Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Last Spacedock before the Arc of Midas

Post  MaehlHoldings on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm

It was magic to Su's ears.

"That's wonderful news. If they can be deployed from long range, they'll be part of the initial firing salvo and part of our defense grid. If they require short range, then they'll have to be part of the initial rush with either Captain Axis or the Stilettos."

Su looked at Evo and Strykker, "You both bring up a good point, but what I think General Freemark was trying to say was that there needs to be a strong enough line that if there 's a countering force, we don't crumble. While we could have hundreds of ship and it not be enough, I think General Freemark wants to know what types of ships people will be deploying to hold that line. "

He looked to Freemark, "Defensive grid will be as follows: I plan on setting up a network of Space stations, which will essentially be EMP missile launchers. On each planet there will be a network of Antares strider platforms armed with helios cannons and juggernaut strikers that launch domebusters into the sky. I will also equip them with emp missiles. If anyone has anything else that requires a space station or planetary location, it would be there."

Last edited by MaehlHoldings on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited out the cellphone fail (the last incomplete line continued in the next message))

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
125/125  (125/125)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 pm

*continued from prior*

He looked to Stark, "With your help and coordination I'd like to se t up a line of Horn-Class Starcruisers. They were made for countering E-Strain, so let's use them. I can probably bring twenty, but let's see if we can get some more."

He llooked to the eef, "how and when will you deploy the Leyas-radiation users?"

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
125/125  (125/125)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshallStrykker on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Well mostly they can be deployed on ships some would also be issued hermetic powerarmor and partnered with fighters so they can get in closer if need be.
Also I agree that we will need fall back points and logistical support. Sooner or later we may have to stand and fight them so the stations and increasing surface defenses on world's in thier path is a good plan. However I think right now we'd be better off not engaging in direct fleet action. Rather, we should try to set up hit and run attacks wearing them down a bit at a time and withdrawing before they can mount massed counter attacks. Then once we've evened the odds and had more time to dig in we can engage them more directly.

FieldMarshallStrykker
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:17 pm

"Mr Maehl,
Please for the sake of clarity do not conflate stage 1 with Captain Axis attack with stage 2 involving Evo's Stilleto rush.

We must decide if the brain bombs will be launched to cover stage 1 the attack on the ships projecting the defensive screen or stage 2 the rush on the revealing fleet.

My Lady, How will brain bombs affect Axis' pilots?"

"Also Field Marshal Strykker can you deploy a few cloaked Kalino missile frigates? Armed with EMP warheads they may be a good focus fire sniper unit against the Estrain crews for this coming battle?

I would recommend we place AA batteries armed with Sterlization warheads on all five planets.
But we would need the Warheads from the EEF... Can we even produce enough in time?"

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshallStrykker on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:35 pm

We will definitely be deploying kalino class ships to this. As for the warheads. While we have a pretty large supply of the nanites as we've been disturbing them to Ft. Lindell in SWURM space which have unwelcome e-Strain hives. So we have plenty getting them into the warheads will take some time. But I think we can get together a fair sized supply. It would be even quicker if the Iron Republic or Unity could devote some resources. Honestly we all know you both have far larger industrial bases than the EEF.

Last edited by FieldMarshallStrykker on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed SWARM to the correct SWURM)

FieldMarshallStrykker
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:46 pm

"General Freemark,
I am not surprised you would like more Nukes to deploy against this Alien fleet.
But we are not even deploying a single true Atomic to this battle so far.
I'm worried the wider EMP of a tactical nuke might start catching our Starfighters.
The nuke suits are smaller blasts. More managable and contained and inexpensive comparablly.

Allay my fears General. But even so, I don't have any true tactical Atomic warheads to deploy in this battle."

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PresidentRagman on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:45 pm

"weel, unless his pilots have some sort of Hive mind, it shouldn't even be noticable to them," she shrugged
PresidentRagman

Character sheet
Army Morale:
150/150  (150/150)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lief_of_FortLendill on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Lief strolled in. Dressed in a black leather biker jacket with elbow spikes, faded jeans and a long length of chain with a small metal ball hanging from one end. On his head was a Fort Lendill flag used as a bandanna, and a pair of wrap around yellow tinted googles. In short he made Damon's bodyguard look professional. "So the plan to stop a hell-of-a-lot-tillion E-strain is to use nightmare ships for an attack run, followed by a stilletto rush, with a line in the sand formation, and promiscuous use of WMDs?"

