Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via.

3 posters

Go down

To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Empty To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via.

Post  GeneralGarminFe Tue May 10, 2011 11:25 am

I am Judge Grandis and I humbly request a stop to your combat maneuvers. You have proven that you are the masters of this station and that it belongs to you. Your force proves to be superior and there is no need to draw this out to a bloody conclusion.

Our allies inside desired only to gain new insight to the Sephir being that crippled communications across the galaxy. We are not responsible for the attempt to take it from you. I am sure we can work out an understanding. I can offer you the reward of ghaz for the trouble we have caused you. We can also bargain with our allies inside to give you information they have collected from the station.

Please power down your weapons.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Left_bar_bleue120/120To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Empty Re: To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via.

Post  Palomedes Tue May 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Judge,

IR operational guidelines do not allow us to power down our weapons. However we can discuss safe passage for your splinter fleet from this location.

An Energy Bridge can potentially be opened by our forces to allow you access to the plane of awareness. From there you can use your shadow drives to return wherever you need to go.

As for your allies onboard. In the future I would recommend they contact the Iron republic officers in charge of a region before plundering archaeological finds. This is not the first VIA stolen by thieves.

Somehow they have altered the outside of the station. We suspect any attempt to breach it will expose all inside to the void of space.

Sector General Palomedes

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Left_bar_bleue150/150To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Empty Re: To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via.

Post  GeneralGarminFe Tue May 10, 2011 3:19 pm

May I persuade you then to change this whole affair from a conflict of battle to that of a rescue mission. I may have access to at least one air leyas user. If this is confirmed then perhaps with their talent we can use our abilities to confine the air supply and then beech the hull.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Left_bar_bleue120/120To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Tue May 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Judge,

If a theif, in the act of robbing a house, is trapped by a collapsing wall does an officer of the law like yourself ignore the crimes. No, they rescue the theif from the wall and then incarcerate them afterwards.

As of right now we must consider those aboard criminals as they were caught in the act of looting. Under IR law information is a valued commodity. Stealing it a crime.

However we in IR leadership have been seeking an ambassador to the Unity. As far i understand it old chap, Beacon City is a part of Unity allied with it, yet a separate element as well.

If you are willing we may be able to find a peaceful answer to this situation that still rescues the people onboard this station.

I await your yea or nea on serving as a diplomat between us and the TRILAT before I change this to a rescue mission.

Sector General Palomedes

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Left_bar_bleue150/150To the commanders of the Iron Republic fleet guarding the space station Via. Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Tue May 10, 2011 6:09 pm

I understand your point-of-view. I would only put forth the fact that, if this were a court of law and not a battlefield, the 'thief' has already pleaded guilty and is willing to pay the fine. That said, I am sure an ambassadorship between our two factions would prove more valuable then any exchange of ghaz. I will put the full weight of my authority behind your affirmative. In short, I agree.

Shall we move forward with the rescue then?
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Wed May 11, 2011 4:12 am

This is Judge Grandis, I thought we had an understanding and were in the midst of negotiation? Your Quall allies are escalating the situation! The presence of additional ships might cause an incident as more people on both sides become anxious. All weapons are hot, new ships have arrived, and it only takes one pilot or gunner to accidentally pull a trigger and then all hopes of a peaceful resolution will be lost!

Please, I implore you to reconsider the actions of your allies.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Wed May 11, 2011 5:34 pm

No need to panic old chap,

The rogue Queen is a good ally. I will ask her to hold her fire and she will out of respect.
I have drafted a presentation for you as a Judge to present to the Unity.

Treaty of 2220.

1- The group known as the Unity will be recognized as a non-terrorist organization. Each Unity planet will be considered and independent world. The Unity will NOT be recognized as a government, but independent worlds can choose to have a Unity affiliation.
Subsection a) therefore criminal actions on one "Unity" world will not bring the force of the IR onto other Unity worlds.
B)The IR will negotiate with each Unity world as a separate legal entity, this includes police actions against declared terrorist species like the E-strain.

2-the Unity can purchase this right of independence for a single world by reclaiming another world currently held by the E-strain. It is a one to one sale.
A)reclamation of a world requires the elimination of all E-strain subspecies from a planet.
B)this includes world worms, bloom ships and hereunder undiscovered e-strain varieties.

3- all planets involved in 2 will be checked by both IR auditors and independent Banking Guild auditors.

4-the rights and responsibility for this treaty does not extend to other members of the TRILAT or to know terrorists like Angel D.

5-ANY MALICIOUS ATTEMPT TO LOOPHOLE THIS TREATY TO ALLOW ESTRAIN TO CONTINUE SPREADING BY THE UNITY WILL MAKE THIS TREATY NULL AND VOID.

ALL Other subsections of this treaty simply support the above 5 points

Present this to the members of Unity and report back their consensus decision, old chap.

