Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Business Proposal

2 posters

Go down

A Business Proposal Empty A Business Proposal

Post  MaehlHoldings Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:35 am

Greetings Admiral Layne Yr of Kasanth,

We, at Maehl Holdings, are a Free Systems Corporation with IRLC status and I correspond with you today because I want to bring forth a business proposal where I will detail how a mutually beneficial business relationship will vastly increase both your economic power throughout the Polar Expanse. I include in this correspondence a company prospectus that I encourage you to review, which will reveal more about our company. While I do not wish to repeat to you here what you will find in our prospectus, there are a few things that I would like to highlight.

First and foremost, Maehl Holdings is not an Iron Republic based, motivated, or owned Corporation. We are a Free Systems corporation that is sanctioned by the Iron Republic to do business within the Iron Republic, legally. I utilize this to create markets for clients where they would otherwise not have markets. For example, your Unity allies in San Martin have already utilized our services in order to increase their net revenue by hundreds if thousands of ghaz in just 9 months. Most of this revenue has been generated by legally engaging in trade with Iron Republic planets.

Secondly, we create markets for your goods. By utilizing our trade agreements across the Polar Expanse, we ensure wherever there is a market for your goods, we get them there. In turn, wherever there is a goods or services need in within your population, we fill it either directly or indirectly. Most importantly, we do so cheaper and more effectively than anyone else. This dynamic allows us to create capital and develop your economy, which nets significant revenue.

Thirdly, we are free of political ties, in a manner of speaking. It is always our goal to serve client needs. We maintain our sovereignty as Free systems citizens. This sovereignty allows us to ensure maximum profitability for all our clients, irrespective of allegiance. If our clients are at war, we do not interfere. Our only intervention would come if our direct interests are at risk, which in turn would adversely affect our clients. It is, therefore, our only political interest to advise our clients of any actions that would adversely affect their capital gains or our ability to provide them the same.

Finally, we noticed that you recently encountered a shipping and logistics issue involving a variety of warring nations, costing you and your allies significant losses. Admiral, we exist for the purpose of minimizing those occurrences and, having the protection of our various clients' states, much of the carnage that ensued could have been avoided by utilizing our services. Our shipping and logistics services are effective, efficient, and relatively risk-free, which ensures maximum profitability for all your trade and shipping needs.

In order to provide you these benefits we utilize our privileged status within the Free Systems to incur fewer taxes and tariffs for import and export, as well as use our multi-territorial hubs to ensure equitable distribution and collection of goods. If we were to work together, for example, we would create dual status sub-corporations within Maehl Holdings, which would allow Kasanthian goods to be exported throughout the Polar Expanse. These goods would be filtered through our regional hubs, which in this case would be Druzi Prime, and redistributed to their maximum efficacy and profit. While our company would take a modest cut, an overwhelming profit is made by Kasanthian businesses that would otherwise not earn a single ghaz within the markets we penetrate.

We understand that you currently have interests within the areas in which we operate, namely Druzi Prime. While we endeavor to steer clear of political entanglements, on this occasion we have to mention that our capacity to provide you and your businesses these benefits hinges largely on being able to utilize Druzi Prime as a regional hub for trade, for it will be the primary access point for any Kasanthian goods entering the Iron Republic. I dare not presume your military movements aren't necessary and/or a matter of national security, however, I hope that the benefits we, at Maehl Holdings, can provide are significant enough of an economic benefit to you that a course of action other than destroying and/or conquering Druzi Prime would be most beneficial to your long terms interests.

In conclusion, Admiral Layne Yr, we at Maehl Holdings want to provide Kasanth, its residents, and its businesses, the benefits of our services. We want your economic development to match the growth and development of your territory. We want to provide the type of capital development that will boost revenue and amplify your social, economic, and military capabilities. We want to provide you resources you do not currently enjoy without having to wage war and battle for it. Upon your general agreement, we can work out the details of our arrangements. Until then, we await your positive response.

We, at Maehl Holdings, help grow business. We await the opportunity to grow yours.

Yours sincerely,

Su Maehl
CEO, Maehl Holdings

Enclosure, prospectus
Maehl Holdings Company Prospectus

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
A Business Proposal Left_bar_bleue125/125A Business Proposal Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

A Business Proposal Empty Re: A Business Proposal

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Mr or Ms Maehl,
We of the TRILAT appreciate the delicate position your company is in.
You have weapons pointed at one of your regional hubs, putting your staff and your property in danger. Don't worry, if we are forced to fire our goal is not the death of your civilians. And we will allow all civilians to withdraw safely if it comes to that.
We are even willing to negotiate the sale of Druzi Prime and its moons from the Iron Republic.
Since I will not deign to converse with the corporate scum (present company excluded of course) I need a rep to act as our middlemen. would your company be interested in such a task?
I offer 1million ghaz for the purchase of Druzi and its moons.
As the middlemen you will get a 10% commission of 100,000 ghaz.
I will hold my fire unless attacked until you can negotiate these terms.

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
A Business Proposal Left_bar_bleue100/100A Business Proposal Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

A Business Proposal Empty Counter Proposal

Post  MaehlHoldings Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:12 am

Admiral,

As I have informed your associate, Unity Prime, who is copied in on this correspondence, I am not currently in a position to broker such a deal. As the reasons are important, I include a copy of our correspondence to Unity Prime. I do, however, have a series of stop-gap proposals that may fulfil your needs and address your concerns without requiring extreme measures such as attempting to find legal Iron Republic loop holes or mass destruction.

If what you want to do is find a means to prevent Iron Republic meddling in a specific region, current IRLC regulations allow relative autonomy in our affairs, and be used to your advantage. In other words, the greater our activities are, the less the Iron Republic cares as so long as revenue is generated. What I propose as a short term solution that can serve until we can either broker a deal of purchase, which may take weeks, dissimilate Iron Republic interest in the region, or until we have adequately satisfied and addressed your actual concerns that lead you to this course of action.

First, we do business together and, to do so, we create a few subcompanies of subcompanies that will allow us to legally do business, in accordance to the Iron Republic. One of these companies will appear to be Free Systems run and operated, but will be TRILAT run and operated with minimal intervention on my part. As long as there is no overt weaponry of mass destruction, you can patrol the region, regulate traffic, and set whatever boundries you require in the name of business development. I can set up traffic zones in the region to ensure the area of space you require limited access sees limited. I could even alter Druzi Prime's contract to legally require the same. As it would be contracted, it’s set legally and thus cannot be broken. Granted, it won’t be guaranteed, but little is.

In the mean time you can set up whatever defenses and networks you require under the freedom of this company's legal banner. Therefore, if incursion on contract does occur, you can have whatever placements you require to ensure your goals and objectives are not compromised. In other words, you get what you want and, for the most part, you get it without having everyone know that you are. The only groups that would know would be my higher ups in the region and your higher ups in the region.

To get this to work, and to ensure mutual benefits, we’d have to work out the nitty gritty details and set up the required protocols, but nothing should be so overwhelming that it would kill the deal between us and lead to battle and loss of revenue. .

That only leaves us with the problem of the easing of tensions that this situation has presented. For that, I have a two part plan. The first part entails utilizing a Maehl Holdings subcompany that focuses on providing Public Relations advice for our clients. First, I can create a piece where Irene Diolo makes a plea on behalf of her people for non-violence, showing that she is not just a cruel dictator who thirsts for blood but truly desires whats best for her people and economic prosperity. She will appear to be strong in the face of danger and imminent defeat to mortal enemies of the Iron Republic. For you, they can produce a piece whereby you will have the unique opportunity to completely turn your current image upside down. You would send a positive message to the people of Druzi that you and your people are not the bloodthirsty terrorists that you are made out to be. You do not seek to bath yourself in the blood of their children, roast their virgin daughter’s on spits, and destroy their lives because you deem them meaningless. No! Instead, you will show compassion in a situation that befits it. You will spare Druzi Prime based on mutual non-aggression and monetary concessions of trade. A simple trade of energy is all it will take, for they could not trust the Iron Republic to provide it. You will commend Irene Diolo on her leadership. I will make you look like a million ghaz. And every Iron Republic settlement in the region will see the piece because it will make for great news. Most importantly, they’ll see how Kasanthians aren’t what the Iron Republic paints them to be. And this, Admiral, may be the most important aspect of this proposal. Without this opportunity, I’m not sure we can ever sell the population of Druzi on selling itself to you.

And, finally, the transfer of “power.” If you agree, I will send non-military ships to the moon, where there can be a private “transfer”, and where your ships and troops will appear to leave. Your troops, however, could actually stay if they like. I’d prefer the large gun of mass destruction NOT be pointed at Druzi Prime, however the rest of your installation could stay more or less as is. I could arrange for uniform changes, non-military installations, and it could all be under the guise of mining and/or research. As long we can create minimal revenue generation, we can make sure it continues in perpetuity. For appearances, you’d have to use exclusively Free Systems ships, but they’d be under your control. If you so choose, for this project, we can redesign some of your vital fleet so that they meet the requirements to pass as Free Systems but really be your ships.