As Lief was saying all this an Eye spy de-cloaked on his shoulder like a parrot, he had obviously heard a good portion if not all the conversation.

Lief_of_FortLendill

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 pm

"Well frankly My lady, i dont really know.

Captain Axis how do you create the minds of your Sri Buringa?"

As Stark awaited Axis' reply he leaned in towards the Lady of Uloh saying "Would that I could speak to the living stars...I have only discerned how to listen in on their internal conversations. I can't actually pass information to them yet. Apparently your father is faster in figuring out how to actually communicate. I just eaves drop..."

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:50 pm

"Welcome Lief of Fort Lendill,

Some parts of the plan you have correct. Others not quite.

I have never suggested a line in the sand formation. It would be a bad idea.

My plan calls for highly mobile hit and run tactics, with long range vessels acting as cap ship snipers.

It was the either the general from the free systems or our guest the stockholder who has requested actually holding a line. Perhaps you can express to him the perils of a holding action."

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lief_of_FortLendill on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:05 pm

"No Starky, when I tell you Ironing board republic types somethings a bad idea you normally do it with even more gusto." He turned to Su Maehl with his arms outstretched and a mocking look of wonderment on his face. "OH MY GOD, that is the best plan EVER!! We need to make sure we do everything the stock holder suggests!"

Lief smiled to the Sector general. "See now that he has my blessing it will never be brought up again." Lief distractedly choose a sandwich half before turning back to Sector General Stark, "Though, you are kinda cold and ruthless Starky. No close engagement means nothings really gonna slow this fleet down. We prolly won't have any effect on her momentum as she barrels through IR space wiping out 5 star systems of souls."

Lief_of_FortLendill

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 pm

Su shrugged and looked at Lief, who didn't introduce himself but was very obviously of Ft. Lendill.

"I'm in agreement with Sector General Stark. Our primary tactic needs to be hit, run, and wear 'em down before they get to us. Our phase 1 is sound, Captain Axis striking into the core of the ship's formation to disrupt the main super structure holding whatever it is these ships have in their proverbial belly. Phase two is to use the Stilletto rush to destroy what's left, and more importantly, whatever it is that comes out. Phase 1 and 2 are supported by prolific amounts of WMDs and support from afar. Obviously, there will have to be phases 3 and 4 to counter both whatever comes out of that thing, as well as anything else they might throw against us.

While I agree, drawing a line in the sand anywhere is bad, the line of sand HAS to be the Living Stars. If the E-Strain get to the Living Stars, according to my intel the universe is over, all life will be destroyed. It's a really really really bad idea to sit and wait with even a billion ships protecting the stars. I get it. However, somehow we have got to prevent them from getting all the way to us and have some contingency plan for if we fail to halt their forward motion. Trust me, if anyone here knows this it is me, guerilla tactics can only get you so far you are so viciously outnumbered."

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
125/125  (125/125)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:08 am

"Lief, I find it funny when a nation places suicide collars on its own citizens, then claims to judge another nation as cold and ruthless.
But more to your point, you are right.

My plan does not stop the momentum of the ships if their hulls are viable. It is only to kill the Estrain Manslayers boarding troops and the eggs onboard the Great Migration fleet.
Theoretically if the hulls retain their intregity they may smash into the surface of the 5 planets.
They could do some significant damage but its only 5 planets in an Iron Republic spanning hundreds of thousands of active planetary colonies. A small sacrifice if we know that the Estrain Great Migration fleet is actually destroyed.
Iron Republic Military training always puts the needs of the majority of fiscal assests above small populations with limited profit potential.
These five planets haven't even been in use as Colonies long enough to turn a profit. Its a sound financial and sound military decision. The only thing that holds your hand is the life.
The "good and glorious" life.
Life is what the universe is designed to produce, this universe is a life making machine.
And won't the Estrain end that life if they get there anyway?
Most importantly we have to stop them from seeding the 5 planets and using them as jump points forward toward the rest of Known Space."

