Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate

+4
FieldMarshallStrykker
Damien
blackheartsecurity
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Who Should Win the Battle?

Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate I_vote_lcap17%Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate I_vote_lcap25%Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate I_vote_lcap58%Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate

Post  Admin Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:24 am

There was much that the Grey would ignore, but a Temporal Wormhole spouting off alternative history cybernetic organisms that were trying to consume their people was simply unacceptable.

With their rage raised by the spread of the E-strain, the Grey have moved a splinter fleet of thirty survey ships to take on a single Fleet of Fate Mothership near Volans.

The Gunrunners of Volans have begged help from their neighbors and potential allies.
If the Grey lose, a larger Grey fleet will move in and wipe all life out star by star. The Fleet of Fate would be pushed back near Volans but the loss of life would be catastrophic.

The Gunrunners of Volans have offered a special reward to anyone who can help them.

Important Tactical note

The Grey ships are protected from FoF hacking abilities and the hacking abilities of all other factions.

--
This mission is open to all players of EEF, Free Systems, Fort Lendill, or Independent Corporations Only.

Post your plan to this mission on either the defenders or attacker's side here on this thread only. First person to post gets a single extra repost later to launch secret attacks, ambushes etc. All other players get one post only. This thread will be locked at 11 pm E.S.T. on Friday July 29th.

Only actions listed on this mission thread will count as locked in for player actions.

Admin
Admin

https://darkrefuge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty Re: Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate

Post  blackheartsecurity Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:51 pm

The stilletto and aegis force that watched the battle of Sentinel III will be deployed to aid the Volans. The squadron will attempt to coordinate the defense with the Grey ships. If the grey ships don't want to play ball they will hang behind the main attack force and dart in and out of the lines taking out enemy fighters.

blackheartsecurity

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty Re: Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate

Post  Damien Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:42 am

"Sir!" Lanaedra called as she walked into the office.

"Yes?" Damien replied, looking up from his desk.

"We... I didn't know you were working on anything," she said. "What is it?"

"Oh this? This is nothing. What do you need, Lanae?"

Lanaedra stared for a few seconds before she continued. "We received a transmission. It's from the Gunrunners of Volans. It appears as though there's a Fleet of Fate ship near their space, and there's a Grey fleet en route to attempt to destroy it."

"And? If they want to blow each other up, let them," he stated, looking back down at the papers on his desk.

Lanaedra sighed. "You could let me finish. According to the transmission, if the Grey fleet should fail, they'll begin a systematic destruction of all stars in that area, wiping out life on a massive scale."

Damien looked back up. "Oh. Well, that makes a bit of a difference. So, basically, they want to help the Grey?"

"Well, that's how i understand it, sir."

"Ok. Send the fighters. There aren't alot of them, but they may be of some assistance. They are to send a message to the Grey and let them know of our cooperation. After which, they are to stop by wherever the Gunrunners are, and inform them of our intentions. We need the Grey to win this battle, or they'll wipe out all life in that area."

"Yes, sir. We'll leave immediately," she said as she turned to leave.

"Wait, wait, 'we'?"

She stopped, and turned back. "Well, yes. I'll be leading the fleet, right?"

Damien chuckled. He stood up, walked around the desk, and put an arm around his friend's shoulders as they left the office. "No. Not this time. Send Captain Hanindara. He'll do fine. Sorry, Lanae, but i have something else i may need you for, and i need you here for it."

*****************************************************************************************************

Under the command of Captain Hanindara, 25 Stilletos Starfighters, 15 Machete Bombers, and 10 Cudgel Heavy Starfighters will alert the Grey of their presence and make their intentions known. After, they will assist in the assault on the Fleet of Fate ship.
Damien
Damien

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Left_bar_bleue100/100Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshallStrykker Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:15 am

As soon as the distress call from the Gunrunners of Volans had come in Jeremiah called a meeting of the all the senior naval staff. The briefing was going about as well as he'd expected it would.
"Sir, let me get this straight. We have no idea of their real capabilities. What we do know is based on our knowledge of The Unity and guesses. Its very likely that they can predict whatever moves we make form the moment the fight starts and even if we out number them its very likely they will have a firepower advantage." Said Admiral Hutchin ticking each point off on a finger.

