Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour

2 posters

Go down

Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour Empty Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour

Post  MichaelHerbertGilmour Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 am

This pure-text message was sent out approximately 20 minutes after bombardment began on Kyrpos. It was broadcast to anyone who would hear.

-----------------------------WARNING: Biohazard Release-----------------------------
Biosafety Level: 2
Species: C. Tyrannoctonus
Strain: B1020R1

Hazard Identification: C. Tyrannoctonus is a pathogenic fungus first discovered on Habitat II in the presence of simulated Quall tissue. It was inoculated with heat-resistance genes and developed on Kyrpos for further study.

Dangers: Believed to cause upper-respiratory infection in immunocompromised individuals. Treatable with most imidazole and triazole based antifungal agents (Miconazole, Fluconazole, etc) Natural resistance to polyene antifungal agents due to low cell-wall permeability.

Accidental Release Measures: C. Tyrannoctonus spores are unable to survive in external atmosphere for long periods of time, especially in low temperatures. Maintenance of 23 °C and application of surface disinfectants at contaminated sites should remove infectious particles.

Release Location: A controlled release of C. Tyrannoctonus was initiated on the plane of Kyrpos, covering a region of approximately 500,000 square miles. Quall are strongly recommended to avoid this location for the next 48-72 hours past the issue of this release report.

Notes: It is believed that this species is capable of causing severe nervous-system damage in the Quall. In the event of infection, subjects should be immediately moved to quarantine for observation. Expected to cause euphoria, unconsciousness, and eventual cerebral necrosis in afflicted individuals. Incubation time depends heavily on quantity of material on exposure. Drug testing has not yet begun to determine effective treatment regimens.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MichaelHerbertGilmour
MichaelHerbertGilmour

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour Left_bar_bleue100/100Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour Empty Re: Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour

Post  F.KalMarx Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Mr Gilmour,

As the Iron Republic uses many genetically engineered soldiers of the designation Quall we request samples to test of this new plague. The Board wishes to immunize those Quall who have signed up for military service. Please send the samples to the following coordinates.

Thank you,
The Board of Directors

F.KalMarx

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour Left_bar_bleue100/100Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour Empty Re: Broad-Spectrum Message from Michael Gilmour

Post  MichaelHerbertGilmour Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:08 am

A videomessage is sent out as standard.

"Greetings Directors, I completely understand your concern. I have actually been developing a quick little 'cure' for the disease, as I am in a rather good position to do exactly that. That being said, I do not intend on distributing it at this point, if for no other reason than the fact that C. Tyrannoctonus does not seem to exist in the wild right now. If there is a outbreak in your holdings, I will happily reverse my current policy and provide you with safe samples, genetic information, and my current knowledge regarding treatment options.

I hope you understand my concerns giving allies of former enemies immunity to my defenses.

Thank you for your inquiry, and please let me know as the situation evolves."
MichaelHerbertGilmour
MichaelHerbertGilmour

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  F.KalMarx Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Mr. Gilmour,

We of the Board are not used to people saying no to us.

Your concerns about outbreak are reasonable.

I have set aside a Dead moon with a small lab for these experiments.
Once the virus is there it all offworld travel will be suspended.

Rethink my offer, ask the leaders of the TRILAT their opinion.

We will wait patiently for your reply.

Director Kal Marx

F.KalMarx

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelHerbertGilmour Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 am

A standard videomessage is sent.

"Director Marx, I must apologize, but I will once-again reaffirm my refusal. I do not want it being used again in any but the most drastic circumstances.

As an aside, it is not a virus."
MichaelHerbertGilmour
MichaelHerbertGilmour

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  F.KalMarx Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Mr. Gilmour this action will be remembered by the Directors,

Director Kal Marx

F.KalMarx

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down