Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10)

4 posters

Go down

With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Empty With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10)

Post  MaehlHoldings Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:27 pm

*highly encrypted holo-conference call to Damien, Sora Fleshstealer, Captain Orig*

Greetings friends and allies. I have pinged you all to this conference call in light of recent disturbing events that have been brought to my attention. The Fleets of Fate are converging on the Unity Core for the purpose of converting all living creatures to a single consciousness, essentially extinguishing free will. Having spent time as a child in the Iron Republic and then spending my adolescence and forward in the Free System, what makes us great isn't our power, our economic prowess, or our mighty space fleets. Our greatness comes in diversity, in acceptance, and in free choice. For over two thousand years we have been able to work freely, choosing our own paths in life and making our own decisions, not just what an oppressive corporation had told us to do. And after two thousand years of toiling to maintain this freedom, I will not abandon it to a threat from another dimension just because it considers free will a liability.

We must act to defend our free will.

I have assembled a massive fleet already for the purpose of defending the Free Systems. In the next week, this fleet will like double in size. I also have, now, a personal fleet of Iron Republic origin. Ships, alone, however, will not win this battle. So I bring you all together, to see if we can implement a general strategy that we, the Free Systems, can employ in order to assist the defense of the Unity Core.

Before we begin this discussion, I am advising you all that I have reached out to every other faction, except Ft. Lendill. I intend to coordinate a joint effort across the Polar Expanse for this purpose. However, before we do that, I'd like to take stock and have a conversation regarding our thoughts on this process so that, when we come together with emissaries from other parts of the Universe, we have meaningful things to do discuss.

So, what are all your thoughts? And please, don't limit yourself to your current fleets, small or large as they are. I can, within 24 hours, have thousands of additional ships at your disposal. So think about what you'd like to do, what you strategies can be, and then we can think about supplementing your fleets accordingly.

I open this conversation to whomever wishes to add something.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Left_bar_bleue125/125With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Empty Re: With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10)

Post  Damien Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Su, just out of curiosity... Other than free will, do we have any advantages over them? Technologies that can combat theirs? I'm sorry, but i really don't know enough to be able to help put a good plan together until i "study up", as it were. If you can give me any clue as to where to start, it'd help.
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Left_bar_bleue100/100With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Empty Re: With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10)

Post  MaehlHoldings Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Damien wrote:Su, just out of curiosity... Other than free will, do we have any advantages over them? Technologies that can combat theirs? I'm sorry, but i really don't know enough to be able to help put a good plan together until i "study up", as it were. If you can give me any clue as to where to start, it'd help.

Know your enemy, eh Damien? Captain Orig, feel free to interject at any time.

The Fleets of Fate are based on Unity technology, except with significant upgrades. Battle tests show that they are immune to EMP but are still susceptible to Disabler Cannons developed by the Angels of Desolation in coordination with the Banking Guild. Their technology is unhackable. They work together as a single consciousness. Each Mothership holds thousands of warframes, which are as fast as Aegis ships, and all the more deadly. These warframes are like ground infantry but in space. The Motherships have also been known to self-repair and are 4 times faster than a standard Iron Republic Mothership. Also, reports throughout the universe show they can hack into and end up controlling anywhere from 2-10 ships a minute, turning our own forces against us.

Captain Orig, what, if anything, do you have to add? Cap'n Fleshstealer, any thoughts?

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Left_bar_bleue125/125With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 am

Ok. So, Disabler Cannons work. We should probably equip our ships accordingly. But, just because they work, doesn't mean they'll work fast enough. Can we do something about the auto-repair? That would usually mean nanites, unless the FoF has found a different way for their ships to repair themselves.
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Left_bar_bleue100/100With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  TemporalEmpire Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Captain Orig grumbled from his chair, "I hear the EEF has been developing Anti-Nanite Nanites but I don't know if they will sell them to us.

