Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help.

4 posters

Go down

The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help.

Post  GeneralGarminFe Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Sector Generals of the Iron Republic,

The Fleets of Fate are foretold to rise soon. They were once Unity and still to this day represent the worse of what the Unity could become. I stand with Unity to ensure that never happens again. They must be stopped.

Let me assist in the defense of the Brethren Expanse. Give me a moon base outside of the Wormholes of Fate and I'll deploy units to raise its defense. If it comes to be that the threat is stopped and all are safe, I will recall those units. The initial deployment will be small, but effective. 1000 Surge Platforms, 200 Jotun fighters, and 1000 of my Recognized will make the moon into a formidable base.

I would also dare say that this would be a greater risk to me then it would be to you, but it is worth it. Respond soon, time is running short.

Signed,
General Garmin Fe
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Left_bar_bleue120/120The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty Re: The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help.

Post  F.KalMarx Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:24 pm

I was under the impression that the Augur of War and his corrupted choir members of Augury Choir were the most dangerous.

Director Kal Marx

F.KalMarx

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Left_bar_bleue100/100The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty Re: The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help.

Post  GeneralGarminFe Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Agreed, the Augur of War and the corrupted Augury Choir are equally a threat. Possibly worse since they assist the Warmonger. However, do not underestimate the intentions of the Fleets of Fate. They seek destruction and annihilation almost as much.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Left_bar_bleue120/120The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Well met General,
I can set up a set of checkpoints. Shadow jump the fleet to each of these coordinates. Each will log your progress and make sure there are no stragglers. Final jump will take you to an area of the Brethren expanse suspected to be affected by the Fleet of Fate.
No deviation from the jump order will be allowed. Please also respect IR boundaries and do not prepare any planets (no conquest). If you need forward operating bases I have ships prepared to set up mobile bases for your troops.
Might I also recommend, old chap, do not lead this mission yourself. Many of our Quall allies might put OPERATION: ALTER FATE in danger to get a shot at you personally.
Old rivalries and all that.

When your forces arrive at Op:Adam Frank Base introduce yourselves to Lt. Palomedes, my son, who is in charge of base defense. An area has already been set aside for joint operations planning.

My son has already done optimization scanning and will provide you a landing plan for your surge platforms on arrival.

What are the weaknesses of the Fleet of Fate? I expect EMP vulnerability but what else?

Sector General Palomedes

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Left_bar_bleue150/150The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:26 am

Ah yes, Lt. Palomedes. I had the pleasure of meeting him once before. I'll be sure the captains treat him with respect. I take it he is doing well since his encounter with the Purifier?

My men will follow the checkpoints as ordered. I'll take your suggestion of joint operations under advisement as well.

As for the weaknesses of the fleet, I can assume EMP and chill leyas. Can't be sure of much else. Unity Prime would boast that they have no real weakness because there strategy hinges on superior intelligence. He says they will never engage in an encounter they don't already know they can win. Wherever they go they make more Metatrons of Fate until their numbers are overwhelming. Then again, they may have had thousands of years to modify this strategy, and possibly themselves, so we can only guess.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:02 am

I am very concerned about this seeming invulnerability that Prime posits this fleet as possessing.
If they will only attack us when they can win, how do we press the battle?

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Left_bar_bleue150/150The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:47 pm

We need to find ways to surprise them. Make colonies appear weak when they aren't and others to be strong when they are in fact weak. Regardless of that fact, they will use the wormholes as entry points to out space-time, meaning that of all things these points must be defended and ready to target entities passing through them.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty withdraw

Post  GeneralGarminFe Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:13 pm

It appears that the Fleets of Fate have been quelled for the moment. Since the threat of their arrival is no more, I will fulfill my part of our bargain. I am withdrawing my forces from the moon you so graciously provided for the defense of the universe. Perhaps we'll work side-by-side again some day.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:56 am

"General Fe,
I may have a task where this good will can continue.
I wish to work with you to undermine the work of Angel D.
It will be black ops if you are interested we should find a secure line"

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Left_bar_bleue100/100The threat of the Fleets of Fate looms. Let me help. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down