Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honor Recieved, Blessing Given

3 posters

Go down

Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Empty Honor Recieved, Blessing Given

Post  Oleifera Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:21 am

One looks upon the high and lonely star shining upon this barren land, and finds it good. One stands upon the black sand, stretching until it kisses the darkened mountains of the horizon, and finds it good. One rocks upward to scent the sweet dusty wind and finds it good. One is gracious to the choates-without-host to this honor, this safety, this blessing. One will guard this settlement of choates-without-host and assist them as best one can.

One raises its vocal choates in prayer, and they purrhum, translating into your sonic tongue,

“My words are tied in one with the great mountains,
with the great rocks, with the great trees, in one with my body and heart.
All of you see me, one with this world."

May one help you in turn, as you have helped one.
Oleifera
Oleifera

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Left_bar_bleue100/100Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Empty Re: Honor Recieved, Blessing Given

Post  UnityPrime Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:49 pm

An image of Prime appears before the towering Oleifera. There is a deeply proud look on his scarred face.

Oleifera, let me begin with an apology. The biology of your people is remarkably complicated, and so you were the only one I was able to save from the Quall which carried your code. We will try to find more, but there are many Quall and few adequate specimens. I was called in because of the complexity of your biology...I relished working on it, and I hope your memories are intact.

This is your home now, should you wish it. You have the defense of my people for as long as you need, and I hope we have the chance to speak at more length. I have read your history from the minds of those who stole it, yet it translates poorly in the medium of geometry. I would speak with you now, but I hurtle now to battle. If you wish it, some of my people can help you build a home here, providing you with nutrients, buildings, and technology as you need.

I look forward to learning more of your people, and to seeing what you will become.
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Left_bar_bleue120/120Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralGarminFe Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:34 am

Greetings Oleifera,

Our manner of speak may be strange to you, as your way of speaking is equally strange to us. I do hope to have more time to understand your kind. If I am deciphering your speech correctly, I would assume your kind does not kill its own? Aside from the Burning Ones, as you call them, are there any other races your kind have encountered before your assimilation? If so, have your kind ever waged war with another race?

You strike me as a peaceful and harmonious people. I ask these questions and make these observations because the Quall N'Drone, as we would call them, have claimed that the races they have made extinct were more evil then themselves. They would claim that a race like your own would bring ruin to the Universe. I find this even more hard to believe then before, seeing face-to-face what extinction they had almost achieved.

Please, feel free to share more of yourself and your culture with me and my allies.

Sincerely,
Garmin Fe
GeneralGarminFe
GeneralGarminFe

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Left_bar_bleue120/120Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Oleifera Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:37 am

The Oleifera appears once again, from deep within the body of the miniaturized rainforest a tight-width silky blue millipede emerges, and keeps emerging until it reveals its entire 3 meter length. It wraps itself around an slowly outstretched branch, coiling itself. Tiny cilia extend from the rounded body, and begin to ripple as a light, feathery voice speaks.

"This one is thankful to receive your welcomes. This one will explain itself as best it can, it has spent time with some of your local choates-without-host and hopes to proceed rapidly in its learnings of your history and culture.

Oleifera have many worlds, or so it is said. This one has only seen its own world, traversed it from pole to pole, over mountains and ocean trenches alike. This journey is performed by all seedlings in preparation for becoming Bodhi, to cocoon oneself and be launched into space to seed a planet and begin the cycle anew. This one's planet was seeded by such a Bodhi far in the distant past, beyond ice ages and meltings hundreds of times over.

There is no war, why would there be war? There was earth, sea and sky enough for all. Some old seedlings who never became Bodhi, or became elder Soasis, would turn black with rot in their cores, and would bring forth vicious choates which would attack Oleifera and cause great damage and harm. These rogue Oleifera were sick, not right, burning with rot, and they were kept to end alone. Only choates killend, for some need to eat others.

This one, and the ones this one once knew hundreds of cycles ago, only knew Oleifera. Everything on the world was something an Oleifera once made, choates which had been given freedom to reproduce.

This one will aid as best it can, for returning from the Burning Ones. This one has one small request, if it can be granted easily. This one would learn these markings you make, and how to operate the screens which display such marks. One will have to make a novel choate for such activities, such as this new vocal choate." The fluffy millipede wriggles happily at this statement. "Unfortunately, the skeletal structure of the previous choate was not substantial enough to support the level of vibration, and all copies explosively liquidated shortly after the last transmission. Most of the nutrients were recaptured however, some seems to have soaked into my helper's coverings. Perhaps a covering-cleaning facility could be added nearer to my work area?"

"This one would also enjoy examining more samples of other beings, choates-without-hosts, if there are such others. A tiny amount of fluid or tissue would be enough for this one to catalog the bringing-forth information. Hopefully this one will learn to use your glowing screens soon!"

The blue millipede slowly unwinds, and attempts to crawl back into the safety of the jungle, but one end begins to quiver violently. Suddenly the segmentations crack, and slices of blue fuzz shoot off the branch with popcorn-popping noises. Nearby humans duck for cover, and a sharp burst of creaking emanates from the main body of the Oleifera, which sounds suspiciously like a tree cursing.
Oleifera
Oleifera

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Left_bar_bleue100/100Honor Recieved, Blessing Given Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:12 am

Unity Prime considered the game board in front of him. He took great pleasure in playing basic war-games with the Sanguine Lords, B in particular. The flight did not take long, but they spoke about the nature of the Universe. What was the Warmonger anyway? Was it simply the expression of entropy trying to exert itself in a Universe which had thrown off such shackles? There was no answer, of course, and there likely could never be. Still, Prime was amazed at the development of the Sanguine Lords, each of which was becoming a magnificent philosopher. He was proud of their development.

Prime's sleek black skiff landed amongst the lush greenery. He stepped out with two builders and B; Prime shook his head in wonder. Just a short time ago, this had been little more than a rock. He felt a twinge of guilt at giving them such an underdeveloped planet, but he saw they were making the most of it. He cleared his throat, taken aback at the slightly sweet smell in the air, and spoke.

"Oleifera, I'm sorry that we could not greet you in person sooner. I'm presently attempting to juggle a number of studies with two wars and my reclamation efforts. All the same, that is hardly an excuse.

First of all, our resources are yours. Your request to speak with the Builders has been met with great excitement. They see your kind as a kindred spirit, and believe that a great merging may occur. John 13 will speak his own mind on the issue."

John 13 stepped forward, a happy grin on his face. He was delighted to finially see the Oleifera he had heard so much about. The entire forrest seethed with life, purpose, and intent. It was as they theorized.

"Oleifera, it is a pleasure to meet you. We have considered your concerns and are pleased to report that the technology which we use to interface with our surroundings and the Unity network as a whole will allow us to easily interface with your systems. We use electronic and biochemical signaling to bridge communication between silicon based information storage systems and biological information process systems. This allows us our particular symbiotic relationship, and will allow you to quickly gain the use of technology. If you wish it, we can also develop communication systems for you such that you might join the Builder subnetwork. We can also work with you to create what biological material you need, and we can teach you the precepts of experimentation. We offer you this freely, because we see in you a kinship to us. You have also asked for biological samples, which we can provide in abundance with our ability to grow biological matter."

If Prime didn't know better, he would say that John 13 was breathless. What was he seeing that gave him such anticipation? It was a beautiful forrest but...no matter. "Oleifera, I cannot stay long. Is there anything else you would wish of me?"
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Oleifera Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:51 am

The Oleifera towered over the party of humans, eagerly listening to the offer of John 13. If it was hearing this human correctly... this human sounded as though it understood "the many and the one"!

A small swarm of emerald butterfly-like insects, wings edged with metallic copper, expanded from their perch upon a nearby branch. They formed a pulsating cloud before the humans, their wings creating a light, breathy voice which responded,

"This one is most grateful for your time and resources, Choate-Prime. This one can continue its studies with much more success - the inorganic nitrogen and phosphorus compounds your fellows have been spreading on one have increased one's photosynthetic rate significantly!" The green swarm flashes in a ripple of pleased humor. "This one would be much pleased if Choate-John 13 would commune with it further, and this one will be honored to join communications for faster transmission of knowledge. This one's attempts at a screen-using choate went well, but the form seems to disconcert nearby humans, so one would prefer a different method."

At this point, two spindly forms rolled from beneath the massive body, tussling and playing rambunctiously. It would be a charming scene, except that the two creatures resembled a cross between disembodied human hands and camel spiders. A few of the emerald insects dove close to nuzzle them affectionately, while long silky ferns covering the thick trunks ushered the abominations out of sight beneath the Oleifera's bulk.

"This one did not mean to occupy too much of your time, Choate Prime. This one sincerely appreciate your visit. John 13, would you care to join this one for further discussion?"

As the Oleifera spoke, one trunk slowly bent itself to a comfortable walking slope, leading up into the verdant greenery of the Oleifera's massive jungle.

Oleifera
Oleifera

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:30 am

Prime smiled. This alone made his efforts worth it. Of course...this is not all he would gain from fighting the Quall. Some headaches for his allies, to be sure. But he has bigger plans ahead. Why ask for the knowlege of Quall when he could simply take it? His hands clenched. He had to get to work.

"Oleifera, I must leave. John 13 and 12 will take things from here. As always, it was a pleasure."

Prime, with a Sanguine Lord at his side, made his way back to the ship, chatting idly with B on his way to the skiff.

John 13 and 12 smiled as one, 12 deferred to 13, letting him speak.

"Oleifera, we can teach you all that we know of construction, but we do not know how you learn. We can tell you the history of Builders, but we do not know how you transfer information. Is there a way more quick than speaking that you use to absorb information? If so, we can make an electronic matrix through which our history can be transferred to you. If you need a genetic sample, this is simplicity itself."

The palm of John 13's hand split slightly, and some red blood flowed from the wound before it neatly closed. He offered it to Oleifera.

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Oleifera Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:32 am

A wispy vine extended from the Oleifera towards John 13's outstretched hand. It gently wrapped around his proferred wrist, then delicately lapped at the pool of blood. A faint red glow suffused the vine, and suddenly streaks of glowing crimson shot through its vascular tissues and raced deep into the heart of the Oleifera.

A piercing shriek, that of a great old oak being ripped asunder by a summer storm, nearly blew out the eardrums of those within range. John 13's hand was trapped by a rapidly hardening grip, which he could not loose himself from. The living bracelet pulsed twice, and then froze. The entire mat of choates, the beating heart of the creature, halted in their tracks. For once, the seething jungle of the Oleifera was completely still.

John 13 took a deep breath. "Oleifer-"

Blackened vines instantly sprouted forth from the wooden handcuff, piercing into the flesh of the human. They weaved between muscle and bone, tracking the bundles of nerve cells, intertwining, connecting. John 13 opened his mouth to scream, but realized that there was no pain, only the extremely discomforting feeling of something else moving within him. It dawned on him that for the first time, he was beginning to experience his own body from the inside. He could feel the tendrils winding down his appendages, coating his digestive tract, delicately removing a tiny clump of malignant cells near the lining of his bladder, testing, tasting, absorbing the knowledge of every cell within his body. Tiny capillaries wove up through his spinal cord, panic began to rise within his throat, and they breached his neck and then...

Cool darkness surrounded him. He felt moisture, safety, encapsulated, emergence-to-come. He floated, replete in contentment, snug in his casing. One day he would rise to greet the rays of the sun, bursting forth with vigor...

Shocking dryness sucked the water from his body, as he stumbled woodenly across a vast desert, licking the lifewaters of his dying choates to survive...

A burning rage overtook him as a squirming presence was thrust deep within his soul, exploding and turning the world to fire...

Cold metal underneath, glaring lights above as a strange, two legged creature opened a covering, cool gases pouring forth as it made motions of peace and welcome...

John 13 looked upon himself through thousands of eyes, compound, simple, multifacited, from thousands of angles. He realized he was looking out from the body of the Oleifera upon his own, still wrapped in that penetrating handshake. He tried to move, but realized he had not the faintest idea of how. He looked out upon himself again. His body was now embedded with dark green, almost black veins, tiny specks of emerald light coursing through them. His once-body opened its eyes, brillant, solid emerald, and smiled. It spoke, not to him, but to those he knew were eagerly listening.

"This one is honored to meet the seed of the Builders. One has heard much of your kind."

Oleifera
Oleifera

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:30 pm

John 12 bowed deeply to John 13.

"An we hope to learn more of you as well."

John 13 considered his position for a few moments. It took some adjustment, being suddenly consumed. However, he was no stranger with being part of a greater whole. He had thought to make an uplink for the Olifera...instead, he would BE that uplink. In that case, there was nothing to do but get to work. Of course, the question of HOW he would work still existed, as he had no limbs to speak of.

John 13 did the only thing he could, he thought, hoping that Olifera would hear him. He used broad thoughts, giving Olifera great context. While speaking, he began to introduce themselves to the precepts of Builder high technology.

"Olifera, it seems that We am now part of us, but I am separated from my body, which contains my tools. With my will, and what motility we grant us, we can make silica choates in communion with the Builder Subnetwork. Warning is superflous as you are as we are, but as we incorporate into Olifera, we can do so by becomming a distributed network accross the Olifera, being a bridge between the Olifera and the Builders, who are eager to share their song."

Do you grant this one autonomy as a communion-choate to send our song beyond the sky?

UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Oleifera Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:02 am

Oleifera rolled back through the veins to its central core, marveling at the capacity for this John13 to be so attuned to the abrupt change in consciousness locality. Other choates it had inspected had either lost their capability for intellect or ripped themselves apart in fear. It was exceedingly well pleased at the smoothness of the transfer.

"This one did not mean for you to be eternally separated from your shell. Here, the way is open."

John 13 felt... fluid, as though he could slide his consciousness through every tissue of the Oleifera trunk, and saw the shimmering green trail leading back to his body.

"This one will leave us is such a state while you prepare these... silica choates... for integration. This one is eager to become... one-joined with this Builder Network."

Oleifera
Oleifera

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:46 am

One-joined. Yes, we seek to join with us eagerly.

John 13 slipped into the body which was once his. The nanites responded to his awareness, as part of him as he ever was. He communed briefly with John 12, working out the details of what would come next. John 13 was to be a communication node, a space station...the arm of Olifera-Builder as they reached across the endless expanse. They knew what they must do.

John 13's emerald eyes closed as he communed with he being Olifera. He could feel small networks of robots flow through her systems, gently merging with her organics and forming small communication nodes. He heard the sound of his flesh cracking open as if it were far away. He heard the involuntary screams ripping from his mouth, but they belonged to another. John 12 was supplying him with the metal he would need for this construction. The screams died down, as metal spikes ripped from the ground around John 13. They hummed with energy, and were ready.

The being which was once John 13 rocketed upwards, propelled from the launch site via intense magnetics. As he flew, he changed, taking in the metal John 12 had infused with him whilst nurturing the parts of him which were now Olifera. They had always been able to survive space, but now they would thrive there. John 13 began to grow into what would eventually become a great twisting station of pristine silver, supported by living material.

He thrummed, barely aware. Countless limbs and spawning pools began to work the will of Olifera, and his new sensors transmitted the will of Olifera to the Builder subnetwork, whilst the great mind calling itself Builder looked back. The greeting was silent, warm, and overpowering.

"Welcome Olifera, to the Builder Subnetwork."
UnityPrime
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Oleifera Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Oleifera was not alone.

The Builder voice, the choir of greeting, compassion, and eagerness to include crescendoed as Oleifera was plunged into a strange sea of awareness. It was like being home, back on the ripe world of Oleifera. Where one was not only one, but many all at once. Where thoughts flowed across the landscape through leaves, roots and sap. Oleifera had not known how lonely it had been until it was once again filled with other's voices.

The voices, however welcoming, were still alien, the pulsing tempo was not fueled by sap and choates, but tiny inorganic creations now intermingling throughout Oleifera's being. Fear of once again being invaded by another's conciousness threatened to overwhelm Oleifera. It resisted, reminding itself that this was no invasion, this was a... joining, of sorts. Yes, this was peaceful, this was consensual, this was gain of self, not loss of self.

Oleifera was still Oleifera. Oleifera was not alone.

As John 13 began to transform, Oleifera felt a slight tugging, a stronger pull, akin to when an intelligent choate was formed. Part of Oleifera wanted to leave, to be conscious aboard John 13. Oleifera hesitated, but the surge of Builder voices told it that yes! it could go! look, we are all connected, always, you can split and not be diminished, 1 divided by 2 still equals one here.

Oleifera released itself... and looked out over the planetscape of Zahaz, in orbit, pulsing with metal and organics and awareness and John 13. Here it was! It was also in a room surrounded by viewscreens, looking up at its otherself in an infinite recursive loop.

Buoyed by the voice of the Builders Oleifera attempted to speak back, slowly organizing itself around these new metal choates.

"This one... this place feels... like home. Many... thanks."

Oleifera
Oleifera

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down