We have another option. Over a year ago Fort Lendill used a Sephir Planet Healer on the planet Alioth. It made the soil uber fertile but whenever the soil got mixed into nanites it shut them down. The I.R. made an extensive set of ordinance to deliver this Alioth soil tactically down on enemy forces.
The biggest of these is the Mega Dispersal Weapon designed by Sector General Deer and Alice Clegg. Alioth was destroyed by the first AOD Wormhole Weapon, but the IR still has stockpiles of MDW missiles. A few of those will disable any chance the FoF has of repairing their Motherships.

It will also disable any allied technomancers in the blast zone. So it will hurt our Unity allies. Might be worth the risk."

TemporalEmpire
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Left_bar_bleue120/120With Reference to the Fleets of Fate (wk10) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 am

TemporalEmpire wrote:Captain Orig grumbled from his chair, "I hear the EEF has been developing Anti-Nanite Nanites but I don't know if they will sell them to us.

We have another option. Over a year ago Fort Lendill used a Sephir Planet Healer on the planet Alioth. It made the soil uber fertile but whenever the soil got mixed into nanites it shut them down. The I.R. made an extensive set of ordinance to deliver this Alioth soil tactically down on enemy forces.
The biggest of these is the Mega Dispersal Weapon designed by Sector General Deer and Alice Clegg. Alioth was destroyed by the first AOD Wormhole Weapon, but the IR still has stockpiles of MDW missiles. A few of those will disable any chance the FoF has of repairing their Motherships.

It will also disable any allied technomancers in the blast zone. So it will hurt our Unity allies. Might be worth the risk."

Well, in my opinion, whatever works. If we can get Anti-Nanite Nanites, that'd be great. But, the MDW's work just as well, and it'd probably be easier to get our hands on them. I mean, hey, Su Maehl is the guy who started this "meeting", and... Oh hey, Su Maehl just became an I.R. Stockholder... Don't want to take advantage of that, Su, but at this point, we need to use what we have...
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  PirateCaptainFleshstealer Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 am

Hmmmm what about taking a page out of Magnus Ironbanes book? Is there any way to get ahold of some more blackhole bomb? if so i would be willing to attemp to fly some through the energy bridge straight to the core. if need be i'd lead that mission personally. Or detonate one outside so it enveloped the energy bridge

PirateCaptainFleshstealer

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:12 am

PirateCaptainFleshstealer wrote:Hmmmm what about taking a page out of Magnus Ironbanes book? Is there any way to get ahold of some more blackhole bomb? if so i would be willing to attemp to fly some through the energy bridge straight to the core. if need be i'd lead that mission personally. Or detonate one outside so it enveloped the energy bridge

Son of a bi- That, in my book, is brilliant. Here i am, thinking all along about how to fight them, and Sora here decides to stop them outright. Prevent them from getting here, they can't exactly do anything.
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:14 am

Captain Orig brought up a wonderful point. He had read the caption on some classified documentation about Alioth. It was brilliant. Plus, Su couldn't help but chuckle when Damien sarcastically mentioned his being a Stockholder. It's going to get some getting used to.

When Sora mentioned blackhole bombs, Su winced unintentionally. "Cap'n, while the Fleet of Fate is a terrible foe, the cure might be worse than the sickness. Nothing good can happen from using a weapon as unreliable as a blackhole bomb. Furthermore, I'm worried about our ability to deploy such a weapon without it backfiring against us. But, my good man, you did give me an idea. I'll share it later. I'll get the Iron Republic to deploy Alioth Weapons. Fleetmaster Deer is no fool, and he sees the threat these fleets pose. Between our disabler cannons, and the Alioth weapons, it will give our fleets the opportunity to use everything else we got to bring them down.

Captain Orig, I will see what I can do about have the EEF deploy these anti-nanite nanites. I'd rather not buy them unless we have to deliver it ourselves... I'll also work out a strategy with the Unity to ensure that we do not adversely affect their people. "

Su paused, wondering what he should and or do next. Was this enough of a base plan?