FSG Stark didn't really seemed convinced by the part about life, but was obviously speaking from a core training perspective of the Iron Republic Military.

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:13 am

"Though Stockholder Maehl,

If you are so worried about the Living Stars, you should petition the Board of Directors to deploy a Red Star Satellite to move them to a new location far from the remains of the Arc of Midas.
I'm sure the Board of Directors will act swiftly and with vigor once they understand the threat this poses to the Iron Republic.
Yes...Im sure they will act swiftly...this time...."

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:15 am

At that moment the entire table of guests looked at each other (OOC:except those who do not wish to) and they all shared a giggle.

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lief_of_FortLendill on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:29 am

As his giggles subsided Lief shook his head, "Oh Starky you are so funny at times. So why don't we just turn the massive array of WMDs on the Midas Arc itself. Wipe it the E-strain lost what they came for and go home?"

"As for the plan when it fails, I will tell you I told you so." Lief paused and looked over at Evo. "Good on throwing away your fighters to slow this thing down! Cuz even with the stillettos epically awesome speed the second you power down to attack speed you are gonna be eaten alive. Its really brave of you to put them outside of capital protection."

Lief_of_FortLendill

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  directorironsbane on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 am

Evo turned to the gentleman from Fort Lendil,
"Greetings to our new guest from I am assuming Fort Lendil. I do have a question for you, I believe in the past that Fort Lendil used their technology to cause chaos within their hives and caused a massive civil war amongst the E Strain. Would it be possible for your nation to repeat this feat upon this fleet? If they can break up an begin to fight each other we won't have to do much but mop up after wards. It seems that as long as they retain their cohesion and coordination they seem to be quasi impervious to our limited military strength."

directorironsbane

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:59 am

The Free Systems general, Lance Freemark, was officially irritated by the Ft. Lendill representative. This shithead has got some nerve to walk in here, talking big when he's sat on this fuckin' ass doing nothing for the better part of a year, Freemark thought to himself.

After Evo spoke, Freemark chimed in, "Yes, because I'd love to hear you say something productive right about now. I don't mind being told that our plan is bunk and liable to get us all destroyed, but you're talking some mighty big talk for someone who spent the last year turtled away in some corner of the universe being completely useless as the universe was thrown into chaos by Ancient Evils and the Fleets of Fate. While it's all nice and dandy for Ft. Lendill to be at the table, for once, it should be for something more than just adolescent wit and pretentious joviality." Freemark remained calm, standing perfectly erect and looking towards the Ft Lendill man who hadn't even bothered introducing himself, waiting to see what, if any, retort the man would provide.

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
125/125  (125/125)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sectorgeneralstark on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:02 pm

"Evo excellent point, I'm sure the brilliant minds at Fort Lendill can just program the Great Migration fleet to just turn around and head home.

By the by Lief, Evo's Stilletos shouldn't need to power down or slow down. In fact if they fly parabolically they should be turning away before they even reach hacking range.
The Stilettos speed is not compromised because they never actually slow down to attack. The Stilettos never actually attack, its the tethered Brethren drop troopers who attack during the rush.
The Brethren drop troopers launch themselves using the momentum of the stilettos parabolic arc.
Much like a classic sling. Of course the classic sling didn't launch atomically powered suicide clones.
They are not quite planet killer weapons though. And I have no true WMDs for my limited Starfleet. "

Stark pondered for a few moments ,"I wonder why the Estrain fleet is making this Great Migration?"

sectorgeneralstark
SubCommander
SubCommander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lief_of_FortLendill on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:10 pm

"While I would love for FT Lendill to once again save the universe the truth of the matter is it won't work." Lief sat down and leaned back in a chair. "Ok you all have been in a space ship or two so this should make sense. You are in your space ship and suddenly you go full pitch to port without input from your stick. You know, no shit, at that moment that you are not in control. Now the first time we did this Angel D she couldn't respond, there was no secondary. You really think two years after her most epic defeat that their would be no back up plan?" Lief paused, "She's pretty smart you know, I am willing to bet she incorporated some sort of secondary so that us smart folks in FT Lendill couldn't just make her army do the electric slide in mind blowingly perfect synchronization." He added in a matter of fact tone.