Sector General Palomedes

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Thu May 12, 2011 12:09 am

I have reviewed the treaty and consulted with superiors on the matter. I have been given every assurance that the whole of Unity would agree to these terms. As soon as we free the clone of Unity Prime located within the VIA space station, I will sign the treaty as will Unity Prime himself. We shall both play witness to the signing by you and another representative and then it should be official.

Congratulations sector general in earning our trust.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Thu May 12, 2011 5:11 pm

A soft chime sounds, followed by a high but pleasant robotic voice.

"It has come to the attention of the Unity that this Judge is negotiating treaty 2220. Unity Advocate Prototype 22-B7 wishes to speak to the two parties present regarding clarification of particular points. General Palomodes is man of honor, and so we wish to act in good faith. If both parties agree, we shall join the negotiation via rip drive."
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Fri May 13, 2011 1:35 am

It appears that a new consensus has been drafted and the Unity needs to review the matter. Unity, you may of course voice your input as I'm sure this affects you more then anyone else. I'm sure you don't mind esteemed sector general.
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Fri May 13, 2011 2:52 pm

"It is your encryption protocols we are using Judge ,
As you have confirmed this is Unity then I will answer.

Unity rep,
No one may enter space here, but we can discuss by this method.

What points do you worry about Unity representative?

I've personally reviewed the treaty twice to make sure it is honest and in good faith.
Time grows short and Deer and the HiveQueen cry out for warfare. Let us choose peace old chaps."

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Fri May 13, 2011 3:53 pm

The high robotic voice responds:

"Done. We actually do not worry about any particular points; rather instead we hope to have your assistance in the implimentation of this treaty. In the past; Builders were slaughtered en mass. We would not have this repeat."

"As the preceding terms are accepted, this has the following implications.

1) The Unity, as independent planets, may open businesses on Iron Republic worlds as per prior treaties with independent worlds.

2) The Unity, as an independent entity, has the rights of refusal given to other independent entities.

3) Planets reclaimed by the Unity shall be operated by the Unity. Extinction level protocols makes establishing life on a planet uniquely challenging. If you wish for Iron Republic colonies to be set up on these worlds; please make a request and we will be happy to oblige as best we can.

4) All Business Dealings in/with the Iron Republic and/or other legal entities will have the standard tax rate levied and delivered to the Iron Republic Quarterly

5) The Unity is not responsible for tactical/strategic actions taken by allies/affiliates regarding 0 population worlds. (Example: Traps set before the signing of the treaty)

It has been our hope for some time to enter such an agreement with the Iron Republic. Our misunderstanding of your laws gave Deer the chance to ruin this once. We will not let this happen a second time.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Palomedes Fri May 13, 2011 5:24 pm

1,2 and 3 would have to be further clarified.

1- Builders WPCs, and all others are still not allowed on non-Unity worlds. You will have to contract an IRLC to move products just like all independent colonies have to, to engage in commerce with IR worlds. They will handle all Tarriffs etc (the IRLC acting as a broker). We are not changing ANY commerce laws by way of this treaty. Nor allowing any Unity presence on worlds not currently inhabited by Unity connected.

2-don't know what you mean by "rights of refusal"no worlds in the polar expanse or Bootes have any rights like those you describe. Also we do not recognize the Unity as a government, only an affiliation for independent worlds.

3- this would be a deal breaker. We don't care if you glass the planets with E-strain or extinguish all life on them. The whole point is that each E-strain planet you reclaim will be handed back to the IR,
It is that act that buys your own planets.1 for 1, even if we decide to never utilize the world for future terraforming. No Unity or nonIR settlements would be allowed on the former Estrain worlds.

4- the Unity planets in question would be independent and therefore do not need taxes to be paid to us. IRLCs will handle all taxation and tariffs for those products your independent worlds would like to sell to IR worlds.

5- as stated in our initial offer, no world with a Unity affiliation who does something illegal will bring down any punishment for the other affiliated worlds. Obviously worlds hiding Angels of Desolation terrorists and Estrain would require police actions by the IR.
In addition no Unity worlds will be blamed for allied actions unless that specific planet was used as a staging, supply or deployment point for the allied action.

So as long as you understand and accept clarifications, we still need to hammer out number 3
Former Estrain worlds becoming Unity worlds would be a dealbreaker.

Palomedes

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Sat May 14, 2011 1:56 am

And with this, the deal is sealed. We accept your interpretations.

Our friend Palmodes, we hope you understand, this is why we required verification of details. The Unity is attempting to act in good faith, and make sure that we fully understand the details of this arrangement. Your legal system is INTENSELY foreign to us; thusly we must ask these questions.

The systems we purify will not be designated as Unity worlds.

Builders will not enter Iron Republic worlds.

We have peace, Palmodes. Congratulations. 2220 is now part of the Unity diplomatic archives.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum