Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7)

4 posters

Go down

The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Empty The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7)

Post  MaehlHoldings Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:10 am

**only those around post "The Hands of Su Maehl"**

When Su found himself able to move again, the first words out of his mouth were, "Mr Timothy Twelve, you're hired. Fran, Gary, Tom, you guys get raises." He looked around to his security team, "Gentlemen, job well done. That was entirely too close. Please see if we can revive any of our guards that were taken outside. Put the bodies in statis, if you must. There's a sale on nanites, so it shouldn't be too much of an expense. In the meantime, Blackheart, coordinate with my Director of Security, please make sure that there are no further breaches."

He paused for a moment, watching his staff scurry. "Review the footage, figure out who the fuck these people were." Turning to the guard on his left, "Was that a vampire attacking me?? Please send Admiral Layne Yr a message. Not a harsh one, because I have a feeling she was also trying to help me. Send her footage of the attacking vamps if you must, so she can see for herself."

Su was in hyper-active mode. He continued to bark orders for the next 70 seconds straight, telling people what their next step would be. He was on a roll, but not angry or sad. He was determined, and acting with purpose. His people knew not to interfere with him when he was on one of his rolls. Some of the newbies might have been trying to get in a word edgewise, but he didn't hear. After what was non-stop direction for a little over a minute, he finally stopped. He looked at the few people left in the room. There were two of Blackheart's men, Timothy 12, Gary, Fran, and Tom, and two additional guards. He finally realized that he wasn't in his office anymore, but in a small conference room. He looked around one last time and said, "So...anyone want to give me a hand here?" Su then gave a soft chuckle, and then passed out from the shock of the last few moments, particularly the part where he had no hands.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Left_bar_bleue125/125The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Empty Re: The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7)

Post  UnityPrime Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:59 am

Timothy Twelve caught Maehl as he fell. He also felt a stab of guilt at not preventing the damage that had been done to his...boss? Was that the right word?

Timothy could feel the consensus give a collective shrug. The title did not matter so much as the actions of the individual. In this regard, Su Maehl had proved himself to be something. Timothy worked mechanically as he thought, inducing tissue repair with adaptive bandages. He then took a self-mixing bag of ultra hemosynth and attached the needle at the end of the bag to Su Maehl's arm. Timothy nodded, already noticing color returning to Maehl's face as his dammaged blood was replaced and toxins in his system were annihilated.

Timothy finally brought out one of his favorite pieces of old Earther technology...smelling salts. Say what you will about airborne hormones, nothing quite beat this old classic. He brought a small box of the pungent stuff to Maehl's nose, and smiled as he started to wake. Once he was sure that Su Maehl was awake, Timothy spoke.

"Su Maehl, I'm sorry, but I could not save your hands. However, if you want new ones, I can tell you that I would be able to commission a significant body of resource to the task. Your hands could interface directly with machines, type at incredible speeds, store data, have fingers, look human, or do any number of new and exciting things. However, I wanted your input and permission before giving you new hands. The technology would be distinctly Unity, but there would be no uplink, if that means anything."

Timothy grinned

"Also, for what its worth. Thanks for hiring me. I won't fail you again."
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Left_bar_bleue120/120The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:45 am

Su was startled awake with something noxious-smelling.

"Huh, what?!" Su looked around, realized Timothy was still standing over him. Sadly, he still had no hands. "Oh, right. You were saying?"

Timothy then began, excitedly, to explain what he could offer Maehl. Meahl raised a quizzical eyebrow at Timothy, as if it were too good to be true. "Timothy, does any of these include Leyas radiation? It will adversely affect my ability to do business in the Iron Republic if it did. Oh, and before you begin that thought, I just realized, what of the Kasanthians? The ones who jumped into that Portal after the assassins. What has become of them?"

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Left_bar_bleue125/125The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:22 am

Timothy Twelve slowed down. Describing complex concepts with sounds was HARD. He didn't understand how the Disconnected managed to speak at the speeds they did while still making sense. It must be all the practice. He coughed, and spoke, slowing down a bit.

"As a matter of fact, the Unity barely uses any leyas radiation in our technology. We are on a number of worlds with limited radiation, and we do not have access to the extreme ambient leyas radiation one can find on Refuge. Primarily, we use the Leyas as an entropic stabilization/destabilization element. In particular, it assists us in the fast programming and stabilization of nanites...but, I am going on.

Timothy stopped, blushed a little, then continued.

"Anyway, none of the things I spoke about would require Leyas radiation. You would not see the automatic security bypass effects you could find on a leyas powered hacking device, but we have been able to manufacture near-equivalents.

As for the Kassanthians, I'm not...actually sure. As allies go, the subordinates of Layne Yr are unpredictable at best, but they are an UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING source of data. Here, let me check."

Timothy's eyes widened almost immediately, a mild note of panic entered his voice.

"Those were not Kassanthians...Sir, they were Sanguine Lords. I don't have anything resembling the ability to even see where they are."

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Left_bar_bleue120/120The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:46 am

Suddenly, Maehl's personal communicator went off. Unfortunately, it was on his belt, and he still had no hands to touch it. Su looked down, loosed his shoulders, rolled his eyes and said, "This is obnoxious. Ok, hands first, then we'll deal with saving Ryuk."

He paused for a second to regain composure.

"Timothy, is this procedure reversable? Also, would it come up on a Leyas scanner? My guards over there each have one, if you need to see what its capabilities are. And as you review that, what's the time delay to get these hands. While my medical training is minimal, I'm pretty sure if my medical crew the rest of my arm off, nanites will regrow them back to health, hands and all. It would probably take no more than half an hour to accomplish. As speed is of the essence, I'd prefer no further delays."

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Timothy Twelve thought for a moment.

"Well, I've already began requesting the requisite technology seeds and assistance protocols from the Unity. It seems many wish to help you in having hands once again. As such, this should not take more than a few moments. It would be as reversible as any other cybernetic, though it would be safest to have Unity technicians remove it. Now, are you saying you want a leyas scanner...on your hand?"

Timothy Twelve wondered at the imagination of Su Maehl. If Timothy had just lost his hands, and didn't know how long it would take to grow new ones, he would be much more viably upset. This man's opponents would be foolish to underestimate him. The Unity did not, which is why Timothy-12 was sent to service the Maehl computers.

"Sir...without having a comically strange display on your human-looking hand, or some sort of input line from your hand to your brain, that would not work so well. Right now, I have your hands as "receive input" only, as I don't think you want Unity technology in your brain. Instead, though, we could probably fit such a device into your glasses. Actually, considering the kinds of computers you are used to, we could probably fit an entire computer in your glasses while giving you a stylish, sophisticated look."
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 am

Su slowly repeated his questions and statements in his mind, wondering how in the name of all that is good Timothy interpreted his words to mean he wanted a Leyas Scanner built into his hand. After a moment, he couldn't find the answer.

"No, Timothy, not built into my hands. I want to ensure the cybernetics you install won't set a Leyas Scanner off if it is run across my body. I was offering you the use of my guardsmen's scanner for testing, as it is the one utilized by the Iron Republic. I need to be able to *not* set that thing off every time I visit my headquarters in the Iron Republic. That would be... .... very very bad."

Su breathed a little harder than he had wanted. Maehl didn't want to lose his patience in front of Timothy. It's not his fault that he's not used to standard methods of communication... or anything else. The man's thought just moved a million miles a second and he felt that sometimes he misses words, phrases, paragraphs, and everything else in between. Very useful to have around, but difficult to manage when under duress. "I'm sorry if I put a bit too much emphasis on that. When I think I tend to snap my fingers to measure my tempo, and...," lifting his stumps up, "you can't snap what you don't have. So as long as it passes the Leyas Scanner test, let's get them started. If the ladies don't like 'em , I can always get them replaced." His guards chuckled at that last comment, and Su flashed a wry smile at them. He missed cavorting with his men sometimes. Being a businessman, however, forces certain changes in you. You have to keep certain airs about you in mixed company, and you never get to serve with your men anymore. But it was a sacrifice worth making, in the end. His men respected him, the jobs he gave them, the money they earned, and the freedoms they enjoyed.