Lief turned to the General from the free systems with an over the top, heels clicking salute. "As you wish sir. Since FT Lendill has not played an active role in the past year defending the universe FT Lendill will gladly take the role of rearguard during the main engagement and vanguard during the retrograde. We will leave the heroics to forces with more experience saving the universe."

As he broke the salute he turned to Sector General Stark, "So Starky do you want some WMD's? Cuz I can make that happen. I mean I have heard our initial volley is gonna include void bombs and nukes, I wouldn't want you to feel left out." He paused pondering fingers stroking his chin. "So lets just say we all blow our WMD load early and the Estrain's hyper dimensional trick works. Whats the plan for the other 70-80% of the fleet?"

Lief_of_FortLendill

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UnityPrime on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:03 pm

( OOC: Please note that Prime's briefing, which occurred in a mission thread, happened here. Feel free to continue the discussion, keeping in mind the new information)
UnityPrime
Faction Commander
Faction Commander

Character sheet
Army Morale:
120/120  (120/120)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:58 pm

General Freemark took a deep breath and was the first to speak after Prime's message came through.

He turned to the Ft. Lendill representative. With a serious tone he stated, "Good. It'll also be your job to protect the flanks. I'd hate for a small force of EMD missiles coming out of nowhere and disable all our ships."

He turned to Sector General Stark, "I wish I knew why this Great Migration started. I have two theories. 1) Angel D has them on the brink and they have nothing else to do 2) We had them on the brink with our recent exterminations of their kind and they're on the hunt for revenge. Either way, I have a feeling they're never looking back."

"To answer the question posed, there are 13 ships, containing goodness knows what in hyperspace. The initial salvo, if we're lucky, will disable most of the ships and/or force everything that is in hyperspace out. To that end, I present to you a mostly complete list of all ships the E-Strain, non-Uloh, have been known to use:

Albatross Starfighter
Albatross Starfighter with Nanite Artillery Cannon
Anti-Starfighter Disabler Cannon
Asteroid Pelter
Bloom Ships
Capital Ship Disabler Cannon
Kingfisher Starfighter with Disabler(s)
Kingfisher Starighter
Nanite Artillery Cannons
World Worms
Wormhole Weapon

They also might have access to the following Banking Guild ships:
Antares
Banking Guild Colony-Class Light Frigate
Carrion Freighter
Heavy Frigate
Hornet Starfighter
Model 212 Starship
Model T Space Station
Sparrow Starfighter
Vespidae
Zeus Freighter
Zeus Freighter w/ EMP Burst

We should have a plan for all of them.

So who has anything that will counter any of these + the lobbing of brain crabs and/or manslayers that the Builders can build to draw a line in the sand for us?"

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
125/125  (125/125)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lief_of_FortLendill on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Lief was still wiping his hands on his jeans from his trip to the bathroom when the Gen. Freemark shot his thinly veiled threat. Lief couldn't help but laugh at the Free systems general as he stuck his hands in his pockets, "Starky, you're out of paper towels."

He regarded Gen. Freemark. "No silly, we should do joint fleets all around, that way the E-strain can't exploit any one of our weaknesses. Also not to undermine your tactical genius but a screening force is used to guard flanks, a rear guard is used to guard the primary retrograde routes and the front opposite the forward line of our ships."

Lief_of_FortLendill

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MaehlHoldings on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:47 pm

General Freemark looked at Stark, smiling, "He expects too much from feral cats, it seems." He then looked at the Ft. Lendill man, "It was meant as an additional responsibility. You don't have to be the only contingent during either, but set the tactics for. Serve as point for... etc. My team will work with your team on screening duty. Other than rear guard, it's something I feel your fleet will excel at."

He looked back to the group, "What about the rest of these ships?"

MaehlHoldings

Character sheet
Army Morale:
125/125  (125/125)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lief_of_FortLendill on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Lief shrugged, and then gave his over the top salute, "Aye Aye skipper, hope you have a bigger fleet than me, otherwise our flanks are gonna be rather weak."

Lief_of_FortLendill

Character sheet
Army Morale:
100/100  (100/100)
Current Research:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next