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Ooc- still getting ppl together for final plans.. get back to you all tonight.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:56 am

Thank you for your patience, my friends, as I have come back with some interesting news.

1) The Iron Republic has every intention of obliterating this fleet. They intend to use a significant fleet to do so.
2) the Unity will employ their Purifier to wipe out as much of the field as they can. I fully presume it will fail, but it can't hurt too much, can it?
3) We, of the free systems, will be employing over 1 million ships for this endeavor. I have acquired the same and will be distributing starcraft accordingly.

So, the battle will more or less go as follows:
1) I will send a majority of my forces in before the Purifier attacks to prevent the FoF from getting away. There will be approximately 40 Motherships. Per my calculation, it will take about 300 Disablers to take each one out. So I'll send approximately 150 thousand, just to be sure.
2) Captain Orig, this will be perhaps your best best to then start teleporting in and doing as much as you can until the Purifier attacks. You'll have approximately 3.5 minutes
3) The Purifier will be unleashed
4) Sora, you will run the rear on the Purifier. If it get hacked, then it'll be your job to take it out
5) Captain Orig, once the Purifier is neutralized, by its own volition or otherwise, the Iron Republic will begin it's attack. I will advise you where it will be, but be careful as you do whatever it is I have a feeling you'll be doing.
6) Damien, you'll run interference when Sora needs help. Use our significant speed with the Aegis and the Stilettos to you advantage. Focus on the warframes, making sure they don't overwhelm other forces
7) Sora, focus on Motherships, taking them out piecemeal. The Iron Republic will be using weapons that are more powerful than EMP and more effective to boot. I'll keep you guys aware of their movements, but for goodness sake don't get caught in their fire. They'll be spraying the field liberally, so be careful. Keep your efforts in the rear guard, forcing them to chase you or allow you to pick them apart. I'll have the EEF join you in this effort.
Cool I hope to coordinate with the Unity to employ approximately 120,000 hornets, rigged to blow, with Brethren pilots, as suicide bombers. MAny of them will be red herrings. This should help distract the Motherships with regards as to what they should be hacking.

Which leaves me to the second part of the battle, the fight for Morningstar Station. The Unity has advised me that they will fronting an operation to destroy it for good. I will use the rest of my forces to approach the station and take it out. The Iron Republic will attempt to take out the Core instead, but I will redirect their forces to the Morningstar Station. We will work with the Unity to ensure that, in the event the Fleet makes its way past you guys that they'll have nothing to fight for.

The EEF will be employing their forces as well. Their fleets will be pitful, but at least their weapons will be devestating. I'll coordinate their efforts with yours, Sora, so that you don't overkill.

Fleets: Damien and Sora, you will be leading Free Systems Armadas. Please treat them well as you will be turning in their reins back to the Free Systems at the end of the battle.

Cap'n Sora
100,000 Stilettos, all with anti-starfighter disabler Cannons
50,000 Machetes, plasma cannon load outs
10,000 Anteres with Helios Cannons, rigged to hold the Machetes (5 each). I've taken the hornets
30,000 Aegis with anti-starfighter disabler cannons (1 each)
3,000 Kingfishers with anti-starfigher disabler cannons
3,000 Pirate Light Frigates
400 Tridents with full missile capabilities
300 Banking Guild Freighters

Damien
50K Stilettos, all with Anti-starfighter disabler cannons
50K Machetes, plasma cannon load outs
10,000 Anteres with Helios Cannons, rigged to hold the Machetes (5 each). I've taken the hornets
50,000 Aegis with anti starfigher disabler cannons (1 each)
3,000 Kingfishers with anti-starfighter disabler cannons
2,000 Pirate Light Frigates
1,000 Albatrosses with nanite artillery cannons
200 Tridents with full missiles
200 Banking Guild Frigates

Any questions, comments, or concerns?

Last edited by MaehlHoldings on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I completely forgot to add the Pirate Light Frigates!)

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down