"Yes Mary, that about sums it up." Replied Jeremiah. "And here I thought this was going to be tough." She chuckled but no one else in the room shared in the humor. Jeremiah allowed himself a smirk. "If it was always easy they wouldn't pay us so well. I know this looks bad, maybe even impossible but keep in mind that we don't have to beat them ourselves we just have to help make sure that when its over the grey win. Otherwise they're going to kill the Volans cluster one star at a time. We don't need to win, just keep them distracted and off balance. How do we do that?"

"If they're Unity or were. Our anti-nanite missiles should have a pretty serious effect on them. Maybe the uplink jammers to." Suggested Vice-Admiral Miles Parker. "And we could use facade to mask our ships, make drones look like capital ships and vice versa and have them switch around the disguise and keep up a series of micro shadow jumps. And we can do a version of that trick we used on the IR interceptors. When we put the Shadow Drives on the asteroids and had them jump around randomly."

"Some ships could attack through energy bridges, we could use Detours to bounce them around and confuse the targets." Chimed in Captain Milly Thatcher. Jeremiah nodded.
"Alright here's what I think we should do..

The fleet will enter Volans broadcasting its intentions to the Grey and any allied craft. The task force will consist of the following ships as well as 30 to 40 varying sized chunks of space junk fitted with layse shadow drives.

4 City of the God class ships. 5 Kalino class missile frigates. 6 Dusk class Destroyers. 50 Missile pod drones 25 Fireship drones (upgraded drone AIs). All ships and drones will be carrying Facade artifacts which will continually make them appear to be a different class and type of ship. All ships will also stay on the move as much as possible using micro jumps around the battle space as will the drones and pieces of space junk in an attempt to confuse enemy targeting. The Kalinos and missile pods will keep up as constant a barrage of anti-nanite and anti-ship missiles as possible. The Destroyers will scatter about the battle space and take attacks of opportunity all the while using Uplink Jammers. The Fireships which will have one or two Asteroids each slaved to themselves and will attempt to work their way close enough for a ramming attack they will also try to use their asteroids when they do ram. 10 of them will carry anti-nanites, 13 of them will carry anti-ship payloads and the last 2 will carry nukes to be used as a last resort these last two will remain with the CoG ships until its time to use them and will jump as close to the FoF ship as possible if and when they do attack. The City of the Gods class ships will remain on the plane of Awareness and fire their Domebusters through energy bridges opened by adepts with the fleet in Volans space. Each ship will have its own energy bridge to fire through the bridges will be moved and no two shots will come from the same direction or bridge.

FieldMarshallStrykker
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  TemporalEmpire Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:41 pm

G.A.S.T. sat in the modified cockpit of a Machete Bomber. He was flying in formation with a wing of 20 Machetes supported by 30 Stilletos.

He radioed in to talk with allied forces knowing full well the FoF probably listened in.

"Allied forces of the Heroic Fleet and the Grey, I am Grand Admiral Sessoren Thei'Gann.
My Starfighters are few but they are dedicated to helping you defeat the Fleets of fate.
My forces will act as your spotters, just keep them alive and they will lead to hidden FoF forces."

In reality, the Starfighters were just a distraction. 500 Da'uhnb Mercs would be assigned to this battle. When able they will teleport into FoF docking bays and leave EMP bombs and plasma bombs.
If any FoF Motherships are disabled enough to allow a Da'uhnb to teleport in with an Energy Bridge Bomb going straight to the plane of life.

If it were up to G.A.S.T. not a single life would be lost, but it was rarely up to G.A.S.T. since the return of the Da'uhnb Queen.

TemporalEmpire
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Left_bar_bleue120/120Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Mor'aye'ahn Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Welder stood calmly aboard the bridge of the Dragon's Teeth mk 2. All was chaos about him but inside he just took everything in. Reports had been coming in from all planets under SUARM SPACE control of the infestation that had beset their citizens, the GELPORS and ECHINAE that had been sent to deal with the Angels of Destruction and their enormous diamond had been sucked down a wormhole, and now there were reports of The Fleets of Fate coming through. Communications officers argued over their headsets as they tried to find out what to do and where was their commander Mor'aye'ahn, tactical officers shouted orders to weapons stations to be ready in case the fleet was attacked, and Welder the head SUARM Engineer calmly sat down upon Mor'aye'ahn's chair.

The silence took a minute to spread as the organic crew that often surrounded the now absent commander processed what was going on. As they tried to think of something to say Welder pressed buttons on the armrest of the chair as he prepared to send a message to what was left of their fleet. It was often a technique used by Mor'aye'ahn to instill order over the comms as the synthetic baas voice of the robotic engineer spoke and was heard on every level of every ship. "I fully understand that there are levels of command, and I know that without Mor'aye'ahn's direct orders none will budge from it's position over the planet both out of loyalty to him and to the leaders of Fort Lendill who I am sure want eyes kept upon him at all times... but now is not the time for that. I am standing in for our beloved commander until he returns and I hand him his command back with a list of everything I want re-hauled on each of these ships."

There was no audible argument as he still had control of the comms "I believe we can trust our brothers and sisters who are on their planets to handle the E-Strain infection. SUARM are Soldiers from creation and all other colonists have had some measure of military training in defensive measures. Now we must aid the GREY who now attack the Fleets of Fate. All tactical officers prepare for battle and may Sysis-01 smile upon us all."

70 variable starfighters, 11 Antares mining freighters, 2 Sunspike ramming vessels, 1 dawn class heavy capital vessel, an 1 modified carrion class capital vessel will be be dropping out of ftl speed and aiding the GREY in their attack against the Fleets of Fate.

The 70 star fighters will be using hit and run tactics while the larger vessels will act as support and suppressive fire.

And as always there will be 1 NESA missile prepped and ready in case the whole mission goes FUBAR.
Mor'aye'ahn
Mor'aye'ahn

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Left_bar_bleue80/100Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lil'ye'ahn Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:48 am

V'tier and V'ntek heard the call from the Gunrunners of Volan as they were sitting in V'tier's office on the Honorbound playing Go. The twins rose in unison without speaking. V'tier to his bridge, and V'ntek to his own ship the Honorblade. The two heavy capital ships headed into Grey space, broadcasting their intentions and offers of aid.

The Honorbound will deploy its compliment of variable fighters and the Honorblade its compliment of catskinners to hit and run in alternating waves.
The two heavy capital ships will run support and suppression.
Lil'ye'ahn
Lil'ye'ahn

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Left_bar_bleue125/125Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:48 am

"To the Gunrunners of Volans, we of the Free Systems hear your pleas loud and clear. This mission may be nearly hopeless, but your plight is dire, and we will not stand by and watch your people get slaughtered by friend and foe without assisting as we can. We, of the Free Systems, will not stand idly by. This evil will not be allowed to perpetuate in this dimension, and we will do what we can to combat it. Today, we stand together, side by side, and fight for our lives."

Su sent the message to the sender of the message. He then mobilized a tactical force, larger than any brought together by the Free Systems.

Three teams of 400 Stilettos, attached to 25 Colony Class Frigates, would form strike teams. Each Stiletto had a starship disabler cannon. There would then be, cloaked, 40 Tridents attached to each, as well as 20 Albatrosses with nanite artillery cannons. For each FoF ship that comes into play, one strike team of stilettos do a blitz run. Pure barrage and run style. There is an entry run of Frigates (5) that brings them to the "field", and on every other end of the run there are 5 more (each angle). On the field of battle, off the field of battle. The goal would be to shut down the ship in one run (i.e. one round). Once immobilized and unable to utilize their weapons/move, the tridents would unload their payloads in runs, then warp out of play. Albatrosses would then be used to use their cannons to unload on the warframes on the field (if and only if the mothership is immobalized. If not, Albatrosses do not come into play).

Hit and run, no extended dog fights. Different angles of run would be utilized and coordinated, using their superior speeds to pretty much beat out everyone else on the field. Also, prevents hacking if all ships are used quickly and leave immediately. No heavy capital ships, and all colony ships enter and exit the theatre of battle on far ends, as to avoid detection, friendly fire, and hacking.

Each team, therefore, has
400 Stilettos (1200 total)
25 Colony Class Frigates (100 total)

For every additional FoF that shows up, another team comes into play. (max of 3 at one time, obviously). While there is not enough firepower to destroy the ships, the purpose is only to immobilize and let all the big guns do the dirty work. If it appears that the big guns have been converted, strike teams will come into play and immobilize them also (i.e. if Heavy Frigates start unloading on Friendly ships).

Communications:
To all commanders on the field: "FS 5th Armada reporting to the field of battle, please be wary, we will be moving in to immobilize the mothership, please hold your fire until we give the word." After the run and if immobilized (no EP), "Target is immobilized, fire at will."

One Trident will remain on the field, cloaked, and serve as central command, coordinating the attacks and receiving comms from either the grey or friendly folks.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Left_bar_bleue125/125Week 9 Space Battle- The Grey vs the Fleet of Fate Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down