As Su waited for Timothy to take whatever action he was going to take next, he surveyed the "interns" from accounting. They'd been rather quiet in the most recent conversation. They just got a raise, and yet instead of rejoicing and leaving the room, they appeared to Su to be vigilant. Strange behavior from accountants. Strange indeed. However, as it appeared they were on his side, there wasn't anything to be concerned about ... yet. Then again, here he was, about to get cybernetic implants from an entity that had demonic ties. He really, really, hoped that it wouldn't make him demonic. He can't see how it would, but time is of the essence... and he had a feeling that the Temporal Empire would know how to handle the situation if one were to arise.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:13 am

Suddenly realizing that gazes of curiosity were upon them, the "interns" advert their attentions. Everything was fine and it appeared that a Unity representative was there to secure Mr. Maehl. With an awkward and clumsy set of starts and stops, the group made their way for the lower levels in accounting. They all put on a big smile and pat each other on the back.

As the elevator going down began to close, Su Maehl swears he heard Fran turn and say, "We totally could've gotten him crystal hands."
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Timothy grinned. "Ohhh! I mistook your statement as regarding features, I was busy making youe hands and so my listening capacity was reduced." Timothy's eyes were alight with excitement. "Also, you would be surprised to hear most of our technology, including what I am making for you, uses no leyas at all. Our mind is such that we cannot use the leyas in many ways the disconnected do. But let's get those hands done!"

Timothy took out two small pieces of black metal from his pouch, and a small container holding biological material. He then took two tiny chips, and placed one in each small block. The blocks almost seemed to ripple, and they began to change, as tendrils from the chips dug into the metal blocks

Timothy waited a few moments, and then gently pressed the two changing blocks to his employer's hands. They latched on to the exposed skin, and Maehl braced for agony...which did not come. There was a cool sensation, and that was all. He watched at Timothy added the synth skin to his new fingers, and watched the accelerated growth. In seconds, he would have been hard pressed to find proof that his hands were synthetic.

He could feel them with an incredible awareness. He knew that he could type at the speed of thought, and move his hand with near supernatural deftness. He could feel the hidden access port on his palm, which would let him interface with devices. They were modular, strong, and very normal looking.

The Unity had given him a hand; two, actually.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The Hands of Su Maehl (wk 7) Empty STOP the proceedings!

Post  TemporalEmpire Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:19 am

As the elevator Door opened it revealed Xec Cex in a choke-hold with a Quall N'drone Warrior.
He said to the Heroes from Accounting, "Just one second."
A flash of blue.
He appears again this time next to them holding a broken Quall Horn. He says, "We have to stop the Hands of Su Maehl!"

They race back into the office moments before the surgery starts and Xec Cex says, "Timothy 12, WAIT! Are you sure those hands cannot be hacked by the Unity Cyborg Hunters?!?"

TemporalEmpire
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:52 am

Timothy-12 blinked. He was Timothy Twelve...was there a difference? It would have to be seen.

He smiled though. The entire Unity had begun to ready electronic defenses against attack...he wondered if they would be enough. He spoke before getting too lost in thought. "Oh no, the hands are quite secure. Further, they have no direct neurological imput beyond connection to existing neurons. Su Maehl can still feel through them, as the hands are controlled via nerve impulses. The hands have no wireless transmitter, and no access to his brain. In theory, if one had access to his hands, they could insert a program into its brute force hacking palm node. However, it is secure, requires direct access, and does not give control over Su Maehl. Does that suffice?"
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Su Maehl blinked. It was all he could do, considering he hadn't the slightest clue as to what was going on here. Did he just see a Qual warrior before??

He looked at Xec Cex, expectantly, the strange alien friend of his understood Timothy's answer. Otherwise, he mght as well find an ancient clock in order to get two hands...

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down