The primary hiccup will be, of course, if Sector General Deer sends an attack. If that is the case, best of luck to you, and please resist the urge to destroy us. If you win and we’re all still alive, much of this plan can still go into effect anyway. If you lose, well, to be perfectly honest, I’m still willing to make a deal to make it work for you, as so long as we’re business partners. But, to be perfectly honest, I’ve been getting mixed signals from Sector General Deer. I won’t want to lull you into unawareness, nor do I want to make you hyper-aware. However, my experience tells me that whenever IRLCs are involved they like to take a back seat and let someone else foot the bill. Six months ago my staff on Esiroh 6 was besieged, turned into meat for human consumption, and turned against their fellow brethren on a nearby Esiroh 7. The Iron Republic didn’t lift a finger. Neither did the local governorship. I had to use my resources to defend the people of these planets, and in turn united them again. I had to spend the resources to turn away the forces of Captain Magnus Ironsbane. On this occasion, I have no reason to believe things will be any different, especially since we’re not a very profitable settlement… yet.

Hopefully these terms will work for you, and we can ensure the mutual prosperity of us both. I await your positive response to my proposal.

Yours Sincerely,
MR Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
A Business Proposal Left_bar_bleue125/125A Business Proposal Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

A Business Proposal Empty Continued Relations

Post  MaehlHoldings Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:20 am

Admiral,

I appreciate your not blowing up Druzi Prime. And on that note, regarding future relations, I'd still like to do business. While the Iron Republic accuse you of shooting off some unprecedented weapon at them, I was on Druzi II and I know you did no such thing. Therefore, I cannot begin to presume you were untoward or went against your word.

Too bad about Druzi Prime, as I was truly hoping to use it for our mutual advantage. Unfortunately, the vampire raids are preventing trade from coming in and out of it, and the only action going on is ground fighting, a bunch of Church of Horn Dogs roaming through the populace preaching to the masses, and lots of Iron Republic ships in the region.

Oh well. Until that mess is cleaned up, I can't guarantee the production numbers that I would have otherwise. However, business is still business, and we can still do some.

Let's grow business together.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralLayneYr Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:58 am

My you are enthusiastic Su Maehl,

I'll do business with you. You don't give nearly enough flattery but I guess I shouldn't expect it from a suit.
I held my guns until the Iron Republic fired on us. They may blame us for the battle, but I know it wasn't my boys.
They are such good boys.
I need to purchase your services for a planet under my control. It has always been an industrial center but never quite achieved the perfection it should. Maybe your lauded skills at logistics would help.
I'm a simple necromancer admiral who needs a big man like you to help grow my...business.
So how much do you charge for your business growing services?

I also authorize you to discuss your services with two of my subordinates, Captain Axis and Viggo. Treat them well, and your treasure trove will grow.

AdmiralLayneYr
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
A Business Proposal Left_bar_bleue100/100A Business Proposal Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

A Business Proposal Empty Charges and Detail Finalization

Post  MaehlHoldings Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Admiral Layne Yr,

I appreciate your response. I'm sorry about not including enough flattery, but market research shows that the best way to approach a business negotiation is to refer solely to a client's business needs, as anything less will appear to be style over substance, and we at Maehl Holdings only deal with matters of substance.

Our business model is simple. First we set up a subcorporation which is thirty percent owned by Maehl Holdings. This company will handle packaging of any product you might sell. All proceeds made by this company will be split 70-30. I then formally take the contract, give you a reduction of fees throughout the Polar Expanse due to my contracts with each nation I travel in. So the price you pay is really portion of the increased revenue you'll make plus the actual shipping costs and taxes paid. In order to maximize our profits, you also agree to allow all Maehl Holdings vessels safety of travel throughout your space and, when and where possible, protection. We are also allowed to purchase Kasanthian goods as if we were Kasanthian citizens.

In case this seems a high price to pay, imagine you sell 100 items a day. With my services, I can increase those 100 units to 210 units. My profit share is 70 units, of which your profit is 140, which is 40 items greater. May not seem like much, but those extra units lead to increased wages, improved productivity, and relations with markets that otherwise would not have markets. I not only improve your production, I create markets for your goods.

All I need is the name of the planet and formal agreement and we're golden. With regards to Captain Axis and Viggo, I'll follow-up with them seperately.

We, at Maehl Holdings, appreciate your business.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down