no way meant to deter you from using this material and in no way am I unwilling to go further with this. Just wanted to bring you up to speed with what I’ve found.

CaptainAxis
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:41 am

Captain Axis,

We thank you for this excellent work, but it raises some concerns. Beyond all of our foes, the primary foe has always been Warmonger. As such, I cannot incorporate a material with a weakness to annihilation into my core designs.

However, your research bring up some fascinating points. Firstly, do you have access to K'ias? If you cannot say, that is fine, but I have some uses for them.

Secondly, can void metal breach Annihilation fields?

Prime
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Joint Research Proposals Empty RE: Joint Research Proposals

Post  CaptainAxis Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:09 pm

My dear Prime

Your concerns for using void against Warmonger are justified. However, Warmonger is but one enemy. There is still the IR and Quall and there is always the great possibility that some other faction will attack. Void could be used on them instead. Also, do remember that void can still be incorporated when fighting Warmonger. It must be used carefully and I would recommend using it offensively and not defensively.

I have access to Annihilators, but they are loyal and in limited supply and would not want to use them as cannon fodder. I apologize; I thought that you were aware. Some have volentired for some reaserch experiments such as my Annihilator Goo Warriors and they all supply me with my void material but they are not a true army thus I rarely if ever deploy them in combat. If you had some other use for them, please let me know and we may be able to discuss some type of arrangement.

As for breaching annihilation fields, void would be able to do just that. However, I would not use Zela or Zero metal.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I hope you do not feel that the idea of using void weaponry is a lost cause.

Oh, one more thing. Conseringing Annihilators, there is a project I wish to work on to create an army of solders. It would require the splicing of genes from different species including the Annihilators and I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind if I used some of your resources to accomplish this.

CaptainAxis
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:12 am

Captain Axis,

We always enjoy your ideas. It would be our pleasure to give you what laboratory space you need. Please designate a space on one of your planets and the requisite structures will be made at once. Please let us know what you plan first, however.

Beyond this, we would be very interested to see tests where Void metal breaches annihilation fields. If you can mass produce this material, it could be an answer to the Warmonger's favored mode of conflict.

At this time, we could envision strike craft which are EMP shielded but which have a vulnerability to Leyas Chill and Annihilation as made to fight the Quall/Iron Republic alliance. There are few Quall who employ shadowmancy, after all. If you wish to have any of your vessels modified, we can take care of the details.

Void weaponry should not be abandoned. In fact, we would like to more widely implement it. While its esoteric construction means that it cannot be used in most of our equipment, it can certainly be used in breaching pods or anti-capital ship weaponry.

Prime

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Wed May 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Garmin Fe,

We must know how long it will take you to deliver access to those trapped by the Forgotten. Every moment of delay further compounds what has been a disaster. If it will take longer than a week, we encourage you to take your work to my personal lab. Use the resources there to quicken the work such that we can quickly prevent the Warmonger from using that glut of power to crush us all.

Thank you for your attention to this. Attached are the codes you need. Act with haste, old friend.

Prime
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum