Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas

Post  FieldMarshallStrykker on Thu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Jeremiah's face was grim over the video link he was using to listen in on the meeting from his flag ship. He didn't feel right leaving the fleet while the crews carried out field repairs.
"I have no problem trying to negoiate something with who or whatever is really running this migration Sector general. But, I have to be honest I don't hold out much hope. If they wanted to talk they wouldn't have come here hiding inside a mega fleet of insane E-Strain. Still I will ask for volunteers among our magnavore. As for sneaking something past the shield. How big a package is feasible Lief? "

Last edited by FieldMarshallStrykker on Thu May 10, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed two typos)

FieldMarshallStrykker
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lief_of_FortLendill on Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Lief shrugged, "Dunno exactly yet Strikes. The math is complex we are trying to see if we can get an eye spy through. From what my techs tell me the complexity increases exponentially, SAV at most would be my guess. By the way do you want me to send mechanical staff your way to help you repair the damage you sustained?"

Lief_of_FortLendill

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshallStrykker on Sat May 12, 2012 3:37 am

"Well at least an eyespy would let us get a better view of things in the bubble. Though something the size of an SAV might be more useful. I know it was just a suggetsion but personally I"m against deploying any kind of nano-plague. That kind of thing always seems to get out of hand badly. We'd appreciate any help you could give with repairs." He nodded at Leif.

FieldMarshallStrykker
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lief_of_FortLendill on Tue May 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Lief nodded, "I'll get some technomancers to your damaged ships, you'll be right as rain in a jiffy. Also its hurting my bottom line but we will see about rebuilding the eef ships we find in the debris field. Everyone elses is getting disassembled to there base materials and remade into GELPORS and some more echineas..."

Lief trailed off and pulled out his technomantic communicator, "Hey get a message to the echineas. Get one of the new ones crewed, get it to the FL dry dock. Mod it out, suarm engine to make its own crew. Flight deck and assemblers to make catskinners, and some heavy artillery. I want a self replicating battleship that builds its own crew. Test out replication once you get it, and send one to lil and mor. If it works the SUARM maybe the most flexible and capable military ever"

Lief put away the communicator, "Sorry, epic impulse buy. Speaking of which, hey mid summers evo, I am gonna have 10 stalking horses full of gelpors as by our deal. Keep the stalking horses, my gift for seeing eye to eye with my vision."

"So who's gonna be the diplomat in chief?"

Lief_of_FortLendill

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshallStrykker on Fri May 18, 2012 3:21 am

We'll dispatch some drones with a recorded message requesting a parley to the hive. Meantime we can I'll look for those volunteers. Maybe they can accomplish something. Anyone have a message in mind? Or should we go with a more general theme of talking before more lives are lost?

FieldMarshallStrykker
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  directorironsbane on Sun May 20, 2012 9:21 pm

sectorgeneralstark wrote:
Mr. Deman I have more than a handfull of angry Mercs searching for a better life in space.
I will send you 1,000 sellswords and Mercs from Tarris, to replace your lost workers.
Please send my condolences to their families."

"

I thank you General Stark, I appreciate the manpower that these mercenaries would provide. I shall pass along your condolences along with our own when we inform the families of their loss.

We also would appropriate assistance in recovery due to our losses, as a smaller company we would have a difficult time recovering our material losses. However as concerned citizens we will due our part to protect these galaxy. So any assistance Director Maehl can provide would be appreciated.

directorironsbane

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen on Tue May 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Father Inido stood from his seat,
"I volunteer to help with the negotiations, I will do whatever I can to lessen the slaughter and attempt to bring peace."

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OrleosSacrenine on Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 am

News came in and Orleos could not believe the thought of it, 'Peace with mindless slavering beasts? Next they'll be trying to negotiate with Nightmares.'

A hologram of him standing amidst the congregation beamed to life for all to see, "Ladies. Gentlemen. Forgive my absence, but I feel I must interject. I cannot help but express my own concerns about the pace that has been set regarding these E-Strain."

He addressed Father Inido, "Father, while I agree that peace is a wonderful notion, it seems like a dream to me when it comes to these 'creatures'. They, unlike your predecessors, are far more bestial in nature no doubt, and even when your predecessors were at their worst, they could be brought to a table to parley, and become quite agreeable despite whatever inherent or outside evil drove them. They had the ability to comprehend the world around them and those in it."

He went on, "However, your previous experiences and past Queen, powers that be rest her soul, have clouded your judgement, on this I am certain. Your belief in a possible redemption and reclamation of intelligence like your own is naive, especially considering the circumstances in which it came about in the first place."

From there he addressed the entirety of the congregation, "While I can understand that complete quarantine, genocide, and slaughter is never a subject to be touched upon lightly, in any conversation for that matter, I must implore you all to reconsider. Ar'yay was in all circumstances an unusual being, especially considering she was a Quall, but we must remember, she was one queen of many, and these beings are not Quall."

"While a few may be of sane mind, enough to consider the position of their race in the universe, how are we even able to determine those few from the hundreds, upon thousands, upon millions of beings who's first thought is to feed and second to breed?"

He spread his hands before him and holograms of the consumed planets appeared between and above them, "I will remind you all of the toll taken by these beings on their journey and conquest. Should they get whatever it is they desire, there will be no stopping them from devouring the rest of the worlds that they deem as acceptable feeding grounds."

His voice took on a cynical tone, "And suppose you do reach a parley? Then what? They will consume the worlds without a second thought, exponentially so, as they spread across the surface of the planet, and then no amount of spoken words or signed contracts will stop them from migrating to more suitable feeding grounds."

"A parley, a peace, is merely going to allow them time to consume and increase. Despite their so-called 'insanity' they will eventually come to realize they can just take what they want, and they will overwhelm and devour us all, of that I assure you."

With that he folded his hands in front of him, the worlds disappeared, and he waited.

OrleosSacrenine

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ar'yayhivequeen on Wed May 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Father Inido listened silently and thought for a few moments before responding.

"You bring up some very valid points, and I would like to respond to a few of them. First of all, My Queen was rather unique even among her own people, most wouldn't have bothered to even speak to you they would have just attacked. I am sad to say that my Queen was pretty much one of the very very few Quall Queens that felt that people should be used for more then just consumption. Ironic that she became the primary target by anti Quall forces, thus almost ensuring that other Queens won't follow her path of trying to coexist with other races in peace.

It is true that many E Strain simply live to consume I have an idea about that though I am not sure if it is viable. I understand that the Kasanthian forces developed Nightmare Pits which constantly produce an endless swarm of Nightmares for defense. I believe we can adapt that idea into something useful for us. If we could get some Summoners to artifice a powerful artifact that produces Kulieks we could create an endless supply of food. All we would need to do is convince the E Strain that the world we are settling them on has an unlimited food supply. Their belief would activate the artifacts and trigger the creation of creatures for them to eat. Since they are created on the spot by the leyas they will never run out.
In return for this never ending food supply their leaders who hopefully are sane would have to promise to remain on the world and not leave.

As to the breeding out of control issue, well how do the EEF deal with the E Strain that serve them? They breed the same way. They might have advice on what to do with that issue."

Ar'yayhivequeen

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime on Wed May 23, 2012 4:23 pm

(Please note: The week 2 event "Unexpected call" happens effective now and can be heard by all presently at this location.)
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lief_of_FortLendill on Thu May 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Lief listened to the message and Orleos response and he couldn't help but laugh, "Ya know, I can't think of many life forms who have other first thoughts than "eat, breed, defend the family."

He kicked his feet up looking forlornly at the cleared off catering table, he had no idea what a watercrest was but they were kinda tasty when replicated with binary protein and coloring.

"I say give diplomacy a chance and when it goes south we will stand there jaws open wide hearts gushing crimson with betrayal, and then watch as the good ol' capn'" motioning to Captain Axis, "Strikes, and a few others WMD them out of existence."

Lief shrugged, "Lets just say this migrator in chief is actually looking to get away from the Estrain and figure out some sort of civilized existence. Where would you go as him? Estrain get the honor of being feared and hated everywhere but the Uloh, who prolly don't want several billion more members."

Lief knew the assumption of peaceful intent came with another assumption, that the Unity had been wrong'ish in his prediction about the midas arc and that so was all the network analysis that indicated C2 was happening from within the pocket dimension. He kept that part to himself, better to watch what ever hijinx ensued than sow the seeds of doubt in something as bodacious absurd as diplomacy.

Lief_of_FortLendill

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OrleosSacrenine on Thu May 24, 2012 6:48 pm

As he listened to Lief's 'casual' dismissal his lips formed a tight line, but he couldn't help but agree on one point Lief had, "I'll agree on the point of many species having the desire to feed, breed, and protect the family, but I will still stress the point in which the species in question goes about it."

He reigned in his annoyance before it caused him to become spiteful, "My passing judgement is not based on them because of what they are and what they do, the Quall did and do very much the same from one perspective, but when it's at the expense of all others is when it becomes the problem."

He still thought an attempted peace was foolish, but it seemed the path that would be taken nonetheless, "If they can be brought to the table to negotiate terms, then do so. But do so with caution and an unyielding voice that shows it's nothing to take lightly."

Despite the gravity of the situation, Orleos still found something to smile about, "It is at least comforting, that despite your nonchalant take on this, you still have your wits about you for battle. And, despite what we've heard, I will wait with bated breath for the moment I get to say those lovely words, 'I told you so.' But, until then, I'll play along with whatever is decided here."

OrleosSacrenine

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OOC question

Post  UnityPrime on Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 pm

(Speaking of playing along; hello! Your friendly campaign running guy here. I've been thinking of how to handle the next mission, and I have an idea. Would you all mind if I hold off posting mission three until you send a reply back to the chief from the station? It will help me make sure that I am including what you plan to do in the introduction.

If you would prefer for me to just write up a mission which takes into account your reply, let me know and I will set it up post-haste.)
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content