Dark Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1)

2 posters

Go down

Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Empty Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1)

Post  MaehlHoldings Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:20 am

**encrypted message for Casablanca only**

Dear Administrator Stewart,

I hope this communication finds you well, and your corporation in good health. We are both business men, and our time is precious, so I am going to cut to the chase. I am in a position, due to good a spike in good business, to assist in the capital development of your company. I want to make you an offer that will be of significant mutual benefit.

I am in a unique position to assist you in the acquisition of up to two additional space stations. I will restate for the purpose of clarity, as I do not want to appear ambiguous: I am offering to purchase, on your behalf, two space stations that would otherwise be valued in the amount of 1 million ghaz. These stations will become property of Casablanca, to be run by your corporation as you see fit. These stations will not be, in any capacity, associated with Maehl Holdings.

I list my terms for this offer below:
1) Reduced and/or discounted rates for all transactions occurring through all Casablanca Stations, irrespective of location (i.e. tariffs and docking costs), for Maehl Holdings and it's subsidiaries.
2) Up to three office spaces, at EACH Casablanca Station, for Maehl Holdings and any of its subsidiaries. These spaces are to be provided at the operational cost to the station. I guarantee, in turn, no actions taken at any of these offices will violate jurisdictional law (i.e. Iron Republic law for the current Casablanca Station). These offices may include storefront space.
3) A kickback, or profit sharing, for the additional revenue you earn based on these additional stations. These stations will, for example, improve your net revenue by no less than 200 percent. My standard rate is 30% of this *additional* revenue stream earned. For example, if your current net revenue is 1 million ghaz per fiscal quarter, and your improved revenue is 2 million ghaz once the stations are operational, I ask for 30 percent of the difference, or 333,333 ghaz. This additional revenue stream will be adjusted by the proper economic factors; all development empowered by this additional revenue stream is eligible for "profit sharing." For example, if you use the additional capital you have due to these additional stations to develop a new product (i.e. starship), which nets you a profit, I am eligible for 30% of those profits as it was only available to you due to the capital development I have provided you. However, I will insist upon this percentage only until the principal of my investment (1 million ghaz) is earned in net revenue by me (for which you will have earned a net additional two million ghaz with minimal capital investment). Once that threshold has been reached, the final percentage of "profit sharing" is negotiable, provided I am allowed the above two amenities in perpetuity and irrespective of which Casablanca station (purchased by me or not).
4) Maehl Holdings is not to be formally associated with these transactions. This arrangement, other than a formally negotiated discount for services under term item 1, is not to be acknowledged formally by either party. Maehl Holdings will not formally be involved in this process. Leasing costs, per term 2, to Maehl Holdings and its subsidiaries should be kept confidential as a result. I will allow you to determine the best way to provide profit sharing to me (not Maehl Holdings), and I will determine how to best ensure the acquisition of these stations for the same purpose.
5) Mutual non-overlap of services. My business model centers on business to business, territory to territory, planet to planet trade and logistics. I improve planetary production for clients. I know your business model provides trade and logistics services that pertains to people and passenger services for the purpose of providing population growth for your clients. As the physical resources for each are similar enough in nature, i.e. freighters, to transcend current usage down the road, by entering into this agreement I promise to keep out of your business model if you keep out of mine.

The first three terms and conditions pertain to the economic benefit I hope to gain from this endeavor and are straightforward. The fourth term and condition I make because I do not want to make any formal partnership between Maehl Holdings and Casablanca Station(s). I wish to remain a silent partner and do not want any say in how you run your business; I merely want the economic rewards. If this arrangement were to become public, my clients may attempt to exert pressure on me to exert pressure on you for whatever reason and I have no desire to be put in that situation. The fifth term I set as a protection of my current business assets. I recognize that in providing you this capital you may be in a position in the near future to want to compete to a greater degree with Maehl Holdings in its trade and logistics services, as you also provide these services to some degree. I have no desire to create direct competition with myself and thus endeavor to protect myself accordingly.

I will be straightforward regarding my rational for making this offer to you:

First, it's a sound business investment on my part. You have a highly successful product that yields you significant revenue. All I have to do is make a primary capital and monetary investment and watch you replicate success accordingly without putting any human resources into it. No business model development is required on my part for what would otherwise be a costly and time consuming endeavor.

Second, your company has privileges that other companies or territories do not within the Polar Expanse. They are privileges I'd like to take advantage of without having to negotiate them myself and, most importantly, then have to compete with you in order to make having them profitable. For example, it's often a faster transaction to ship through Casablanca Station than through other avenues throughout the Iron Republic. Having more stations through which to utilize these services improves Maehl Holdings' bottom line, apart from any additional economic benefit I, independently, gain from this investment.

Finally, this offer allows me economic benefit while avoiding a negative public relations. As per the terms of my offer, I gain significant benefit, both direct and indirect, while avoiding any scrutiny from third parties. If I were to attempt to gain these benefits through any other means, such as setting up a competing business operation, there could be negative repercussions to the image of my company. I do not wish to appear to be a corporation that wants to match the hegemonic desires of the Iron Republic. I value alternatives to their services and have no desire to replicate their model of domination over all markets. The only public statement I will ever make is a generic reference to negotiating the best rates for transport throughout the Polar Expanse. On occasion, it may include price comparisons between my services and those of my competitors. By creating a situation where I have negotiated the right to a discounted rate, I get to prove to clients that I provide the best customer service and rates for the services I provide. And that, Administrator Stewart, is always good public relations and marketing.

Being able to, in turn, advise my clients that I provide the highest quality of service is good public relations.

I will not pretend my terms and conditions are trifling or easily glossed over. I acknowledge that I am leveraging a lot with this offer. This offer, however, provides you considerable value that surpasses, by far, any costs you incur as a result. For example, you will earn more ghaz in the long run than any savings on discounts provided to Maehl Holdings or shared with me. For example, the capital development I provide will enable you to build further capital without my future intervention. For example, your prestige will increase exponentially. For example, I have promised to not poach your clients or overlap services. Finally, with the discretion provided few, if any, questions will be asked regarding the nature of our relationship, allowing you to acquire significant capital with little scrutiny.

I request, and encourage, you think this matter over, Administrator Stewart. If you have any concerns, I encourage you to bring them to my attention. I hope we can work together, grow each other's business, and make an arrangement of significant mutual benefit.

I await your response to this request.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Left_bar_bleue125/125Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Empty Re: Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1)

Post  CasablancaStation Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:42 pm

**** Encrypted Case 0 to Maehl Holdings****

Re: Business Proposal
To: Su Maehl

Good Morning,
Business is well and I hope yours is also. Profits are a bit sluggish in the first quarter but I believe I have made some arrangements that may benefit myself as well as some of our business bretheren. I appreciate your ability to cut the chase. This will prove to be an excellent business venture.

The first thing my father taught me as he retired from his position, was that if a deal seems to good to be true then it probably is. That being said I have read and re-read your proposal. I have also given it to some of my attorneys. Forgive me involving the sharks as they are an unfortunate necessessity in the galaxy that we live in.

Now to the terms in order.
1. Products purchased at the varying Casablanca Stations will be at only a 5% margin to myself. Also, your products will not be subject to the standard docking taxes, refueling costs et al. Also, your ships will get priority for repairs at Casablanca Prime. We have recently upgraded the repair facilities there. Hopefully, you will not ever need to use them.

2. Done. We will make sure your store fronts are on the upper level. I am sure that the location will be optimal to your operations.

3. This seems quite reasonable. We shall make sure the appropriate contracts are drawn up. Of course, they shall be in an escrow account as your corporation does not wish to be tied to the transaction. We shall arrange for a banking guild representative to handle those details and in this time of galactic strife it should be quite easy to have you and yours get lost in the confusion.

4. See above. I find that confidentiality is the utmost. Enclosed in this transmission is a standard Non-disclosure Agreement. I trust you shall do the same.

5. As the main aspect of my business is tourism and recreation, I am certain that we shall not overlap. If, however, you do need extra transports or the like I can certainly assist. Your business is yours, mine is mine and ne'er the two shall meet. As a sign of goodwill, I shall also offer to bow out during any traditional bidding cycle if our two companies are in competition.

I apologize that it took me some time to get this back to you. I have had some engagements with current clients that prevented my attention to this. That being said, do not think that this was a non-priority for me. I handed it to my attorneys the moment I received it.

I believe this will benefit both of our corporations equally. I formally agree to your terms and await our next action item. I think that financially the ends truly do equal out and this is not a deal that is to good to be true.

Also, please accept this bottle of Merlot from the Terran homeworld. It is a '57 and I am told that it is quite good.

Regards,
Duncan Stewart
Administrator Casablanca Station.
CasablancaStation
CasablancaStation
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Left_bar_bleue100/100Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Empty Formal Acceptance of Terms and Conditions (wk2)

Post  MaehlHoldings Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:56 am

Wonderful! I accept your terms and conditions as well. I have signed the proper documents and non-disclosure agreements. Our lawyers will handle the rest.

I have made arrangements with the Banking Guild to handle the transfer of these stations. You should have access to them by the end of the week. Once the stations are operational, I anticipate the escrow accounts to be set up and the money to start flowing on both our ends.

I appreciate the good faith response, Administrator Stewart. I tried my best to ensure that I would be worthy of your good faith, and I hope to continue to do so moving forward. I appreciate the bottle of wine, it is a most extravagant gift. In kind, I have forwarded you a piece of fabulous artwork from the planet Henner 12. The artist is becoming highly acclaimed throughout the galaxy, and has a bright future. I hope it does not offend your tastes.

I look forward to other, more public, ventures together.

Yours sincerely,
Su Maehl, CEO
Maehl Holdings

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Left_bar_bleue125/125Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Empty_bar_bleue  (125/125)
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Empty Delayed Delivery

Post  MaehlHoldings Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:20 am

*encrypted H.E.M*

Apologize for the delay in delivery. Two Model T-stations, with missiles, is being delivered to you accordingly, on behalf of Su Maehl. May your business venture be successful.

Yours sincerely,
Ven Daydor, CEO
IG Capital, a Maehl Holdings Company

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
Current Research:

Back to top Go down

Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1) Empty Re: Business Proposal for Casablanca Station (wk 1)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum